CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your hair plans and goals?

4 posters

Go down

What are your hair plans and goals? Empty What are your hair plans and goals?

Post by songbird 8th February 2011, 2:48 am

A certain length? Health? What are you aspiring for with your hair?

I want hair that is longer than it has ever been. I'm aiming for BSL hair (stretched), and as soon as I hit that marker I think I'm going to loc it up. Very Happy

What about you all?
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

What are your hair plans and goals? Empty Re: What are your hair plans and goals?

Post by zanajh 8th February 2011, 8:40 am

I want Bsl Locks!!!!! I can't wait
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What are your hair plans and goals? Empty Re: What are your hair plans and goals?

Post by songbird 9th February 2011, 2:34 am

Woo for locs! cheers They are just so beautiful to me.
I'm always tempted to just start them now but I really want to play around in my hair for a while longer. I am very impatient though, so I'll probably be loc'ed up in no time. lol

Yours are lovely by the way, how do you maintain them?
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 9th February 2011, 11:52 am

Well i just put them in about a week ago...I wash weekly. I will be latching until they're mature then i'll palmroll
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aliyakeys 9th February 2011, 10:02 pm

I want the LONGEST HAIR I CAN POSSIBLY GROW woot! woot!!!! And I would also like to retain my hair's good health; I don't want any damaged hair on my Head! No I would love to grow some locs but I'm not allowed to because my mom thinks you have to shave them off when you no longer what them; even though I've told her otherwise. So I pretty much am going for undamaged, fresh hair.

God Bless,
aliyakeys

~None are so blind as those who will not see.
aliyakeys
aliyakeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/ikimonogakari2?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th February 2011, 10:28 pm

I want really long hair healthy hair. I really want to prove a point that you do not need to have good hair to have long hair. Also I want to prove all the people who said I couldn't do it wrong.

I am thinking BSL stretched like in a twist or braid out.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 10th February 2011, 1:30 am

@zanajh, Wow from the picture I thought they were already matured. How did you start them?

@aliya, Sounds ambitious! I don't know if I have the patience to maintain super long, loose hair. This is one of the reasons I want to loc. My parents aren't supportive of locs either, by the way. They think they look unprofessional and dirty. I had kinky twists for a while and they BEGGED me to take them out because they "looked too much like dreadlocks". confused Oh well, I will be getting them when I am ready anyway. lol! Happy hair growing! Very Happy

@naturally, What exactly is good hair? scratch
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 10th February 2011, 5:00 pm

@naturally, What exactly is good hair? scratch

that is the same question I have been asking my whole life. When I said I wanted to go natural everyone told me that I did not have good enough hair. Seriously what does that mean? scratch That's is why I admire women with highly textured hair who go natural and defy societal norms and the limitations placed our hair.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 10th February 2011, 7:05 pm

Your hair looks absolutely beautiful to me. I would actually love to have your texture so Bah Humbug to those that said your hair wasn't good enough! This is why it is so important for us to redefine "good hair" and to understand the power of our words.

I say we make natural hair the norm. afro
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 10th February 2011, 7:06 pm

i hear ya girl

btw u look gorgeous in ure photo
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 10th February 2011, 7:12 pm

Thanks honey bunny! Very Happy
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by aliyakeys 10th February 2011, 11:15 pm

@songbird Yes! Very Happy I'm right there with you!
aliyakeys
aliyakeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/ikimonogakari2?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down