CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers

+8
Duchess52
Blushing Lady
Indigo.Blue
dizzyde
PrincessRN
MEGAFAITH
tashacu02
CurlyQueso
12 posters

Go down

My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers Empty My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers

Post by CurlyQueso 17th February 2011, 5:56 pm

Ok so the first time I used curlformers, it was a DISASTER! IDK if I didn't allow it to dry properly or if the product i used wasn't heavy enough but it was bad. It came out "ok" but when I went to the club it just puffed up and had no curl definition. But I tried it again and here are my resultshttps://i.servimg.com/u/f78/15/48/86/71/snapsh11.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/15/48/86/71/snapsh12.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/15/48/86/71/snapsh13.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/15/48/86/71/snapsh14.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/15/48/86/71/snapsh15.jpg

I am happy with the results however, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it last. I kind of experimented with products b/c I wasn't sure what to use lol. I couldn't find my aloe vera gel so I used HETT, eco-styler, and tropical fruit anti- frizz serum. This caused so many white balls (not the first time); so I am definitely throwing that out. So,I mixed HETT, Jane Carter wrap and roll, and tropical fruit anti- frizz serum on some curls and HETT, garnier fructis curl sculpting cream gel, and tropical fruit anti- frizz serum on others. I've concluded that JC wrap and roll just does not work for me and my hair. It i waaaaaay too light.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna make this last. Any suggestions?

Also, if you've experimented with curlformers before, what products gave you the best results?
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers Empty Re: My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers

Post by tashacu02 17th February 2011, 6:13 pm

I use curlformers and I just use regular ole' wrapping/setting foam. I haven't found a way to get them to last longer than a day yet, so I don't do them often. I'm assuming if I put some sort of holding spray or something on them it would hold, but I don't like to because I love how soft my hair is when using them. My hair usually looks great on day one and on day two I still rock them, but I have to usually pin up the front or put on a headband to look decent. Good luck!
tashacu02
tashacu02

Back to top Go down

My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers Empty Re: My 2nd SUCCESSFUL attempt at curlformers

Post by MEGAFAITH 17th February 2011, 7:22 pm

GREAT RESULTS!! TRY USING A HAIR NET TO KEEP THE CURLS IN PLACE BEFORE YOU PUT ON A SATIN BONNET THIS WORK GREAT FOR ME WHEN I DID MT TWIST AND CURL I GOT A GOOD THREE DAYS OUT OF IT.
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 17th February 2011, 11:00 pm

I want to know the answer to this too. I used curlformers once before, and while the curls were nice, it was waaaay too much work for 1 day hair. I am still trying to find out the secret to making the curls last.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzyde 17th February 2011, 11:50 pm

While I have no idea how to help you get 2nd day hair, I just wanted to tell you that your hair is so cute! It looks amazing.

dizzyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo.Blue 18th February 2011, 3:12 am

I have never used curlformers, but from looking at your pics (which are super cute by-the-way), try to pin curl them at night...
Indigo.Blue
Indigo.Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Blushing Lady 18th February 2011, 1:26 pm

I'd try pin curling it. Granted, that's a lot of work at night, but it generally works...

The best way i can describe it is to stick you index or pinky finger into the curl and retract it to your scalp and bobby pin it. It's what i normally do with my spirals when i had a relaxer. Havent tried it on natrual, but it's the same concept. if you have thos really big bobby pins, you can normally fit it across two or three. Your curls should "spring" down in the morning. I hope that's a good description. If you try it, can you let us know if it worked?

Rae
Blushblog
Blushing Lady
Blushing Lady

http://www.blushblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 18th February 2011, 5:24 pm

You are looking good girl!!!
This is one of the styles I intend to try once my hair is longer Laughing

Last edited by Duchess52 on 18th February 2011, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 18th February 2011, 6:58 pm

Yup. Pin curl them at night. I can usually get 3- 4 good days out em which I prefer cause they fall some more. Then I can just bun it and have a curly bun
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 18th February 2011, 9:25 pm

wow, pretty
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 18th February 2011, 9:39 pm

very pretty
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th February 2011, 8:35 pm

Tpayne, I have a question for you. I tried pin curling once also, but the results I got were a bantu wanna bee out. That was not what I was looking for-lol. I could have done an actual bantu knot if I knew that was going to happen. Trial and error strikes again. So, until I solve the puzzle, the first day, I don't separate them and yes, I remind myself of Shirley Temple, but I get 2nd day hair. The night of day 2, I pineapple, which loosens up the roots or I just gather them and pin them inward, if you can imagine how you would do with a french twist. So, day 3, up it goes. But my search continues, both for a product change or a maintenance change.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQueso 21st February 2011, 3:26 pm

Thank you so much! This has been so helpful. And thank you for the compliments Very Happy
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQueso 25th February 2011, 7:28 pm

UMMMMM so I can't even pin up my curls at night b/c my hair just loses it by the end of the day. Same thing happened when I did a roller set. By the end of the day it became a fro lol
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 25th February 2011, 9:09 pm

^^^ I have that same problem. I tried to pin curl and it just doesn't work for me on curlformer curls. And I too experienced significant frizzing by the end of the day. I really would like to learn how to make these work for me but still no luck yet.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down