Why do you get so upset?!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why do you get so upset?!!!

Post by Indigo.Blue on 5th February 2011, 10:22 pm

@sonance: I don't think someone saying they like their women's hair done implies that natural hair is unkempt. If a little boy does not brush his hair, his teachers, parents, and maybe his friends will question why he did not brush his hair. It has nothing to do with texture...it has everything to do with being neat. There is a big difference between a neat afro and an unkempt one...there is a big difference between locks that are neat and done as opposed to locks that are neglected...natural hair has nothing to do with it...
Indigo.Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista on 5th February 2011, 10:39 pm

I am fully natural and guess what? I don't like peasy looking afros or unkempt dred locks either - on females or males. I like natural hair styles that look like the person gave a damn. I see some of these natural females/males walking around town and all over Fotki looking thrown away and if you are looking, you ladies see them too. If that is who Mef is referring to then I have to agree. THAT is not attractive. I'm starting to side with my girl HIMAY10NENCE. "These natural hair girls MAKE ME SICK!" I mean are you kidding me? There are 10+ thread pages on many natural hair sites discussing this man's opinion and preference. His opinion/preference - which he is entitled to, just as we all are.

Please keep it moving, matter of fact some of those naturals that are huffing and puffing need to go do their hair. Maybe then they wouldn't feel so offended. #Imjustsayin'
1FlySista

View user profile http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 5th February 2011, 10:56 pm

lol!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé on 5th February 2011, 10:58 pm

1FlySista wrote:I am fully natural and guess what? I don't like peasy looking afros or unkempt dred locks either - on females or males. I like natural hair styles that look like the person gave a damn. I see some of these natural females/males walking around town and all over Fotki looking thrown away and if you are looking, you ladies see them too. If that is who Mef is referring to then I have to agree. THAT is not attractive. I'm starting to side with my girl HIMAY10NENCE. "These natural hair girls MAKE ME SICK!" I mean are you kidding me? There are 10+ thread pages on many natural hair sites discussing this man's opinion and preference. His opinion/preference - which he is entitled to, just as we all are.

Please keep it moving, matter of fact some of those naturals that are huffing and puffing need to go do their hair. Maybe then they wouldn't feel so offended. #Imjustsayin'

PREAAACH!!!!!
tiashaunteé

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel on 5th February 2011, 10:59 pm

I don't get why some naturals even watched the video...lol
I saw the title and kept it moving....
....That's his preference

I heard Nikki Minaj's latest single this morning and at some point she goes: " all them nappy headed bi*** need a perminator"...I was like..."hmmmm...i guess she won't be going natural anytime soon.." and kept it moving...lol

To each their own...she'll keep rocking pink wigs...i'll keep rocking fly ass twist outs....
It's that simple..
fanmnatirel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 5th February 2011, 11:03 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:
1FlySista wrote:I am fully natural and guess what? I don't like peasy looking afros or unkempt dred locks either - on females or males. I like natural hair styles that look like the person gave a damn. I see some of these natural females/males walking around town and all over Fotki looking thrown away and if you are looking, you ladies see them too. If that is who Mef is referring to then I have to agree. THAT is not attractive. I'm starting to side with my girl HIMAY10NENCE. "These natural hair girls MAKE ME SICK!" I mean are you kidding me? There are 10+ thread pages on many natural hair sites discussing this man's opinion and preference. His opinion/preference - which he is entitled to, just as we all are.

PREAAACH!!!!!
Amen!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 on 5th February 2011, 11:05 pm

NaturalSinceBirth wrote:@sweetdrk1 you're pic is so cute!!

But I agree with you all!

I think a lot of naturals are overly upset at a preference. People just want everyone to say something nice or nothing at all. I think a lot of them just want everyone to like their hair when everyone's not going to like it.

