CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 28 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 2:45 pm

Thanks for the prayers I love you

I saw some argan oil on Amazon for $28 for 3.38 oz. It was organic virgin cold pressed. You have to be careful that it doesn't say "argan oil treatment." Those aren't pure argan oil.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 24th March 2011, 3:22 pm

Ok....i am @ work...forgive me for the late reply.

@ Tiff...thank god i put some twist extensions in so i won't be trying any new products Laughing

@ Butterfly... will definitely say a special pray for you. *Fingers cross* and i totally understand what you mean about the kids. I have a four year old and as much as he drives me crazy...I will give the world.

I saw some Argan oil on one of those shopping channel and i totaly missed it....it was like $45.00...not sure the amount, but one day soon.

So I have my first Meetup on Saturday.... really excited and a little bit nervous, but gonna have a lot of fun bounce
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 3:34 pm

That's awesome, Ladybird! I passed up our meetup here in Vegas because it was being held so far away from where I live. I'm just not a driver, especially if I go by myself, and especially if its late in the day. I don't usually mind going if someone else is driving. So maybe next time. i hope you have a blast!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 5:12 pm

Ladybird that should be fun! I really enjoyed my first one!

Butterfly
What did your book say about cutting your hair? I am thinking about cutting off some hair in a few inconspicuous places just to see what my hair looks like... Looking at just the hair in my kitchen isn't enough anymore, lol!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 5:44 pm

Hahaha...I'm sorry, Tiff, the day I was supposed to look in the book for you was the day I found out about the house and went to go see it right after work, and then filled out the application... And ever since then I've been a bundle of nerves. I'll look today.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 5:52 pm

Aaaww, bless your heart. Stay encouraged and pray. We never know what God has in store for us.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th March 2011, 7:02 pm

Hello all!!! Tiff that was funny!!! Butterfly, I hope you get the house. Sounds like it's perfect. And you know you gonna have to spill about he living with mom story.......Can't bring it up and not tell all......

Ladybird, I thought before that a routine was uilt, I followed and my hair got better. i also believe the castor oil and massaging stimulated the scalp which is needed and help my edges come back, which I didn't know were missing, they just showed up and kept growing, and my hair got thicker. And I do mean thicker. I will try to get a pic of the beginnig of the challenge and the end and post so you all can see.

I myself, bc'd in August and we started the challenge in December so, I was struggling with dryness and crunchiness before I started this challege and I think I've learned a lot from the boards and especially my new friends here on this page. Valuable information and I tried a lot of things I would have never tried.

On the argon oil, I saw some today at Bed Bath and Beyond, about 4 different brands ranging from 4.99 to 12.99 in prices. I willbe switching to something lighter for the warmer months. Not sure what yet. I do have grapeseed oil and almond oil and I was thinking jojoba oil. Umm not sure. I plan to switch over the beginning of next month. Does castor oil last a few months? I won't touch it again until September at least.

Whooo this is long.... guess I had a lot to say!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 7:28 pm

@Tiff, thanks, and you are right about that. I have faith.

@MissyCee, alright, alright...I will "spill" but not right now...hahaha!

Looks like we all got something out of this challenge. We need to figure out if we're going to do another one or what.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 24th March 2011, 8:04 pm

Hey MisyCee... I agree. I love a good story. So I'll be watching and waiting. bounce

@Tiff... why don't you cut one side and leave the other to see....J/K Laughing .It sounds like you are driving yourself crazy with those two textures.

Hey Missycee, i am going to sneak in Bed and Bath and just "LOOK". I swear I am not buying anything. Suspect

How about we do a NO BUY ANYTHING ELSE challenge and use what we already have and make it work. There is one going one but i think it is almost over.

We can share and compare

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 8:17 pm

Okay, well, it's not a good story, it's a sad story as I mentioned before...anyway, we ended up at Mom's house because in 08 my husband had to go to California for medical reasons (best doctor was there at the time) and he was there for about 2 years coming home to visit once a month. He's fine now. Anywho, we rented the place we were in when he left based on two incomes, well, suddenly there was one, and although I finished the lease, I couldn't do it anymore so when the lease was up, me and the kids moved in with Mom. Well, now hubby is all better and came back home (to Mom's house) this past October, and as y'all know, the job market is horrible, he's collecting unemployment, and we finally are in a position to move.

There is a lesson here, though. Although my husband is a hard worker and a very generous man, everything I do now is based on one income...mine...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 24th March 2011, 8:28 pm

Hey Butterfly...sometimes life throws us more than we can handle, but we always persevere, that is just part of life right.

