CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cocoa Butter in Hair

3 posters

Go down

Cocoa Butter in Hair Empty Cocoa Butter in Hair

Post by babe20042004 2nd February 2011, 5:59 am

Can I use cocoa butter in my hair mixed up together with some coconut oil and olive oil? Can I use it like I do shea butter? What are the differences between the two? Anxious to put that nice smelling stuff in my hair. It's pure cocoa butter.
babe20042004
babe20042004

Back to top Go down

Cocoa Butter in Hair Empty Re: Cocoa Butter in Hair

Post by Madeaj 2nd February 2011, 1:35 pm

I use it all the time. My hair likes cocoa butter better than shea. I mixed it with jojoba, coconut, Smart Balance blend, aloe vera butter, vitamin e, and castor oil. I am about to make another batch tonight. I use in on body and hair.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 3rd February 2011, 12:12 am

Madeaj wrote:I use it all the time. My hair likes cocoa butter better than shea. I mixed it with jojoba, coconut, Smart Balance blend, aloe vera butter, vitamin e, and castor oil. I am about to make another batch tonight. I use in on body and hair.
Hi ! what is Smart Balance Blend ? I have a big hard block of cocoa butter that I purchased from coastal scents I thought it would be the texture of shea butter but it is sooo hard I have to chip off pieces with a knife and melt it to use it Rolling Eyes ! I have mixed it with shea, evco,and it made a nice butter !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 3rd February 2011, 12:55 am

Hi its cooking oil. Very Happy Smart Balance It's got a lot of good stuff.

Cocoa Butter in Hair Nutrition_oil_omega

We know about the good in olive oil and vitamin E, but canola and soya bean oil are good for the skin and hair. inside and out. Very Happy I really like the feel it gives my butters.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 8th February 2011, 3:30 am

I thought it was the spread but was not sure. That's cool Cool and when I think of it it's no different than the other edible oils I put in my hair. So kicking my self for not picking up a tub from trader joes tonight Mad !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 8th February 2011, 8:56 pm

This one is the oil in the bottle next to other cooking oils. Not the butter or crisco substitute. Those usually have additives like salt, artificial colors and other things for flavor. We don't need those in our hair.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down