I mean its method man guys! Lol this guy makes rhymes for a living

thank you very much!
sweetdrk1

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 on 6th February 2011, 12:17 am

fanmnatirel wrote:I don't get why some naturals even watched the video...lol
I saw the title and kept it moving....
....That's his preference

I heard Nikki Minaj's latest single this morning and at some point she goes: " all them nappy headed bi*** need a perminator"...I was like..."hmmmm...i guess she won't be going natural anytime soon.." and kept it moving...lol

To each their own...she'll keep rocking pink wigs...i'll keep rocking fly ass twist outs....
It's that simple..

lol i had the same reaction when i heard that too
rayray19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 6th February 2011, 12:21 am

LMAO you ladies got me cracking up
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 6th February 2011, 12:33 am

YOU KNOW YOU SAID IT! Very Happy

I watched the video and felt nothing about! It's METHOD MAN for heaven's sake! SMH The same dude who used to have half braids and half peasy afro on his head at once!

I think chicks get bent out of shape because it's a Black man who said the "hurtful" comments. But, really, shouldn't we already be used to the negative reactions to our hair? It is what it is...roll with it, or get a perm so everyone can love your hair! woot!

TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika on 6th February 2011, 1:07 am

....Okay, did I miss something? scratch
LadyMika

View user profile http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika on 6th February 2011, 1:26 am

Just watched the videos and my verdict is: "Rolling Eyes Whatever MOFO. Don't you have anything BETTER to do with your time? Oh wait--Wu Tang ain't gettin' back together. WOOPS!!"

That is all. lol!
LadyMika

View user profile http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 6th February 2011, 1:51 am

Bwahahahaha @ EVERY comment. Ahahahaha!!!
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 on 6th February 2011, 12:17 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks for posting his response. Hopefully it helps the people who actually got upset.

You got it!
Emartini04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 on 6th February 2011, 12:18 pm

LadyMika wrote:Just watched the videos and my verdict is: "Rolling Eyes Whatever MOFO. Don't you have anything BETTER to do with your time? Oh wait--Wu Tang ain't gettin' back together. WOOPS!!"

That is all. lol!

Lol. That's what my homegirl said after she watched this video. Her response was "who cares what he thinks his career been over years ago."
Emartini04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 on 6th February 2011, 12:20 pm

rayray19 wrote:@Emartini04 love your avatar!!

and I agree everyone has their own preference...if we all liked the same thing this world would be BORING!!

Awww thank you. Loving your avator as well. You're hair is growing out really nice and FAST.
Emartini04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly on 6th February 2011, 1:47 pm

You know I agree with both sides I don't follow Method Man and didn't watch the video because I am not interested in anything he has to say. As a public site as with other social sites people voice their opinions and usually they are different from the next person which is o.k. Sonance I hear you girl about the negative images that black people specifically black men perpetrate toward black woman all the time. I have to say I am learning to be quiet and listen more and then form my opinion about things and I don't always have to let others know what that opinion is as long as I know what I feel and believe. I am just grateful for the experiences of hearing about opinions/views that are not the same as mine, finding others who agree with my views/opinions, and just the wealth of information that I'm getting and the ability to pick and choose what is for me and what is not. I love all of your avatars, your stories, and just everything you bring to this community, I've learned a lot and I think a lot of times it's because we are so different but the same.

Kimberly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance on 6th February 2011, 2:53 pm

Yea, the point I'm making is the negative remarks made agianst Black women regardless of what body part or personality trait being attacked is bothersome to me.

sonance

View user profile http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 6th February 2011, 5:32 pm