Thank God your husband is doing much better and you hung in there and do what you had to do for your family. We all go through challenges( and i am not talking about Castor Oil Laughing ), that is what makes us stronger, better and sometimes smarter.

Good to know things are looking up for you guys and it will continue to get better.

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 8:34 pm

@MissyCee
I'm not sure how long it really lasts. I say store it in a cool dry place and check on it periodically.

@Ladybird
What I think I might do is just cut a bit more out of the kitchen and some right behind my ear. Places no one will really notice. Lol, I can't think of a cute way to cut half so I think I will just skip that idea. A "No Products" Challenge sounds good. I need to at least try it. Can I re up first...?

@Butterfly125
I'm glad your boosky is better. I feel you on relying on one income though. If you make plans based on one, I feel you definitely are more secure when you do have two.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th March 2011, 10:05 pm

Awww, thanks for sharing Butterfly. I am glad things are working out and I really hope the house thing comes through. You really deserve it!!!

Tiff, I need to reup also. I need a new oil????? Since that is really all I will be using with my twists in .

Ladybird, I didnt buy anthing, you can hold out also. I actually went in to get those advertised mats that go outside the tub to dryyour feet. I ddi get them with a discount, I had the sale paper with me. They are cool.. I wandered through the whole store and that's all I bought, well I did get a applicator bottle for my oils finally, 99cents!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 11:54 pm

Thanks, ladies!!! You are some awesome women, and I'm so glad I joined this group I love you . And you are right, ladygogo, I am definitely smarter for the experience...hahaha.

Okay, on products, I absolutely have to buy some SMDT because it is the only DT I use, and I'm running low. Like Tiff talked about earlier, I am now trying to find those items that are my mainstay products, trying to get that consistency. So far Shea Moisture is the only DT I like, as well as Eco Styler for my gel. I really like Curls pomade for my edges and frizzies or fly-aways I spot, but I think I want to try Oyin's sugar pomade. Do any of you use that?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th March 2011, 12:34 pm

I have never tried Oyin products. Right now I am basically sticking to things I can get on the ground. Lol, honestly I don't think a pomade would do my hair much good.

Tiny, Tiny Hair Update
I just want to show you guys what I did...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That is just a little plug in the back that I wet with H2O and "shingled" with AVG. I snipped and that's what I got. I just couldn't resist. Very Happy My "good" hair is longer in some areas, but I chose to cut from an inconspicuous area.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th March 2011, 12:39 pm

Oh yeah just thought of something else. Butterfly you can have mine if you want it. I hate the smell and don't want to mess it up by adding something to it. I only used it once and its still pretty much full. If you want it, its yours.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 25th March 2011, 12:46 pm

cheers PROGRESS...... hey tiff just a little more Laughing

@butterfly..sorry never used Oyin's sugar pomade.

So will we be starting our No BUY Challenge on April 1st for 6 Months.

You better stuck up ladies....NO EXCUSES....hehehehe
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th March 2011, 1:10 pm

Hey, Tiff, your little curls are cute!! Are you talking about the SMDT Masque? If so, yes, I want it! I love it...and I love the smell. I mix it with honey for my DT.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th March 2011, 2:00 pm

@Ladybird
Lol, man after the little excitement from cutting that, I'm scared I will stroke out when I bc. Laughing

@Butterfly
Yep, the one from Target in the yellowish jar. That is exactly what I am talking about. Inbox me your mailing address and I will put it in the mail ASAP. Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNaturelle 25th March 2011, 3:22 pm

6 months?!? affraid i better stock up this weekend!

oh, hi! lol
NewlyNaturelle
NewlyNaturelle

http://naturellev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th March 2011, 3:45 pm

Hi, NewlyNaturelle!

Thanks, Tiff!!! bounce I will do that right now.

Ladybird, 6 months, huh?! Whew...okay, I'll be ready...lol. Are you going to start the new NO BUY challenge on the 1st? You know, 'cause we need to let this thread go...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th March 2011, 3:45 pm

Oh, I almost forgot...I GOT THE HOUSE!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th March 2011, 4:03 pm

YAY!! woot! woot! woot! woot! Congrats on becoming queen of you own castle! queen When y'all moving?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 25th March 2011, 4:07 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:YAY!! woot! woot! woot! woot! Congrats on becoming queen of you own castle! queen When y'all moving?

woot! dance woot! dance woot! woot! woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! woot! woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! dance woot! woot! dance

THE KIDS: run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run

CONGRATS...... Surprised
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th March 2011, 4:10 pm

Hahahahaha....LMBO!!! You guys are sooooo cute! Thank you! We are going to start moving on Friday 4/1 and finish on Saturday because of work and school on Friday.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next