CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Design Essentials Anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Design Essentials Anyone? Empty Design Essentials Anyone?

Post by NeeC1 5th February 2011, 9:45 pm

Hello Good People:
I'm about to make my very first transitioning products purchase of Design Essentials and wanted to know if anyone has tried it and has any thoughts, critiques, and/or input. I realize what's good for you may not be good for me, but I'd value your opinions.

I'm currently in month 1 of my transition and am excited to proceed. Basically, I'm looking for products that will help my transitioning hair retain moisture and hold a style before I BC (or MC for that matter). My hair is short so my transition styles are limited; I have what I call a pseudo boycut (short around the sides and the back, with longer, chin-length bangs), think of the "Rihanna" in the Take a Bow video - well before she did the mohawk or went Sideshow Bob on us (I KNOW y'all have seen that dayglow red debacle atop her head).

I plan to try rollersets of some sort as a way to mix the two textures I have going on, as that's pretty much all I'd be able to do as my natural hair continues to make it's way out. Again, any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~NeeC1

NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Design Essentials Anyone? Empty Re: Design Essentials Anyone?

Post by naturallynola 7th February 2011, 7:33 pm

I understand they have a newer line out now, but their products were not helpful to me. I used the leave in and a glossing product. There is a salon in San Antonio called Mane N Glory. They sell this line. At least you would not be out of shipping cost if it did not work out. My best suggestion for anyone who has not found their go to products would be to purchase from a place that has a liberal return policy like Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods. The Curls and Shea Moisture lines are very popular in the natural community. The other suggestion would be to purchase sample or trial sizes.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 8th February 2011, 10:38 am

naturallynola -
You have been a GREAT help. Mentioning return policies really struck a nerve - there's NOTHING like being stuck with something you don't want and/or can't use because you can't return it. No good! I'll certainly keep that in mind. Whatever I do, I'll certainly submit a "Loved it" or "Hated it" comment. Thanks so much! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 15th February 2011, 7:00 pm

My bf's father is a distributor of DE and I wasn't crazy about everything except their hydrating leave-in, my hair LOVES it! it's like an inorganic version of Bee Mine's hair milk. I do wanna get my hands on the naturals line just to see how my hair reacts to it. I don't see a profile pic so I can't get an idea of what your hair texture is like.
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 16th February 2011, 9:05 pm

The DE Naturals guy visited my stylist's salon today. She grabbed a few items 4 me, not sure what all she got, but it's fine - it WILL be used! Very Happy If it dsnt work 4 my hair it'll work 4 my daughters' hair (she already uses DE on my youngest's hair). I'll post a prompt response/review as soon as I can.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 24th February 2011, 4:30 pm

All righty. So, here's my follow up ...
I've finally gotten around to picking up the products my stylist got for me ... this is what I have (the prices are from the DE website):
Natural Curl Cleanser (Sulfate-Free Shampoo) - $12.90
Natural Moisturizing Conditioner - $10.90
Natural Curl Stretching Cream - $26.90
Natural Defining Creme Gel - $25.90
Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion - $11.90

Now, I don't claim to be a mathematical genius ... or anything near it, but that's $88.50 worth of stuff - I paid $40!! OMG!! This DOES justify my PJism, right? Right ...? Somebody, right?? Wink Fine! C'mon ... it was too good to pass up! Not only that, everything smells SOOOO good. The creams smell like vanilla cake batter! Oh my!!

So, although I'm still partially relaxed I'm gonna try just a teeny, tiny bit out this weekend ... I'll post a report promptly! Yee! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 25th February 2011, 11:45 am

And here's my follow up to my follow up ... (LOL) Oh TGIF!! Here's a picture of all the DE products I got. Plus the other stuff I bought a few weeks or days ago (I can't even remember!). Somebody, anybody, Jodeci ... *help*! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You must admit ... $40 for all of this is GREAT, when some other major product companies charge $32 for ONE item!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Okay, and here's everything I own ... I'm not buying ANOTHER nothing!! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 25th February 2011, 12:44 pm

affraid woot!
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 25th February 2011, 12:57 pm

Madeaj ....
Yeah, I feel the same way!! Laughing I tell you what ... I'm done buying ... products. Now, it's on to accessories!
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down