CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture & a few others ...

+4
naturallynola
Luscious Mahogany
Ambitious_Tiff
NeeC1
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shea Moisture & a few others ...  Empty Shea Moisture & a few others ...

Post by NeeC1 11th February 2011, 1:50 pm

Hey ladies:
Okay, so ... tomorrow, Saturday, 12 February 2011, is my big day. I'm so ready to let my soul (and hair) glow that I couldn't sleep last night. Very Happy I'm so serious. After work yesterday I hurried to pick my munchkin up from daycare, ran home to change, and sprinted right out the door ... my destination? Target & Sally's (2 doors down from each other in mini shopping complex) and Walmart, IF I needed to (which I did). So, I bought the following items (as seen in the attached photo):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (Target)
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist (Target)
Curls Lavish Curls Moisturizer (Target)
Shea Butter Leave-In* (Walmart)
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel* (Sally's)

*The last two of which I'll also use on my daughters' hair; the first three are mine 'o mine!!

After listing these items as I have, I've noticed a trend ... I'm REALLY trying to have some moisturized defined curls. Huh! Can you blame me? Smile Because I have "impatient tendencies" I couldn't wait to try a little product this morning, so I applied a *tad* bit of Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Moisture Mist to the back of my head which is about 99% natural (since my hair is so short, I just stopped relaxing and let my hair grow in ... even if it does look like I have two different hairstyles! LOL). Anyway, the results are also attached ... Now, please, consider this: I hadn't done anything to my hair except take the wrap off, grab a glob of this, and spritz of that. So ... all things considered, I'm pretty freakin' excited about my results when I do my hair the *right* way!

Pardon me while I celebrate ... cheers

~NeeC

NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture & a few others ...  Empty Re: Shea Moisture & a few others ...

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 11th February 2011, 2:18 pm

Your curls are really shiny and pretty! Go girl! Did you use all 3 products?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 11th February 2011, 2:29 pm

Hey Tiff -
Thanks so much. I'm so looking forward to *really* doing it ... I almost can't contain myself. Actually, I just used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Hold & Shine Moisture Mist. Trust me ... I had to hold back. I would've tried EVERYTHING at once only to have no clue of who does what! (LOL)

I'm already getting the feeling, though, that I'll be returning the mist, only because it's also for "hold" ... I don't have enough TO hold, but I'll make that decision tomorrow. I do know that the longer I keep it, the more likely I'll KEEP it ... I'm not trying to become a PJ -- I heard it's a serious addiction! (LOL)

There's a larger Target pretty close to where I am so I'll check out their on-hand products, which may differ from the one I went to last night.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 11th February 2011, 4:14 pm

NeeC1,

Girl you sound just like me!! Tomorrow is my big day after doing all this research I will have my braids out and finally able to "play" with products in my hair, see what will moisturize and work with my curl pattern and to see how long styles will last. I'm actually going today after work right to target to get some things. Now I saw online at Target they have available in stores the Kinky Curly Knot Today detangler, Miss Jessie's products, them Shea Moisture products you were mentioning. How was the hold with the Curl enhancing smoothie? I think I may try the gel but I wanted like a pomade. My girlfriend whose been natural for about 4 years now uses Carol's Daughter Mimosa I think I'm going to try that later.
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 11th February 2011, 4:35 pm

@Mahogany -
(LOL) Oooooh, so I sense a PJ in the making. You mentioned 4 products withough even blinking. Yep, we sound A LOT alike! Smile Hello sister. What you should do is view the item online (on Target.com for example) and do the "find in store" option to make sure the store actually has it. I picked up the Curls Lavish Curls product 'cause they didn't have the Curls Creme Brule that I was looking for. That's how PJism starts ... (LOL)

From what I can tell, the Smoothie works nicely (smells OH SO GOOD, TOO), BUT I could only apply it to the back of my head, I want to see how it works all over. Saturday, Saturday, Saturday! drunken Once I get the majority of this relaxer off, I'll really get a chance to see what *my* hair is really about. I'll be sure to post pics.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 11th February 2011, 4:42 pm

Yes girl I think I am becoming a PJ in the making, I keep trying to redirect myself so I don't mess around and buy everything in every store LOL. But Yes post ya pics, that's why I don't have a profile pic yet because I'm waiting for SATURDAY to have my braids out, get another trim hopefully that will be the rest of my relaxer, get my color and style!! I'll post a pic also!!

Did you find that it seems like gel is the only thing that will work as far as hold? I'm going to do a rod set and want something to use on it while its wet so that when it dries it will have a nice hold for a while, not too firm of a hold tho, know what I mean?
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 11th February 2011, 4:56 pm

I love the Hold & Shine Moisture Mist! I have both of those products as well. I can't really say if the mist provides good hold or not because I use it as a refresher. I really like the Curl Enhancing Smoothie too. I'm transitioning and it works great for me. I hope it still works when I bc, lol. The PJ-ism is quite hard to stave off. If those are the only products you've purchased for yourself, you're doing well. I find myself buying product whenever I have free time and extra money. I just take it as part of the journey though. How else will I find what I really like? Wink
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 13th February 2011, 1:31 pm

Looking good!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 14th February 2011, 11:35 am

Hey NeeC1,

So my pic is the result of a rod set and having used the Shea moisture deep treatment masque and kinky curly curling custard. I didn't BC on Saturday but I think i'm going to because in working with the two textures I was annoyed that the ends of my curls flattened due to the perm still being on them so I am going to BC and go from there!! Where's ya pic? Did you BC or what? Surprised
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 14th February 2011, 12:23 pm

Hey Mahogany girl! I can't call you Luscious ... (LOL) I can't see your picture! Oh no. Try it again, please.

So, I didn't BC either ... my stylist asked me not do it just yet - she did cut off all the relaxer from the sides and back of my head though, left me with a cute little boufant-esque 'do for the time being. She asked me to hold off just 2 more months ... eh ... I can swing it. So ... patience will be my virtue (even though I'm SUCH an impatient person). But, when it's time, it's time. I told her that whenthe 2 month deadline comes - she better get to snipping. If not, I'll do it myself! (LOL)

So, that's what we're working with so far ... I can hardly WAIT to use my new products AHHHHHHH!!! Patience help me ...

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 14th February 2011, 12:42 pm

My pic is off to the side above my profile name on these posts that's the only pic I uploaded. But I'll be getting this relaxer BC'd TODAY. I do not like flattened curls and that exactly what the ends did because of the relaxer. So i'll be posting another pic likely tomorrow after I get it chopped an see what style I'm doing. But I feel you on the cutting ya own hair girl because I was about to go at these ends this morning, just hate flat spiral curls! I do like your cut tho, you'll be super short if you got it chopped now unless you have a good bit of NH and because its pressed out its not visible. idk
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 14th February 2011, 1:44 pm

Ahh! For some reason you're picture isn't showing up ... I'm getting an error (a white box with a red X in it). Hmm, maybe it's my system. Oh well.

I have about 1/4" of NH, so yeah ... we'd be REAL short, but I'll TRY to give this style a bit of time to work the NH out - it WILL be gone in 2 months. That's a fact! (LOL)
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 14th February 2011, 1:54 pm

LOL! I'll check my profile to see if maybe I need to change something there.
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 16th February 2011, 8:15 pm

Okay, I just purchased the Shea Moisture Smoothie and I think I'm almost as excited as NeeC1, lol. I'm going to try it on my twistout for tomorrow. I really was wanting a styler that I could use on a dry twistout that was inexpensive (unlike MJ Buttercreme). I'm hoping that this is the answer bounce
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

http://public.fotki.com/Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 17th February 2011, 11:42 am

Hey ladies:

Okay, so I emailed the Shea Moisture Company to ask why Target doesn't carry the Shea Moisture Leave-In (which is only available online through other retailers like CurlMart and others, not even SM). Below is the response I got:

Thank you for your inquiry. The Shea Moisture Leave In Conditioner is not sold in Target because the Shea Moisture sold in Target is Organic. The Shea Moisture Leave in Conditioner it's from the Natural line of Shea Moisture. We make two different lines of Shea Moisture, one is Organic the other is Natural.

Under the Shea Moisture Natural Classic line we offer the following:
Shea Moisture Lotion 8oz & 16oz
Shea Moisture Body Wash 8oz
Shea Moisture Exfoliating Body Wash 8oz
Shea Moisture Shea Butter 4oz & 2oz
Shea Moisture Herbal Pomade 4oz
Shea Moisture Body Crème 4oz
Shea Moisture Shampoo 8oz
Shea Moisture Leave in Conditioner 8oz

**The package for the Natural contains red, green and black lettering.

Under the Shea Moisture Organic line we offer the following:
1) Raw Shea line- Lotion, Body Wash, Soap Bar, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Masque and Hair Elixir.
2) Coconut & Hibiscus line- Lotion, Body Wash, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Leave In Conditioner, Hair Smoothie, and Hair Sprits.
3) African Black Soap line- Lotion, Body Wash, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Elixir.
4) Yucca & Baobab line- Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Sprits.
5) Man Shaving line- Facial Wash & Scrub, Shave Butter Cream, Bump Preventer, Beard Softener, Blemish Corrector and Shaving Brush.
6) Launching a new Baby line called Raw Shea with Chamomile.

Now ... is anyone else confused as to why they have a "Natural" and "Organic" line ...? Or am I just loopy?! tongue

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 17th February 2011, 4:45 pm

No yea that doesn't make sense that they have both a natural and organic line, but great research girly!! I'm going this weekend to get that curl enhancing that you advertised early on. Currently I'm using Mizani defining cream gel its not bad but I want to try that shea curl enhancing one. Were you able to see my pic yet?
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 17th February 2011, 5:12 pm

so i'm running out to target to pick up this shea curl enhancing smoothie!!! My hair needs some moisture and hold.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 17th February 2011, 5:13 pm

@ Mahogany -
The reason I can't see pics is because I'm using my work computer. When I access the site on my BB I can see everyone's pics. Your hair is JUMPIN', too!! Very Happy I added my pic, but I can't even see it ... thankfully, I know what it looks like. The top of my hair is still pretty relaxed (sans about 1/4"), while the sides and back are au natural ... I can't WAIT to be 100%. That's when I'll really be able to tell if I like the products I bought. woot! Can't wait!!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 17th February 2011, 5:15 pm

@Sheba -
I found that not all the Targets in my area carry the lines; in fact, one Target carries NOTHING. While the other carries Ms. Jessie's, Shea Moisture, Curls, etc ... You could find the product on line then search to see if it's in your local store. Gas is high, girl ... Smile

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 17th February 2011, 5:32 pm

Thanks girl but it is definitely exciting once you begin using the products I've been enjoying it so far!!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 21st February 2011, 1:19 pm

So the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie was something I bought the first day that I bought products. At that point, I had quite a bit of hair still, plus I was working with two textures. I didn't like what it did to my hair, so I hadn't used it again.

Now that I'm rocking this TWA, I used it again today, and I really like it. I like how it makes my curls look. My curls seem thicker, if that's possible.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 21st February 2011, 1:43 pm

Yes yldthng it works much better without the two textures I found that out myself once I got the rest of the relaxer cut off! It does make the curls fuller too! I also like to use mizani true textures curl defining cream gel! Good luck!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 22nd February 2011, 11:44 am

@yldthng and Mahogany:
For whatever reason, while at work, I can't see your pictures, but I can via my BlackBerry and let me tell you ... your hair (both of you) is POPPIN' (like my lipgloss ... LOL). Really! It looks great, I can't WAIT to join the club. I eyeball my products all the time and can't WAIT to use them. Once this relaxer is gone (I'm TRYING to wait until 11 March) it'll be so on ... Keep it up girls and please feel free to share when you find a treasure. Thanks!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 22nd February 2011, 12:35 pm

Thanks girlie. You don't have too much longer you can start a count down soon!! I haven't got anything else yet but I was you tubing yesterday and saw a couple videos about this Mira Gelly/Jelly I'm going to research that to see where I can get some later tho. The girl did a demo on her hair, of course it was longer but her curls were amazing her name is CoilsKinksCurls check her out she did a demo on using kinky curly custard too and this mira gel.
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 23rd February 2011, 9:59 pm

@ Luscious Mahogany, sista you look so beautiful rocking your TWA! Looks good on you for real! afro

Luscious Mahogany wrote:Thanks girlie. You don't have too much longer you can start a count down soon!! I haven't got anything else yet but I was you tubing yesterday and saw a couple videos about this Mira Gelly/Jelly I'm going to research that to see where I can get some later tho. The girl did a demo on her hair, of course it was longer but her curls were amazing her name is CoilsKinksCurls check her out she did a demo on using kinky curly custard too and this mira gel.
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next