Texturizers????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Texturizers????

Post by Mrs. "new-2-curlz" Davis on 12th February 2011, 4:11 pm

My hair is so short that there's NO way to style it but it's not really that curly yet...if I use a texturizer would I no longer be natural?

Mrs. "new-2-curlz" Davis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Texturizers????

Post by NikG20 on 12th February 2011, 4:12 pm

Correct. You would no longer be natural.

I would just try to be patient. If you have seen some of these ladies 1 year update pictures they have had some amazing growth. It seems like a long time but a year goes by pretty fast. Good luck.
NikG20

View user profile http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE on 12th February 2011, 4:41 pm

Mrs. Davis, you will soon find that there are many definitions of being truly "natural"...personally, I feel if you add any chemical to your hair that changes it's natural texture, then you are no longer considered natural...that of course would include a texturizer...but some will say that you aren't natural if you color your hair...it will take some time for your natural texture to reveal itself, so get ready for the extreme amount of patience that this journey will require...Good Luck!!!
TXCHOCLTE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel on 12th February 2011, 7:43 pm

yeah, ur not a natural if u texturize...it is just a mild relaxer or the same regular relaxer left on for shorter amount of time. don't be fooled by what is marketed to u.

dajewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR on 12th February 2011, 8:00 pm

I agree with everyone else, plus you risk damage to your hair, your natural curl pattern, etc. I have seen so many people with texturized hair end up with straight, straggly, dry pieces; damage, etc
CarlaAR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 13th February 2011, 5:58 am

Depends on what being "natural" means to you. By most people's definition I would say no b/c you would be permanently and chemically altering your hair.
Ambitious_Tiff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel on 13th February 2011, 6:08 am

Ambitious_Tiff wrote: I would say no b/c you would be permanently and chemically altering your hair.

Agreed. I didn't know that coloring "could" consider you no longer natural. Wow!
DvaAuNaturel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 13th February 2011, 6:19 am

i would have to say no because to me being natural means "no chemicals" that alter or change the "natural" regular texture of your hair but to each's own if you want to get 1 go ahead but do your research Pros and cons , also patience is a virtue
your hair is not going to be long and "curly" overnight besides try to embrace whatever texture you have so you don't feel the need to alter and change it , all hair types and textures are beautiful God don't make mistakes Smile
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 13th February 2011, 6:28 am

@ DvaAunaturel
Yea girl. I have noticed there are a lot of semantics in being "natural" lol. Like if you color with henna or indigo you're still natural but Clairol or idk Garnier Fructis is a no no, lol. I really think its subjective. Though I do not have any perm in my hair now (If I do, its likely only an inch. Last relaxer in 2009 and I didn't even perm it all. Then my hair had broken off and had to be cut so I wore sew ins very regularly up until October 2010 when I subsequently had to cut off MORE hair. Boy did I cry. But anyway...), I don't consider myself natural due to all of the heat damage I did to my hair by pressing and flat ironing it. When I wash my hair I am so sad to see what I did. I mean its never going to recover from that. No But hey, I'm learning.
Ambitious_Tiff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum