Post by Emartini04 on 6th February 2011, 7:44 pm

afro

Last edited by Emartini04 on 6th February 2011, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emartini04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do you get so upset?!!!

Post by BajanPrincess82 on 6th February 2011, 7:48 pm

1FlySista wrote:I am fully natural and guess what? I don't like peasy looking afros or unkempt dred locks either - on females or males . I like natural hair styles that look like the person gave a damn. I see some of these natural females/males walking around town and all over Fotki looking thrown away and if you are looking, you ladies see them too. If that is who Mef is referring to then I have to agree. THAT is not attractive. I'm starting to side with my girl HIMAY10NENCE. "These natural hair girls MAKE ME SICK!" I mean are you kidding me? There are 10+ thread pages on many natural hair sites discussing this man's opinion and preference. His opinion/preference - which he is entitled to, just as we all are.

Please keep it moving, matter of fact some of those naturals that are huffing and puffing need to go do their hair. Maybe then they wouldn't feel so offended. #Imjustsayin'

Glad I wasn't the first one to say it! lol. I've been natural all my life and I don't like the peasy afros or unkempt hair either! I wouldn't want it on my man OR my homegirl's head...but that's just my preference! I actually laughed when I saw the video b/c I thought it was slightly amusing.
BajanPrincess82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee on 6th February 2011, 8:10 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:**Disclaimer** There is some ranting in this post. You have been warned.

I do believe "we" are overly sensitive at times. Honestly I don't think any man would reject a woman SOLELY based off of her hair if she has other things going for herself. Dang, he's entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. He never said he doesn't like natural hair. He said he doesn't like "peasy" afros or locks. That's his right. As far as the wanting his woman's hair to be "done" comment, that can be interpreted in different ways. You can be natural and have your hair "done" just like you can be natural and look a fresh fool. The same goes for relaxed hair. IMHO, a lot of naturals get all offended and uptight b/c they aren't as comfortable and real with themselves as they like to show the world. It takes real heart and strength of self to be "different" and not blend in. Some people just don't have that. Its annoying when people act like being natural is like perfect hair world and there are no frustrations that come with it. We are still people and should stop trying to put ourselves in a box and make people accept it as a gift. Everything is not for every freaking body!! Could be that people have an unrealistic expectation of "solidarity" on all fronts amongst blacks. A kind of "I like it so you have to like it too" attitude. I think a lot of people just chose to take it negatively without really listening, considering it's just one man's opinion, or like I said, maybe they just needed a mad fix. Everybody didn't accept Jesus so why on Earth would everyone rush to accept natural hair...? Idk, just my thoughts...

agreed !

BajanPrincess82 wrote:
1FlySista wrote:I am fully natural and guess what? I don't like peasy looking afros or unkempt dred locks either - on females or males . I like natural hair styles that look like the person gave a damn. I see some of these natural females/males walking around town and all over Fotki looking thrown away and if you are looking, you ladies see them too. If that is who Mef is referring to then I have to agree. THAT is not attractive. I'm starting to side with my girl HIMAY10NENCE. "These natural hair girls MAKE ME SICK!" I mean are you kidding me? There are 10+ thread pages on many natural hair sites discussing this man's opinion and preference. His opinion/preference - which he is entitled to, just as we all are.

Please keep it moving, matter of fact some of those naturals that are huffing and puffing need to go do their hair. Maybe then they wouldn't feel so offended. #Imjustsayin'

Glad I wasn't the first one to say it! lol. I've been natural all my life and I don't like the peasy afros or unkempt hair either! I wouldn't want it on my man OR my homegirl's head...but that's just my preference! I actually laughed when I saw the video b/c I thought it was slightly amusing.

+2
pretty,Pleaseee

View user profile http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic on 7th February 2011, 1:25 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:@funkyhairchic I feel like your outfit is real baddd in that avi! You betta work! Lol.

Thanks Mangos! Smile
funkyhairchic

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance on 7th February 2011, 1:25 pm

What may be unkept or peasy (still don't know what that word means) to one person may be a bold and creative style to the next. I like wild and crazy hair and embarce my shrinkage daily. Someone else may say it's ugly. I just wouldn't go on record saying something negative about a black woman.

Yea, it's his right but it's also my right to not like it and not be called angry, sensitive and insecure about my hair. I'm none of those things. Not saying anyone is saying that in prior posts but let's remember that if someone doesn't agree with your way of thinking doesn't mean they are insecure. Maybe they see the world in a different light than you.

Last edited by sonance on 7th February 2011, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
sonance

View user profile http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 on 7th February 2011, 2:28 pm

You're absolutely right Sonance. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because it did not sit well with someone does not make them insecure about themselves or their hair. What's funny to some does not mean it'll be funny to all and that's absolutely fine also.

Emartini04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 on 7th February 2011, 3:02 pm

It personally does NOT bother "ME", if someone does NOT like Natural hair.

BUT,

"I" can see why some naturals may get offended.
I have a friend who is natural, but she puts too much on it.

She is:
-Natural
-Vegan
-Everything has to be organic (food, products, etc)

Lol, but she goes around preaching to people about going natural. Basically she over does it!

She had made a comment about someone disliking the natural look... She said "Oh wow, you don't like naturals? SO basically you like the fake hair, weaves, caked on make-up and stuff"...

LMBO, it offended her because she felt people like "fake" over "natural"...

Like I said, it's all funny to me, and I can MAYBE see why people may get offended, but if you are not buying my hair products, then your opinon does NOT matter!
Cupcake415

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top