Product inquiry ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Product inquiry ???

Post by creolebeauty1 on 17th February 2011, 1:03 pm

Hey ladies as the hotter weather is approaching and my BC time is approaching i'm anticipating my hair needs and i want to purchase some new and replace some old products ingredients , my main concern since i like to do most of my shopping online is to find one place where i can buy everything i need so i can avoid crazy shipping cost (wishful thinking) ,
Okay this is my list and i also have questions about some products i'm replacing my jojoba oil since i'm running out , i want to buy some peppermint oil ( as i heard it was a very good essential oil that promotes hair growth) if you know of any other essential oils that also promote hair growth please list them i have my moisturizing down pack now i need to get my hair growth oils down too Smile
I do not use a brush to detangle i have been combing it with a wide tooth comb someone told me and i read somewhere that using a brush sometimes help define curl patterns for some styles and do a great job at detangling but i'm torn on witch brush to get between the dennman that so many naturals rave about and the new tangle teaser so if you happen to have both witch one do you use and prefer ?
Than i'm going to give apple cider vinegar a try with brand is best to use ?
Pomades i want to get a good pommade to smooth my edges and hair sometimes witch would you ladies recommend for 4a/4b type hair ?
The shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie is something i want to try to see if it works to enhance some curl pattern and just to see if i like it but i have heard about kinky curly curling clustard and a few more witch would you ladies recommend for my hair type i intend to use this as a styler / curl enhancer and last but not least on my list i also want tome type of hair sheen if i must say i read that grape seed oil gives the hair great sheen /shine when straighten since it also a heat protectant can it also be used on natural hair to give it a little boost ? and if so does it have any other benefit like hair growth as well ?
I realize my post is pretty long but i "NEED" all of this items and would really appreciate my favorite ladies input
Thank you very much Smile
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Product inquiry ???

Post by NhappyJackie on 17th February 2011, 1:17 pm

I am sure I won't be able to answer all of your questions...but heregoes:
oils, conditioners, apple cider vinegar.....vitacost.com
Kinky Curly and SheaMoisture.....Target

As for slicking your edges, sheaMoisture and Kinky Curly will be able to aid with that. Also, some people use Sheabutter, ecostyler, aloe vera gel, or just conditioner. It all depends on the look you are going for and which product yeilds that result.

Hope this helps.
NhappyJackie

View user profile http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress on 17th February 2011, 1:28 pm

Okay this is my list and i also have questions about some products i'm replacing my jojoba oil since i'm running out , i want to buy some peppermint oil
I am about to run out the door, so I can't write a lot. Please wait for some additional responses. I am sure someone will chme in regarding the different types of oil. Jojoba is more of a carrier oil and if you replace it with an essential oil you will still need a carrier oil because essential oils are concentrated.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "growth oil" but oil(peppermint,rosemary,coconut,grapeseed, wheat germ, hemp, etc.) does not make your hair grow, it may help treat your scalp and make it a better environment for hair growth. It can also help you retain the hair you grow by protecting your hair and perhaps minimizing breakage.

HTH

FalconTress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 on 17th February 2011, 1:30 pm

You can get tons of oil and even butters and such at mountainroseherbs.com
Thats where I got my peppermint oil. I think its an ounce or a half ounce, and its ALOT. lol
You can use Grapseed oil as a carrier oil, but i think its even lighter than olive oil. Avacado oil works well. Smile I want to try Argan!
I also heard the lavender, and rose hip seed. also ylang ylang. Also on that website, it tells u a lot abt the oil.

I use a Denman D3 and I absolutely love it. I didn't modify it like most people. I think if ur hair is really thick, you would modify it. And I have heard nothing but good things about the tangle teaser.

Braggs Apple cider vinegar. I think its the only real one I know.

Pomade, I know not. but i think you can use shea butter to smooth edges, I do that. then put a scarf on it tight for at least 2 minutes and your good.

I think you should try the shea moisture first since it is cheaper, or see if someone if wiling to seel you their kccc because I know a lot of people dislike it.

To enhance my curls, or better yet, get my hair down to PH, i use about 6 oz of distilled water, abt a table spoon of aloe vera, and about 4-5 drops of lemon juice. My hair loves it.