**Disclaimer** There is some ranting in this post. You have been warned.

I do believe "we" are overly sensitive at times. Honestly I don't think any man would reject a woman SOLELY based off of her hair if she has other things going for herself. Dang, he's entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. He never said he doesn't like natural hair. He said he doesn't like "peasy" afros or locks. That's his right. As far as the wanting his woman's hair to be "done" comment, that can be interpreted in different ways. You can be natural and have your hair "done" just like you can be natural and look a fresh fool. The same goes for relaxed hair. IMHO, a lot of naturals get all offended and uptight b/c they aren't as comfortable and real with themselves as they like to show the world. It takes real heart and strength of self to be "different" and not blend in. Some people just don't have that. Its annoying when people act like being natural is like perfect hair world and there are no frustrations that come with it. We are still people and should stop trying to put ourselves in a box and make people accept it as a gift. Everything is not for every freaking body!! Could be that people have an unrealistic expectation of "solidarity" on all fronts amongst blacks. A kind of "I like it so you have to like it too" attitude. I think a lot of people just chose to take it negatively without really listening, considering it's just one man's opinion, or like I said, maybe they just needed a mad fix. Everybody didn't accept Jesus so why on Earth would everyone rush to accept natural hair...? Idk, just my thoughts...
Ambitious_Tiff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic on 6th February 2011, 5:33 pm

Thank you! People just need to channel their energy towards something positive. It's one man's opinion and he's entitled to it. It is what it is.
funkyhairchic

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 on 6th February 2011, 5:56 pm

I have to say this even though i could get careless about his likes and dislikes being that he is not an active member in my personal life but at the same time everyone need to understand we are ALL entitled to our opinions it's not just a one way street so if some natural get sensitive about what he said they are also entitled to that too so in conclusion is it fair to say EVERYONE is entitled to do say feel wear their hair how they please the "peasy " afro remark didn't seat well with me not because he is method man but because i just don't like that word just like i don't like when people say they have a good hair because it's curly but that's my personal opinion and as he is entitled to not like "peasy " Afros i'm entitled to not feel comfortable about that statement #justsaying but anyways method man need to go find redman and make a record lol
creolebeauty1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly on 6th February 2011, 5:57 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:**Disclaimer** There is some ranting in this post. You have been warned.

I do believe "we" are overly sensitive at times. Honestly I don't think any man would reject a woman SOLELY based off of her hair if she has other things going for herself. Dang, he's entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. He never said he doesn't like natural hair. He said he doesn't like "peasy" afros or locks. That's his right. As far as the wanting his woman's hair to be "done" comment, that can be interpreted in different ways. You can be natural and have your hair "done" just like you can be natural and look a fresh fool. The same goes for relaxed hair. IMHO, a lot of naturals get all offended and uptight b/c they aren't as comfortable and real with themselves as they like to show the world. It takes real heart and strength of self to be "different" and not blend in. Some people just don't have that. Its annoying when people act like being natural is like perfect hair world and there are no frustrations that come with it. We are still people and should stop trying to put ourselves in a box and make people accept it as a gift. Everything is not for every freaking body!! Could be that people have an unrealistic expectation of "solidarity" on all fronts amongst blacks. A kind of "I like it so you have to like it too" attitude. I think a lot of people just chose to take it negatively without really listening, considering it's just one man's opinion, or like I said, maybe they just needed a mad fix. Everybody didn't accept Jesus so why on Earth would everyone rush to accept natural hair...? Idk, just my thoughts...

+1 Very Happy
QuirkyCurly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP on 6th February 2011, 6:15 pm

Feh, it is Method Man. I like his music and I actually know the words...LOL

Even though he could get this (provided that he checks out ok), I don't understand why his statement that he doesn't like something hits sisters at their core?

I am convinced that there are a lot of sisters out there not 100% with their walk...All of the positive affirmations from Method Man won't do anything to change that.

Um. What does peasy mean?
DaButterflyBAP

View user profile http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 6th February 2011, 6:54 pm

@funkyhairchic I feel like your outfit is real baddd in that avi! You betta work! Lol.
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista on 6th February 2011, 7:29 pm

NaturalSinceBirth wrote:
Ambitious_Tiff wrote:**Disclaimer** There is some ranting in this post. You have been warned.

+1 Very Happy
+2
1FlySista

View user profile http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top