CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

+53
funkyhairchic
Kea::curls
Hurricane Curly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
freckledmom4
kekesmom29
iri9109
coilykinks
mizcreativelyme
kim
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
KeetaRay
Nikcoils
j. kinky
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Umph
KeAnia
jaybella
AfrikanLatina
ladybug
MomnWife
Miss CurlyT
Fleur
krazy coils
FalconTress
TheRYL1
summerbreeze76
Lynnieluve
Keisha
Freestyles
tamtam7
NubieNatty
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
MissyCee
MsJay1121
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
kalisha cherise
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
SisterBoyd
thetiffany
DvaAuNaturel
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
misskris
57 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by LaToya28 27th December 2010, 11:45 pm

That red and green makeup is gorgeous! Wow!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th December 2010, 5:21 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:ok I still say wear it up somehow so you don't have to worry about it when you are shaning your grove thang!
Yeah, I will wear it up. I am thinking of making big pin curls, still not sure. I may experiment in the next couple of days.
MissyCee wrote:Wear the black..... And a nice updo would work for shaking like Sweet said. Hope you enjoy!!! Are you going to L'Enfant? I've been a few years, very nice....
No, MC, we are going to a party held in a hotel in Crystal City. I heard it advertised on 93.9 WKYS a couple of days ago. I was Rolling Eyes because I can imagine the type of crowd we will have. I am going to roll with it and make the best of it.

LaToya28 wrote:That red and green makeup is gorgeous! Wow!!
Thank you!

====================================================================

Last night I pre-pooed with brahmi oil and detangled with it in my hair. After it marinated for more than an hour under a plastic cap and satin cap, I rinsed it with warm water and cleansed with Hairveda's Amala Cream. Oh wait, I used Giovanni Reconstructor Conditioner (in red bottle) as a light protein treatment. I left it on for five minutes or so. It was now time to apply my kalpi tone (ayurvedic powder with amla, maka, shikakai & a host of other herbs). I mixed it with warm water and about a tablespoon Giovanni's 50-50 Moisturizing conditioner. When I added the conditioner, the consistency of the mix changed--it became grainy. Steamed after sitting with the mix on my hair for about 30 minutes. It was not too difficult to remove the mix. My hair did not feel as I hoped it would. It was quite tangly. I know this is from my different lengths and different textures but I know there are products that work well to combat both issues.

This was even after applying a watery mix of YTC to help rid hair of mix. I did this to kind of reup the moisture. I think the problem was I overcleansed.

To style, I used DB's Hibiscus Honey Banana (something like that) LI. Over top, I used a mix of castor and jojoba oils. I slept in six twists on two flour sacks covering my satin pilllowcase and towel.

My hair was about 60% dry this morning. To moisturize further, I applied Afroveda's Curl Define. I spritzed my hair a bit and applied Pur Whipped Gelly. My hair is a little hard. I will likely co-wash it tonight and just use a leave in and the Curl Define. I may use a curl cream to help style. We shall see.

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 5:54 pm

Oh yeah, that should be a bumping crowd. You need to wear something SEXY!!!!! It will be bringing in the New Year!!!! Hope you post pics and enjoy!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th December 2010, 6:23 pm

MissyCee wrote:Oh yeah, that should be a bumping crowd. You need to wear something SEXY!!!!! It will be bringing in the New Year!!!! Hope you post pics and enjoy!!
I am shopping my closet so I will see what I can do, lol.

================================================================

Product descriptions are from Hairveda.com.

--Amala Cream Rinse-Gentle Hair & Body Cleanser!
Amala Cream Rinse is a Creamy Hair & Body shampoo which lightly removes dirt & oils. ACR is formulated with all natural lemon & orange oils and specifically designed to clean tresses. ACR is also great for those with sensitive skin types. Give your hair and body a light cleanse with our unique formula.

REVIEW:
I have used the cream rinse a few times. I like it. My hair feels clean yet not stripped or hard. I typically use natural products so this works great.

--Whipped Cream 3 in1 Ends Hydration, Leave In & Moisturizer
We took out all the wax and replaced it with Rich and creamy unrefined Shea Butter!
Not too heavy, not too light! Whipped Cream has Just the right amount of moisture and oils to give you moisturized ends.

Whipped (Baggy) Cream was originally formulated to work with the baggie method. However our customers reported that they use it for roller setting, wash-and-go styles, sleek ponytails, and as a leave in conditioner.

Just a dime size amount will do! It softens your new growth, adds unbelievable shine and gives new life to your hair! Your ends will love HairVeda's Signature Whipped Cream. Product may settle. Just shake well before use.

REVIEW:
I am not sure if the one I purchased has shea. If so, it may be the reason why a little goes a long way for me. This was used with the whipped gelly on my WnGs this past summer. I like it.

--Whipped Clouds- Rich Whipped & Fluffy Shea Blend for Body& Hair!
Our Whipped Clouds is an amazing combination of Aloe Vera and refined African Shea Butter. Our butter blend is amazingly hydrating to the body and hair. The African Shea used in our formula is whipped with great care.
[center]Our special Shea mix is the fluffiest blend you'll ever find! This butter contains no preservatives or harsh chemicals. Whipped Clouds provides the quench natural hair craves. Give it a try! Whipped for you by hand! It’s the creamiest blend you'll encounter. Treat your skin. Quench your hair! Apply to dry hair.

