CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

naturally going crazy!

3 posters

Go down

naturally going crazy! Empty naturally going crazy!

Post by nnlathan 17th February 2011, 5:20 pm

Hello, I would like to know is sodium hydroxide a chemical bad for the hair. I found a product that could naturally straighten my hair(product name is Cexpress), however, I read the ingredients. One ingredient was sodium hydroxide. I don't want to use this product and then have to transition again because it has a chemical. So if anyone has any info let me know or have any ideas on how to manage my 4z hair without breakage.

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

naturally going crazy! Empty Re: naturally going crazy!

Post by ajsimmons8 17th February 2011, 5:44 pm

Hi nnlathan, here's exactly what sodium hydroxide is: sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, is a caustic metallic base. It is used in many industries, mostly as a strong chemical base in the manufacture of pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps and detergents and as a drain cleaner.

It is definitely a chemical and lye is what is in relaxers - just thinking about using something in my hair that is also used for drain cleaners is a big "no-no" for me. No
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 17th February 2011, 5:45 pm

It's a relaxer - Sodium Hydroxide is lye.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down