CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethiopian woman bashes black women.

+31
yahoosbingos
dajewel
DaButterflyBAP
MissyCee
rayray19
Tiffy2
Humblebug
Jazzyrin
BajanPrincess82
DreamMerchant
MelMelBee
Karyn
Ambitious_Tiff
deeply_rooted_chick
tpayne22
Lakeisha
Music8192
NikG20
naturallychelsea
krys419
QuirkyCurly
Duchess52
bpjedi
kim
raina
amyleia
meepmeep1101
Nali1987
creolebeauty1
omgitsaj
Emartini04
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ethiopian woman bashes black women.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ethiopian woman bashes black women.

Post by bpjedi 4th February 2011, 4:49 am

You've gotta love how she keeps throwing out percentages like she has some bibliography of statistical data to back it up... when really, she's just pulling it out of her ignorant head.
bpjedi
bpjedi

Back to top Go down

Ethiopian woman bashes black women.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ethiopian woman bashes black women.

Post by kim 4th February 2011, 8:24 am

@creolebeauty1 lol that woman just looking for YT fame and glory. I am in Japan have been here for a bit and trust me in a few years the wont be so short because lots of the kids are tall because they love the hormone filled foods like everyone else lol. I didn't come here to find a man let alone a husband and being here has cemented it in my mind that I aint interested in men whose culture are so foreign to mine.
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 4th February 2011, 11:04 am

OMG!!!

I only watched part of the vid..and the flames were coming out my nose and ears....so to speak...

She is soo full of herself...this is SAD This woman needs help.....no...she is beyond help. She doesn't know what she's talking about...she thinks she does.
It's this kind of human being that brings hatred into some people's heart and mind.

I can't get over it.....talking about some people being ignorant!!![/b][b]
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 4th February 2011, 2:00 pm

I didn't watch the video because I basically saw a lot of video responses so I know the bulk of what she was talking about. She is VERY ignorant and she clearly doesn't know what she's talking about.

But I have to say, I think this woman stays on the internet TOO much!! Lol
She pays too much attention for these little statistics and feeds into them like a lot of people do.

Asian men/Black Women relationships are not as common as she thinks. There are tons of AMBW videos on YouTube and thats probably where she got the idea from. Not to mention all the facebook pages and websites dedicated to AMBW dating.

Asian men are the most De-sexualized race of men, and black women are the worst portrayed in the media as being too "masculine" or ghetto. So I could understand why maybe Black and Asian's are starting to get together.

Me personally, I'm attracted to all races. I'm fascinated by culture and I'm also always looking for something "different".
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 4th February 2011, 2:07 pm

@NaturalSinceBirth, I totally agree with your last statement. Attraction to me is not some thing based on race or color, and I too am fascinated by cultures:)

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 4th February 2011, 2:31 pm

omgitsaj wrote:@NaturalSinceBirth, I totally agree with your last statement. Attraction to me is not some thing based on race or color, and I too am fascinated by cultures:)

Smile

I just wish it was easier for us black women to date interracially. It seems harder for us to do so than black men.
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 4th February 2011, 2:38 pm

I find it easier to date interracially for me at least. Black guys, well the ones I know are turned off by my interests and we basically have nothing in common. I've been told I'm not "hood" enough to be in a relationship with a black guy, whatever that means haha. I'm just me, take it or leave it.

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 4th February 2011, 2:43 pm

omgitsaj wrote:I find it easier to date interracially for me at least. Black guys, well the ones I know are turned off by my interests and we basically have nothing in common. I've been told I'm not "hood" enough to be in a relationship with a black guy, whatever that means haha. I'm just me, take it or leave it.

I know that's right!! Lol same here nothing in common, i'm simply just not "black" enough for them.
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 4th February 2011, 2:52 pm

Not black enough, too black, acting white; thats the problem with labels, we try to put people into categories instead of getting to know them personally. Its just messy.

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 4th February 2011, 4:17 pm

I date outside of my race more often than none lol but i also think you can be exposed to culture without dating that particular person lol , it's kinda of weird to say but i have yet to see an Asian man that i found attractive , actually i'm lying i met this Asian guy once at this underground club he was tall (big deal for me ) and cute but as we spoke i found out he was Asian and black so .. idk i really don't like feeling that way because i would be hurt if anyone said they weren't attracted or didn't find black women attractive but than again they are entitled to their preference and so am i ... lol i love manly looking men hahah
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 4th February 2011, 4:35 pm

LOL Im laughing sooo much

I actually agree with her on some points. She is 100% right when she says people who are not black american have a bad view of black americans.

im Jamaican/Cuban/Panamanian and all my Jamaican family and all jamaicans i know have a negative view on Black Americans.

but not NORMAL ones. Just the hood ghetto ones. She was really ignorant and stupid in the way she said things. She should have said "some" or the stereotype of black women.

And she is 100% right about Asians because every Asian I am friends with has a negative view of blacks and really horrible stereotypes that i have to tell them what it is.

And this woman was really psycho when she is saying black women want to cling onto Asian culture. i think she should have been saying that about the white people who are obsessed with Asian culture. She's dumb.

Like some of her points are true but she lacks the common sense to know what is fact and fiction. For her to say Black women go to China to teachbut really find a man is STUPID....lmao She is crazy. She sys MOST so many times.

I can just imagine her talking with her Asian man about how low class black women are and if she has kids telling her stay away from Black people..

"Listen KimLee, over 50% of black women are not good women! Do not play with Monifa!"
Oh the ignorance

But to be REAL I do not know of any ALL black neighborhood that is great. To be honest. Maybe we should think about that.

****And she is dumb to feel confused why her friend was upset!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you see another video of her (she has since blurred her face hahah) she says she was raised in a white area. All white and when she did see a black person she would feel disgusted with it. She is really a sad individual. But I see now why she feels the way she does. Make sure you put your children in mixed schoold or you will end up with prejudiced children like dis bish. She said she did not think she was black for years. So basically she is raised by white people. I think she is a racist white with panted black skin. ahahahhaha cat

Last edited by krys315 on 4th February 2011, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th February 2011, 4:44 pm

I simply had to add my input.

Sometimes I thank God that I am young and have not been scarred like those who went before me because I harbor no ill feelings towards any race etc. I would like to think that I see people not race.

Also I am glad that I was not raised in America and rather the Caribbean because it seems to me that the racial divide there is huge. In the Caribbean no one cares. Yh there is the occasional light skinned girl who thinks she is better than the rest or the occasional white joke but we are so diverse there really is no problem. White people are everywhere there and no one cares if you date them, at least in my country St. Lucia. In fact there is a whole race of people in the Caribbean which are a mix of East Indians and black (think really dark skin and long black hair)

I really do not understand why in this day and age there is so much uproar over IR relationships. Seriously that guy on the link amyleia posted has tons of vids on it and speaks of correspondences that he has with other youtubers. Plus it was that vid he did on who's dating whom which caused that women to create her vid to add her input. I honestly believe that the Rosa Parks and Martin Luthers are rolling in their graves over our behavior. They fought so hard for equality and to break down the barriers and yet here we are seeking to keep them up. When will we learn to stop being so divisive. There is no genetic difference with races. Race is a social construct so who cares if the man I choose happens to be white or blue for that matter.

My parents always taught me that it doesn't matter who I marry as long as he loves and respects me. So when the time comes to choose the man whom I would like to marry I hope and pray that I see what is on the inside and not the amount of melanin he has or the lack thereof.

Persons should marry for love and everyone is entitled to like what they like however what I hate is when persons try to justify their decisions by bashing and stereotyping others e.g I don't date black women because they are loud or I do not date black men because they are uneducated. Also I get ticked off when people go into IR relationships for shallow reasons like wanting kids with 'good hair' or a woman who won't wear a weave Suspect like seriously?

If people date outside of their race they are not sell outs. For the most part they are people who have decided to defy societal norms and not give a rats behind about what others think and go after who they love. They are not unlike us choosing to wear our hair natural despite what others might say.

Sorry for the rant Embarassed
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 4th February 2011, 5:40 pm

I stopped after the 15th Umm. Neutral
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 4th February 2011, 7:51 pm

LMAOOOOO Laughing I had to laugh when i saw that video. But I could say I'm not surprised she said those things. SOME not all, that are outside of the "Black American" race believe or feel that they are better than black Americans. And of course she would make the typical stereotypes about black american women. It's really a lose lose because people refuse to learn anything. People refuse be open minded. Can't get upset but it is sad because people think we ALL are like this. And it's so not true.

Last edited by Music8192 on 5th February 2011, 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakeisha 4th February 2011, 8:11 pm

Let's be real. If the color of your skin is black. The world see you as a black person no matter where you are from!
Lakeisha
Lakeisha

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 4th February 2011, 8:35 pm

Seriously I couldn't watch all of that because I am super HOT right now!
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 4th February 2011, 8:44 pm

Music8192 wrote:LMAOOOOO Laughing I had to laugh when i saw that video. But I could say I'm not surprised she said those things. People that are outside of the "Black American" race believe they are better than black Americans. And of course she would make the typical stereotypes about black american women. It's really a lose lose because people refuse to learn anything. People refuse be open minded. Can't get upset but it is sad because people think we ALL are like this. And it's so not true.