REVIEW:
This stuff smells divine, OMGoodness. I used it on dry hair and let's just say it did my hair right. My hair is finicky when it comes to shea but this mix is a winner for Grace!

--Whipped Gelly- The Revolutionary Hair Gel!
Whipped Gelly is a light holding gel without the harsh alcohol and flakiness. We crafted this gel to give you a soft hold & add moisture at the same time!

Throw away the brown gel! We have something a little better. We make our gel with Pure Aloe Vera Gel, Vegetable Derived Humectants & rich Avocado oil. Whipped Gelly adds a soft, mild hold to your hair. Expect an increse of wave definition & curl pattern for type 3 & 4 hair types.

Whipped Gelly helps defines curls and waves for natural hair & newgrowth. This product adds sleekness to relaxed hair.

REVIEW:
The product did what it claimed. My only concern is the amount of product I had to use. When I WnG, I do so every three or so days. The container I purchased did not last long Neutral . It is now offered in a 1-lb container.

--Vatika Frosting-Enhanced Coconut with a Sweet Twist!

Vatika in Hindu means garden. In India, coconut oil is widely used in Ayurveda health remedies. This special blend of coconut oil, henna, lemon & Amla provides natural nourishment to your hair.

The blend gives the hair body and radiance, taking care of the critical balance of nutrients. Our pure coconut oil is blended with henna and Amla with lemon to strengthen each strand of hair from within.

When used 1 day before washing, Vatika Frosting provides a protective coating promoting shine and health. A scalp massage with Vatika Frosting also promotes hair growth. To maintain the oil and moisture balance of your hair, remember to do a conditioning treatment with oil at least three times a week.

REVIEW:
This smells so good. It almost makes me want to try to eat it. I love sweet smells. I used it to pre-poo and to seal my ends. I liked it in both applications. If it hardens a bit, it will melt quickly when rubbed in your hands. A little goes a long way.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2010, 2:52 pm

My hair feels uggggh. I think it was a mixture of all the products and oils after DCing. I am going to have to cleanse it tonight. I will use my Curl Junkie, Blended Beauty or Koils by Nature cleansers. Will likely use a thick heavy conditioner to ensure it is well moisturized--thinking Yes to Cucumbers or CJ's Deep Fix.

I will mix my leave in using aloe vera gel and oils, not add the oils after applying the leave in.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th December 2010, 11:25 am

hey chrs, i'm playing catch up on your thread. my jaw dropped when i saw that fishtail. man, you have me ready to go to the bss and get myself a pony so i can replicate that!

use the cj deep fix! i'm still loving that stuff!!! sometimes it's good to go back to old favorites. i did that the other day (with my curls products) and am thanking myself for it!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2010, 1:01 pm

Happy New Year ...

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2010, 5:34 pm

enjoy your party!! happy new year!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th December 2010, 8:25 pm

Have a safe and Happy New Year's!! I hope you have a great time at the party.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st December 2010, 12:50 am

Chrs! Hello! Hi! Catching up on threads after being gone for a few weeks. Your hair looks phenomenal as always! The buns, the braids, I mean, I could go on and on!

Thanks for the reviews on the afroveda. While I don't order much online I might give some of that stuff a try!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2011, 1:03 pm

@Dva, thanks!
@ps, yes, Afroveda's butters are great! They are moisturizing and smell good.

Here are a couple of pictures from NYE.
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 2 Img_0283
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 2 Img_0284
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 2 Img_0285
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 2 Nye_ou10
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 2nd January 2011, 1:16 pm

Awww now Get it Mrs Chrs !!! Looking good Lady !!
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2011, 1:21 pm

FAB!!! work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd January 2011, 2:59 pm

Heeeeeey Jennifer Huds-i mean chrs!! u need to email me your workout reggie and diet tips on eatin habits. u look amazing Shocked

love the fishtail and the reviews cuz i always wanted to try the amla rinse but the whipped clouds...mmm yes its magic and i had to request a super size in an 8 oz! i can never be without the vatika frosting and cocasta!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd January 2011, 3:21 pm

You look gud girl. Look at all that hair! I know you had a blast! Happy New years
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 2nd January 2011, 3:56 pm

ALL that hair! Nice pics. Happy New Year!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 2nd January 2011, 6:54 pm

Work it diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 2nd January 2011, 7:00 pm

Don't hurt nobody DIVA! queen
You look fab! Love the hair, makeup, dress, and those heels are BAD! cheers
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 2nd January 2011, 8:39 pm

flawless from head to toe... you looked amazing missy
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd January 2011, 9:05 pm

Nice pics. You do look absolutely fab.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2011, 10:21 pm

You look AMAZING Chrs!!!! Keep doing what you are doing!!! I bet Hubby kept you close to him all night!! Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 2nd January 2011, 10:47 pm

You look really pretty. Weightloss still happening. Work it gurl!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd January 2011, 10:49 pm

What they said: YOU LOOK GREAT, CHRS! cheers

Happy New Year!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 3rd January 2011, 1:09 am

Everything they said!

The only thing missing is a close-up of what I know is a fab makeup combination.
Of course as soon as I add that comment, the larger view of the pics comes up. I was right the make-up is fab!

Last edited by FalconTress on 3rd January 2011, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add comment)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd January 2011, 11:35 am

Simply beautiful!!! Hope you enjoyed bringing in the New Year!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next