Dry Hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dry Hair

Post by jessbrisc on 1st February 2011, 4:19 am

I just big chopped and hair is extremely dry and brittle in some parts. I have this small patch in the back of my head that is really dry and brittle with no curl pattern. The rest of my head has some type of curl pattern. Where should I start with my regimen, or what can I do to rid myself of the dryness?

jessbrisc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dry Hair

Post by meepmeep1101 on 1st February 2011, 5:03 am

Get a really good conditioner. I suggest Mill Creek Keratin conditioner only if your hair is not protein sensitive. This conditioner makes ur hair super soft and strong. also make sure you are sealing your hair with an oil after you have washed it.

And you can check out this link for products: http://www.curlynikki.com/2010/09/curlynikki-approved-recommended.html
meepmeep1101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney on 1st February 2011, 6:35 am

Congratulations on your BC!

Most people who chop experience varying degrees of dryness. The solution to this is to get as much moisture in your hair as possible. Deep condition as much as possible. If your hair is a twa and you have the time, you can do it every day. If your hair is longer you can try baggying, spritzing, and weekly DCing.

I'm sure it will feel less dry as time goes on. Good luck!
wyldhoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 on 1st February 2011, 11:15 am

Like meepmeep said, a good conditioner. I recommnd a good leave in, as well. (Some Ladies swear by kimmaytube's leave in.) I use whatever leave in, I can find, and just seal it in with a great moisturizer 9Qhemet Biologics has a great one) and then an oil.
Nali1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 on 1st February 2011, 12:57 pm

I agree with the ladies here You have to moisturize moisturize moisturize Wkly DC & maybe even using a leave in conditioner I like Jane Carter leaving in I also use a spray bottle w/water aloe vera juice & an essential oil It has helped my alot
Sebastain13

View user profile http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by jessbrisc on 1st February 2011, 2:48 pm

Thanksss so much for the advice! I wanted to dc for the first week just so I could get my hair softer, but I was being told that it was too much for my hair. I am so excited to start on this journey!

jessbrisc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top