CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process

2 posters

Go down

Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process Empty Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process

Post by msbox1984 3rd February 2011, 12:07 am

Hey ladies!

So I just ordered my first henna kit today from butters-n-bars (really excited!).

I was examining my hair today and noticed that I'm due for a trim, but I was wondering if I should to a trim before the henna process or afterward? Would either way make a difference? What do you ladies think?

Thanks in advance!

(1 month transitioning off of a texturizer)
(chin length 4a hair, 1B)
Cool
msbox1984
msbox1984

http://www.blogger.com/profile/04755186744575694181

Back to top Go down

Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process Empty Re: Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process

Post by ajsimmons8 3rd February 2011, 6:44 pm

Hi msbox, Welcome to the journey of becoming a henna-head flower I don't think it would make a difference either way.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process Empty Re: Trim Hair Before or After Henna Process

Post by msbox1984 3rd February 2011, 7:02 pm

Hi ajsimmons8,

I just came back from getting my hair chopped [it was dramatic Shocked ] by a natural hair stylist that was recommended to me by a friend.

She [the stylist] suggested that I do trim before the process. She explained to me that even though Henna strengthens the hair, split ends are still a "loss cause" and that a henna treatment can't save them. After she showed me some of my split ends [about 2-3 inches long + single stand knots] I agreed and chopped off about 3-4 inches of hair.

So I actually like the way my hair is now [my new hair is in the avatar pic]. No more breakage/damage. Now I'm just waiting for my henna to arrive in the mail!

:-)
msbox1984
msbox1984

http://www.blogger.com/profile/04755186744575694181

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down