CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP MEEEEE!!!

4 posters

Go down

HELP MEEEEE!!! Empty HELP MEEEEE!!!

Post by NeLLeBeLLe93 5th February 2011, 3:42 am

Ok hello ladies! New user to this site. A friend of mine referred me to this site and so far it seems awesome. So kinda without thinking I decided I wanted to go back natural I literally made the decision a couple days ago. I realized I was due for a perm and decided not to so its been a mth without a perm so I have about an inch of new growth and the rest is relaxed hair. I think I'm ready to do this but of course Im concerned about transitioning styles [I'm already freaking out!] I have no idea what to do to my hair and what products and regimens is good for the newbies. Idk if my location is a factor so I'll point out that I'm in NY so what good products is out here for a sista to use???? Also I did my perms myself and will admit didnt pay much [or any] attention to my hair in the past so I have NO HAIR KNOWLEDGE! but its a new year and I'm trying to change. Help/advice is DESPERATELY needed. So anything you send my way will be so greatly appreciated. I just need some guidance Sad

NeLLeBeLLe 93

NeLLeBeLLe93

Back to top Go down

HELP MEEEEE!!! Empty Re: HELP MEEEEE!!!

Post by prettyporsche_ 5th February 2011, 4:29 am

Treat all of ur hair like it's natural. Keep it moisturized. After you use a leave-in conditioner, seal it w/ an oil such as extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
prettyporsche_
prettyporsche_

https://facebook.com/porsche.olivia

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 5th February 2011, 2:37 pm

For styles you can try rollersets, cornrows, braid outs, bantu knot outs. This will help to keep heat off of your hair and blend the relaxed hair with your new growth. For products you might have to experiment to find things that agree with your hair. I would look for a good moisturizer, oil, shampoo and conditioner. I typically use braid spray as a moisturizer, coconut oil, VO5 conditioners for rinse out/detangle, Jane Carter's leave in, Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol for deep conditioner. Good luck to you on your journey. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by NeLLeBeLLe93 5th February 2011, 5:47 pm

thank you so much for the tips ladies. I'm excited to get started on this journey. I already cant wait till its over and I'm natural again ^_^

NeLLeBeLLe93

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th February 2011, 7:45 pm

Keep it simple and have 2 gallons of patience as this is most def trial and error. So, keep it light. REmember, moisture, moisture, moisture. If the hair is properly moisturized, it will resist breaking. The line of demarcation where the relaxed hair and the natural hair meets is very fragile, so keep it moisturized and be gentle with it. Concentrate extra product on the ends as this is the oldest and most vulnerable part of the hair strand. As you go through this journey, the detangling may become a bit challenging. Try to apply olive oil or coconut oil at least 1 hour or all night (I do) and it will strengthen, soften, and help detangle the hair. Do this prior to cleansing. Shampoo in the shower with your hair in sections, taking one section down at a time to cleanse. I suggest you condition and use a leave-in conditioner after each cleansing. All of these things boost the moisture level in your hair. Keep a hair journal so you have notes of what you use and if it worked or not. Make sure to note what you used with it and if it was on dry hair, damp, or wet hair. Get yourself a good moisturizer (water based) and use it whenever your hair needs moisturizing between wash days. Some ppl use a spritz (homemade or bought). Sleep with a satin scarf or satin pillow case (cotton removes moisture from hair). Place a satin scarf under caps and hats during the colder months.
You Tube, curlynikki.com, and the various blogs will be good sources for styling ideas
These few things will help get you started.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum