2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by maemay on 5th February 2011, 8:37 pm

Hi ladies!! I have been transitioning for a short amount of time (last relaxer mid-November), but today I said, "no more!" I became so frustrated (I was transitioning with a very short "Rhianna" cut) and the two textures was definitely not cute with such a short amount of hair. I woke up this morning and told my hubby that today was the day. I was ready! So we, along with my baby, went to Uncle Funky's Daughter to get it cut. I feel so great! I must say, this is the first time that I went into a salon and was 100%, totally satisfied with my hair. I love the new me!!

Thanks to everyone for their inspiration. You guys don't know how much encouragement folks like myself get when we see your pictures and read your stories on websites. Thanks so much! Very Happy


Last edited by maemay on 5th February 2011, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
maemay

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by Jazzyrin on 5th February 2011, 8:39 pm

congratsss
avatar
Jazzyrin

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Long Island, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by cyclingchick on 5th February 2011, 8:44 pm

Congrats! cheers I also had a short transition time. I cut down a chin-length bob to a pixie last Spring and decided to start transitioning in late May...soooooo difficult with short hair. I did the BC just shy of 3 months and it's one of the best decisions I made.

Welcome to CN and enjoy the new you. Very Happy
avatar
cyclingchick

Posts : 519
Join date : 2010-05-31
Age : 40
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The ol' "Rihanna" cut transition ...

Post by NeeC1 on 5th February 2011, 9:53 pm

Hello!

I'm in the boat you were in with the "Rihanna" cut ... I plan to transition for a few months, but we all know how plans work sometimes. They don't! (LOL) I'm not afraid to go short, but I need a lil something on the top of my head. Your post BC (or MC) turned out great. Gorgeous. I think more than anything I'm afraid of what kind of noggin' I have under this hair ... if genetics proves me right, yet again, I have my daddy's head and No ... I'll have to stretch this transitioning out a bit longer. Smile Again, congrats to you ... I hope to join you soon!

~NeeC1
avatar
NeeC1

Posts : 112
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by maemay on 5th February 2011, 11:00 pm

Thanks girls!

@cyclingchick, girl, that's my story, I turned 30 in August and got a short haircut from a bob, too. I'm glad I went ahead and cut the relaxer off!

@NeeC1, hang in there girl! It's well worth the wait.
avatar
maemay

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by sweetdrk1 on 5th February 2011, 11:13 pm

Congrats!! You look fantastic!!!!
avatar
sweetdrk1

Posts : 8126
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 51
Location : Cliffton, NJ

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by rayray19 on 5th February 2011, 11:40 pm

CONGRATS!! I was just like you..I had to transition from that short "Rhianna" cut and it was hard to do with little hair..so I only transition for 2 months!! but your avatar pic looks great!!
avatar
rayray19

Posts : 939
Join date : 2010-07-05
Age : 26
Location : Charleston, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by Fleur on 5th February 2011, 11:45 pm

Congratulations! I'm happy that you were able to take the leap with the short cut. It's a wonderful experience to see how your hair grows when it's that short. I transitioned for 5 months, but the stylist still cut it down to virtually nothing because she didn't know about multiple textures. She kept cutting my hair because she thought I still had relaxed hair in some parts, lol. I should've research better, but oh well. Check out my fotki before and after.

Again, congratulations! You are wearing it well. We are here to help out in any way we can!!!!


Last edited by fleur on 5th February 2011, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Fleur

Posts : 511
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 39
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by Nali1987 on 5th February 2011, 11:49 pm

You look great! Congrats!
avatar
Nali1987

Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by creolebeauty1 on 6th February 2011, 12:11 am

CONGRATS , God know i wish APRIL will come so i can finally be FREE i feel like i'm stuck lol you look gorgeous Smile
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by pie on 6th February 2011, 2:47 pm

Congrats!!! You look great. I also cut after a 3 month transition. Very Happy
avatar
pie

Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by funkyhairchic on 6th February 2011, 5:43 pm

Congrats! That's so awesome and you look great! I was a short-term transitioner, too. Your hair is going to grow like a weed!
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by SwanLakeLibra on 6th February 2011, 8:28 pm

Maemay, your cut looks great. I live in Houston too and thought about visiting Uncle Funky's for a trim but I did not know anyone who had frequented their establishment. Who was the stylist that cut your hair? I wish you the best on your journey.

maemay wrote:Hi ladies!! I have been transitioning for a short amount of time (last relaxer mid-November), but today I said, "no more!" I became so frustrated (I was transitioning with a very short "Rhianna" cut) and the two textures was definitely not cute with such a short amount of hair. I woke up this morning and told my hubby that today was the day. I was ready! So we, along with my baby, went to Uncle Funky's Daughter to get it cut. I feel so great! I must say, this is the first time that I went into a salon and was 100%, totally satisfied with my hair. I love the new me!!

Thanks to everyone for their inspiration. You guys don't know how much encouragement folks like myself get when we see your pictures and read your stories on websites. Thanks so much! Very Happy
avatar
SwanLakeLibra

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-02-05
Age : 50
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by maemay on 6th February 2011, 9:14 pm

Thanks everyone. You guys look great too!

@SwanLakeLibra: I don't remember the lady's name that cut my hair. She was really tall with sisterlocks and a nose ring. It happened so fast and I was so excited I totally forgot her name. But she was so nice and encouraging. She interviewed me too! The salon is cozy so it should be easy to identify her. Also, the owners, a married couple, were very nice and informative. HTH!
avatar
maemay

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by maemay on 6th February 2011, 9:18 pm

fleur wrote:Congratulations! I'm happy that you were able to take the leap with the short cut. It's a wonderful experience to see how your hair grows when it's that short. I transitioned for 5 months, but the stylist still cut it down to virtually nothing because she didn't know about multiple textures. She kept cutting my hair because she thought I still had relaxed hair in some parts, lol. I should've research better, but oh well. Check out my fotki before and after.

Again, congratulations! You are wearing it well. We are here to help out in any way we can!!!!

I love your pics! Your hair has been just lovely throughout your journey. Very Happy
avatar
maemay

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by maemay on 6th February 2011, 9:20 pm

rayray19 wrote:CONGRATS!! I was just like you..I had to transition from that short "Rhianna" cut and it was hard to do with little hair..so I only transition for 2 months!! but your avatar pic looks great!!

@Rayray, I love the different styles you have in your fotki. Very cute.
avatar
maemay

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum