CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty?

+2
DeltaAce2006
mokacoffey
6 posters

Go down

Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty? Empty Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty?

Post by mokacoffey 3rd February 2011, 10:24 pm

So.. my scalp & hair has been feeling dirty lately. I was doing okay for the past few months by only washing & styling twice a week or so. Now, my hair feels product heavy and my scalp is kinda itchy. I just washed my hair last night, though;-( I understand that maybe I can use less product. I have been wearing twist n curls so I use: A leave-in condish, oil to seal, styling aid or butter & shea butter on the ends! Now that I'm writing this down.. It sure seems like a bunch. Sheesh!
Anyway, what can I do to make sure my scalp gets clean without scratching the heck out it while washing? Sure feels good though! Thanks!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty? Empty Re: Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty?

Post by DeltaAce2006 4th February 2011, 12:49 am

hmmm...u might need to clarify to remove product buildup. i just use a cheap one..Suave Clarifying shampoo. i try to clarify about once a mth or so. and i know w/ my hair, the fewer products, the better. it could be a mind thing, but it seems like after i clarify, my hair seems "curlier" like its been relieved from all the weight of product buildup lol.

Hth
DeltaAce2006
DeltaAce2006

Back to top Go down

Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty? Empty Re: Why does my scalp & hair feel dirty?

Post by ChardaeD 4th February 2011, 1:26 am

I agree that you might need to clarify. I don't have any clarifying shampoos, but what I have done is a baking soda rinse with my SLS free shampoo, followed by an ACV rinse. Then, I deep condition. The other curlies may have a different way of doing it, but my scalp doesn't itch after that!
ChardaeD
ChardaeD

http://girlnotondeadline.blgospot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 4th February 2011, 3:14 am

what they said i used suave clarifying shampoo this week end and followed with an overnight deep conditioner that my leave in my hair feels GREAT Smile i used the Suave clarifying shampoo i was chocked i did not get no tangles or knots this time
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th February 2011, 12:03 pm

mokacoffey wrote:So.. my scalp & hair has been feeling dirty lately. I was doing okay for the past few months by only washing & styling twice a week or so. Now, my hair feels product heavy and my scalp is kinda itchy. I just washed my hair last night, though;-( I understand that maybe I can use less product. I have been wearing twist n curls so I use: A leave-in condish, oil to seal, styling aid or butter & shea butter on the ends! Now that I'm writing this down.. It sure seems like a bunch. Sheesh!
Anyway, what can I do to make sure my scalp gets clean without scratching the heck out it while washing? Sure feels good though! Thanks!

What product are you using to cleanse your scalp & hair?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 4th February 2011, 4:20 pm

@ FalconTress: I use lots of stuff cause I'm trying to use up my ridiculous stash. I think the other night I used a shampoo by Terax and then the Lustrasilk conditioner w/ carrot oil... I prolly do need to clarify. I just wanted to make sure my hair had enough moisture since it snowing and super cold here in Texas. Maybe went overboard. I'll look into the ACV too.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by yahoosbingos 7th February 2011, 12:04 pm

When you put a lot of heat to the hair, it burns really dry out your hair and a short period of time, but after that it gets greasy quickly, because there is no heat to your hair

yahoosbingos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down