(It's late and my english isn't that great right now. Lol, I hope my point comes across) I'm sure you didn't mean that the way it sounded and we both know not everyone that isn't black american thinks that. I think that a lot of different people (including myself) are guilty of prejudice, including some black americans. I've read a lot of derogatory remarks from some Black Americans when talking about Africans or Caribbean (Jamaican, Haitian, etc) people. So she's Ethopian and she looks down on African Americans but just the same you'll find an African American DJ saying that a lot of Haitian women have aids. Or that wearing your hair a certain way makes you look "African". So yeah, I don't think we should point fingers. No one is exempt from prejudice.

Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 4th February 2011, 8:58 pm

No one is exempt of course but at the same time being aware is half the battle and assessing those thoughts when they cross your mind. We don't live in a bubble BUT if you choose to broadcast something that derogatory than handle the backlash of it. Just because we all might have a prejudice and are sometimes unconsciously susceptible to it doesn't make it right and above reproach or a backlash because it is wrong, even if everyone is doing it.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 4th February 2011, 9:04 pm

tpayne22 wrote:No one is exempt of course but at the same time being aware is half the battle and assessing those thoughts when they cross your mind. We don't live in a bubble BUT if you choose to broadcast something that derogatory than handle the backlash of it. Just because we all might have a prejudice and are sometimes unconsciously susceptible to it doesn't make it right and above reproach or a backlash because it is wrong, even if everyone is doing it.

Obviously it's wrong, but that's one individual spewing nonsense. But we should be careful not to to the same thing this lady is doing, generalizing based on prejudices.

Last edited by Nali1987 on 5th February 2011, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 4th February 2011, 9:15 pm

Unfortunately, I see more than one person spewing nonsense. She was just bold enough to broadcast it. I wasn't referring to the ladies comment. I was referring to the fact thatwe all have our prejudices but just simply saying that even though we all have them doesn't make it less negative thats all. I am sure you agree. I just hear that response from people to so many things as a way to negate the outlandish thing that someone said to i guess lessen the blow of their comment.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 4th February 2011, 9:21 pm

tpayne22 wrote:Unfortunately, I see more than one person spewing nonsense. She was just bold enough to broadcast it. I wasn't referring to the ladies comment. I was referring to the fact thatwe all have our prejudices but just simply saying that even though we all have them doesn't make it less negative thats all. I am sure you agree. I just hear that response from people to so many things as a way to negate the outlandish thing that someone said to i guess lessen the blow of their comment.

Nope, I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th February 2011, 9:24 pm

Emartini04 wrote:She's a black woman who is insecure about being black. That's what the problem really is. She thought she would get props from her white and asian friends by doing this video when she really looks like an @ss.

I dont see how putting down black women have to do with getting praise from other races. Have you ever been to Africa? They call us American black women "white" because we are nothing like them. Our ancestory may trace back to them but that is pretty far back and we have no knowledge of them like they have no knowledge of us.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 4th February 2011, 9:39 pm

How are we in a worse condition than in the civil rights movement? : /
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th February 2011, 9:59 pm

I'm putting her on my prayer list. She she said some stuff in response to someone else's video without putting any thought into it whatsoever. Too bad she doesn't realize the rest of the world is probably looking at her as one of the "Black Americans" that she is looking down on. I'm sure no one sees "good" black or "bad" black. Whether you are claiming Jamaican, Haitian, Somalian, "African American", "regular" black, "Caublasian", or whatever (Lol) at the end of the day we're just BLACK to everyone else. I don't even really care to comment on the rest of the nonsense b/c its just that. A bunch of nonsense. Rolling Eyes
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 5th February 2011, 12:16 am

Nali1987 wrote:
Music8192 wrote:LMAOOOOO Laughing I had to laugh when i saw that video. But I could say I'm not surprised she said those things. People that are outside of the "Black American" race believe they are better than black Americans. And of course she would make the typical stereotypes about black american women. It's really a lose lose because people refuse to learn anything. People refuse be open minded. Can't get upset but it is sad because people think we ALL are like this. And it's so not true.

(It's late and my english isn't that great right now. Lol, I hope my point comes across) I'm sure you didn't mean that the way it sounded and we both know not everyone that isn't black american thinks that. I think that a lot of different people (including myself) are guilty of prejudice, including some black americans. I've read a lot of derogatory remarks from some Black Americans when talking about Africans or Caribbean (Jamaican, Haitian, etc) people. So she's Ethopian and she looks down on African Americans but just the same you'll find an African American DJ saying that a lot of Haitian women have aids. Or that wearing your hair a certain way makes you look "African". So yeah, I don't think we should point fingers. No one is exempt from prejudice.

YESS I reworded that so wrong.. I need to go edit Shocked...
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next