CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Sooq

3 posters

Go down

Henna Sooq Empty Henna Sooq

Post by MsKayDee 6th February 2011, 11:30 pm

Hi! Thanks to fellow curly @naturallynola I was introduced to hennasooq.com to order henna from. My order should be shipped soon and I can't wait to get it this week! Has anyone ever used their Yemeni henna? I have 4a/b hair that is very dark brown-almost black looking. I definitely want color (although not raggedy ann red) and Yemeni is noted to have the deepest red stain and opted to try it, but bought jamila also as a back up too. My hair is a very short twa so if it comes out too red I will cut off and do again once my hair grows out and mix with indigo and/or alma to darken. if you have used Yemeni from henna soq, please let me know your reviews. thanks!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Henna Sooq Empty Re: Henna Sooq

Post by naturallynola 20th February 2011, 9:26 pm

You are quite welcome LadyD. Glad you had a pleasant customer service experience. Yes, Khadija is the bomb! Sorry, I can't help you with the Yemeni color. I use the Rajasthani henna and it dyes towards burgundy. I play around with the amount of amla I add each one I do and will continue to do that until I get what I am looking for. Just remember, henna has a cummulative effect, so the color will deepen each henna treatment. So, don't get overly anxious if the color is not quite what you were expecting. Have 2 gallons of patience.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 22nd February 2011, 2:09 am

hahahah! @ 2 gallons of patience....so it is! YEs the YEmenni came out red broen on my hair but could be due to the amla combined with chamomille tea added which was fine, but i only see the tint in certain angles of the light. No one else sees it yet-lol
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 22nd February 2011, 2:59 pm

Though I have a few natural sun bleached highlights in my hair, I cant really see my color unless I'm out in the sun. When my hair is out, the color is more apparent; when its in a bun, I see it in the bun itself, but its not a dark, rich color by any means. Its not like people can look at my hair on first glance and can tell its RED. It still looks very dark on first and second glance - especially w/o light.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down