My post is long! HTH Smile

OK...I had this list written: (some things dont have anything written by it O_O )

Jojoba - moisture
Evoo- moisture, for thick hair
Castor - Heavy, humectant
Coconut - Shine, dry scalp, dandruff
Sweet almond- moisture, lighter than olive oil
grapeseed- very light, shine
Safflower
aloe vera oil - stimulates growth
avacado oil - makes hair soft
EOs:
Rosemary - Smalles good, stimulates growth
Burdock - stimulates circulation
Clary sage
Ylang ylang
Lavender
Carrot seed

I guess that was my list of stuff to buy O_O

Last edited by meepmeep1101 on 17th February 2011, 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot some more stuff)
meepmeep1101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 on 17th February 2011, 1:48 pm

creolebeauty1 wrote:Hey ladies as the hotter weather is approaching and my BC time is approaching i'm anticipating my hair needs and i want to purchase some new and replace some old products ingredients , my main concern since i like to do most of my shopping online is to find one place where i can buy everything i need so i can avoid crazy shipping cost (wishful thinking) ,

Maybe try curlmart. They have a lot of brands all together, but not all the products of the brand.
Okay this is my list and i also have questions about some products i'm replacing my jojoba oil since i'm running out , i want to buy some peppermint oil ( as i heard it was a very good essential oil that promotes hair growth) if you know of any other essential oils that also promote hair growth please list them i have my moisturizing down pack now i need to get my hair growth oils down too Smile

I have bought some essential oils, vegatble glycerin, and also aloe vera gel from mountainroseherbs.com. And have loved their services. They have a ton of oils as well as other natural things.. Check them out also..I do not use a brush to detangle i have been combing it with a wide tooth comb someone told me and i read somewhere that using a brush sometimes help define curl patterns for some styles and do a great job at detangling but i'm torn on witch brush to get between the dennman that so many naturals rave about and the new tangle teaser so if you happen to have both witch one do you use and prefer ?

I absolutely love my Denman Paddle Brush for detangling and losing the most amount of hair. I have also heard great things about the Tangle Teezer and will probably pick one up this weekend.Than i'm going to give apple cider vinegar a try with brand is best to use ?

I cant recall what brand I use but it is the organic kind. Just googled a pic...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pomades i want to get a good pommade to smooth my edges and hair sometimes witch would you ladies recommend for 4a/4b type hair ?

I just ordered the oyin handmade burnt sugar so I'll get back to you but hear it is wonderful. I havent really experimented with pomades too much..

The shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie is something i want to try to see if it works to enhance some curl pattern and just to see if i like it but i have heard about kinky curly curling clustard and a few more witch would you ladies recommend for my hair type i intend to use this as a styler / curl enhancer and last but not least on my list i also want tome type of hair sheen if i must say i read that grape seed oil gives the hair great sheen /shine when straighten since it also a heat protectant can it also be used on natural hair to give it a little boost ? and if so does it have any other benefit like hair growth as well ?

I just bought some shea moisture curl enhancing smoohie, so I'll have to report back on that. I also ordered the shine and define from oyin and some other things(dont want to reveal my PJ too much...LOL) I have some grapeseed oil, but have never used it. I also truly love Carol's Daughter Hair Balm for shine and a refresher..

I realize my post is pretty long but i "NEED" all of this items and would really appreciate my favorite ladies input
Thank you very much Smile

I tried to answer the best I could. I am fairly new to this so Im just offering my two cents...
laleepop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 17th February 2011, 1:56 pm

OKAY thanks so much everyone i will try to check that website and might pick up the stuff i can't find online at Wholefood and be on the look out for the Dragg apple cider i already have shea butter mixes that i make my self every 2 weeks it smoothes it pretty good and i have been adding my flaxseed to it pretty good results i was just curious about the pomade maybe i'll pass for now lol (product junkyism rehab )
thank you much ladies i really appreciate it ya'll rock Smile
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 17th February 2011, 2:00 pm

O yeah when i said growth oil i was talking about a good essential oil that also promotes healthy scalp and helps retain length i heard peppermint oil does a good job but i wanted to see if there were any other essential oils out there that does the same thing , as far as the grape seed oil do people use it in their hair other than to straighten it guess will be my more direct question ? Smile thanks Smile Smile and yes i will try the shea moisture first than maybe venture in the kinky curly madness omg i want to try so many products lol
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 on 17th February 2011, 2:02 pm

grapeseed oil was the first oil i used when i went natural. and is still with me. I don't use it as much as avacado, but i use it.
meepmeep1101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 17th February 2011, 2:09 pm

O Okay the current oils i use now i have been told and understood were pretty much carrier oils and are more on the moisturizing side i have castor oil , extra virgin olive oil , coconut oil , jojoba oil and avocado oil i do not have any essential oils and wanted to try one and see if i like it but i want one that does promote a healthy scalp ,kill fungus , and can act as a preservative in my mixes i currently use raw honey for that and my hair loves honey Smile

creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 on 17th February 2011, 2:19 pm

then peppermint and lavender Smile
meepmeep1101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 17th February 2011, 2:39 pm

OKay thanks Smile i will look them up on the suggested website and make some comparisons thanks again Smile
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 on 17th February 2011, 2:42 pm

you welcome!
meepmeep1101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody on 17th February 2011, 4:06 pm

Wheat germ oil is meant to be good for promoting growth too. Can't really help with the other questions being from the UK, although I do like my Denman I haven't tried the TT. I also don't know what number my Denman is having brought it before I'd even heard of the word Denman! I've heard the TT isn't as good for dense/thick hair as its bristles are shorter than the Denman.
Jo Somebody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top