CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 27 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by CarlaAR 22nd March 2011, 4:40 pm

Thanks guys! I wish I could be as brave as some of the other ladies that have TWA. Very Happy I only had one stint of shorter hair back in the '90s with the trendy "Halle Berry haircut". That didn't last long because I started to grow it back out after a few months of spending $60 every other week to get my hair done because the nape grew out so fast and I wanted my hair tight. LOL!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 22nd March 2011, 4:49 pm

When I get home, Tiff, I'll look at it and let you know. It talks about where to cut on the curl, how to hold it, how to hold the scissors, etc.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 22nd March 2011, 10:53 pm

hey guys!!!! do you all know about the new forums???? get to it!!! http://m.curlynikki.forumotion.com/ An email sent to me said that we will no longer be able to post in the old forums but I don't know when that will take effect. So come on over and repost if you'd like so more people know. I guess Nikki will announce it at some point if she hasn't already. Hope you all are well.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 23rd March 2011, 3:07 am

I will go over there now!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 23rd March 2011, 11:52 am

Thanks MissKris!!! Will follow.......... Hey ladies!!! Wink
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 23rd March 2011, 12:21 pm

Just check it out...not getting through.

will try again in a little while
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 23rd March 2011, 1:00 pm

Yes, I cant get to the actual forums either...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd March 2011, 4:39 pm

Ummmm, yeah, it said my user name and password were wrong confused
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 23rd March 2011, 4:42 pm

I just read what Niki had to say and she said it is not quite ready yet, so I'll wait.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd March 2011, 4:47 pm

Okay, I was able to get my password reset so I can log on. We'll see.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 23rd March 2011, 4:55 pm

So i guess we all have to move over to communicate.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd March 2011, 4:59 pm

Yeah, I guess so. I was able to get in, and Misskris is already over there on the castor oil challenge. Man, she's on it!! LOL...So wait, the forum is going to be separate from the web site????
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 23rd March 2011, 5:01 pm

hehehhe@ MisKris...yeah she is on it!!!!

I am going to try and see if i can get it in.

Did you use your same user name and PW?
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd March 2011, 6:34 pm

Nikki has not officially launched to the new forum yet. There are still some kinks that need to be worked out. She will post on the blog when it is ready. Here is a link to a message she left on another thread

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t10432p25-new-curlynikki-forums

Scroll down about midway the page
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd March 2011, 6:49 pm

Thank you, Lynnieluve!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 23rd March 2011, 7:55 pm

Yeah thanks Lynnie!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 12:34 pm

Hello...? o o o o... Hello...? o o o o <---echo, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 12:55 pm

Funny, Tiff...LOL...what's up? I'm here. I have no hair updates, though Rolling Eyes
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 24th March 2011, 1:00 pm

hey guys... yeah i am here too..... but nothing happening. No more challenge, but still oiling

But I have a question for you all.

Did we really have any improvements/change with this CO challenge? I mean do you guys think our hair would of been any different if we kept on doing what we were doing BEFORE we started the CO challenge?

Or we actually made progress.

Le me know your thoughts on this.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 1:13 pm

Yeah, Ladybird, I thought the same thing a while back. I mean because there's really no way of telling for me because I was newly natural when I started the challenged (heck, I BC'd during our challenge) and everything I was doing was new.

What I mean is if you had been dealing with your hair as it is now for a long time before the challenge and then you added the CO, you may be able to recognize a change in your growth rate. For me, it was at the beginning so as far as I know I may have gotten this great growth just because I had completely changed the way I took care of my hair -- no more heat styling, no more combing, no more shampoo...
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 1:47 pm

LOL! I was just checking. Hhhmm... Idk if my hair has benefited solely from the use of Castor oil. I.e. idk if that is all I can say was responsible for the increase in growth. I will say that the challenge helped me start creating a regimen and stick to it. When I started the challenge, I was just starting my transition and didn't know much about taking care of my hair at all. I have noticed that I have had no dandruff or dry scalp issues when using CO so that to me is something I contribute solely to the oil. Lol, I think if I was still doing what I was doing before the challenge my hair would not be in as good shape. Lol, shoot. I might still be using grease!
Hair Update
I had a little break down last night. I am paying extra care to moisturize my hair this week to avoid any adverse effects from the protein treatment I dida few days ago. Up until the other night I was co-washing with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition condish. The last time I used it I noticed the bottle was feeling kinda low so I kinda went and bought some Yes To Cucumbers just in case I ran out of conditioner before moving... At least that's the story I am going with, lol. Well, I went on a mini spree. I went to Sally's to get more perm rods (I got pink this time) and I bought some Elasta QP Setting Foam (heard good things about it and its cheaper than Jane Carter's), and re upped on my Aphogee leave in, I swooped in WalGreens for the YTC and some shears to trim splits & SSK'S, and hit Bruster's for ice cream. I was so excited about trying the TYC that I opened the bottle before I got home. Specifically, I busted it open in the drive thru at Bruster's. While I was waiting at the drive up window for my ice cream I took a few long whiffs. Idk why but I always have to smell stuff. Anywho, when I looked up to see where the girl that took my payment was I could not help but laugh. She had obviously been watching me sniff the condish for a few minutes. I was too tickled! I didn't stop laughing til half way home.

Anywho, I did go ahead and use it to co wash. I couldn't wait. I love the consistency of it. Its a little thicker and not as slidey as the GFTN. The GFTN wins out on the smell factor though. I see what all the craze is about. Detangling was stupid easy! I wet my hair a little in the shower then spread it thru my hair. I am delighted that I didn't have to use very much to get the job done. (I use a substantial about of the latter) Usually I let the water do most of my detangling because I feel like I do more damage than good when using my hands right off. With the YTC I was able to slide my hands thru pretty early on with no problem. My hair is very soft today. I definitely think this one is a keeper.
cheers
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 24th March 2011, 2:01 pm

Yeah. I think what this Challenge did for me is kept me focus or not letting me forget what i had to do, not only with CO but with hair care on the whole.

I think in combination with everything else, it did help and i have no regrets and certainly will do it again. This hair care thing can be a bit complicated @times and even frustrating @times, but if we want healthy hair that is the price we have to pay Laughing

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 2:05 pm

Tiff, girl, you are too much lol! That's okay, I like good-smelling stuff too for my hair. I agree with you guys, too, that the challenge did help me establish a routine and focus on consistent care for my hair.

Did you see the article on the home page about argan oil? Dang, now I'm going to have to buy the 100% pure and just spend the money. Oh, and now YTC...thanks, Tiff.

Okay, I need you guys' prayers...I found a house (rental) for me and my fam. We've been living in Mom's living room since November 09....Yep, you read right...2009!! Long sad story, won't bore you with the details. Anyway, I found this beautiful house in the area we want to live, big house (every bedroom has a walk-in closet), for a fantastic monthly price. The kids are in love with it. I turned in the app yesterday so I'm just waiting to hear the word Razz .
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th March 2011, 2:10 pm

Oh, me and my husband love it, too, but the kids' happiness and comfort is most important to me. I think my hubby just wants to get off his mother-in-law's couch, and I just want to be the "mom" in my own house. You know how it can be with too many chiefs...lol!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 2:19 pm

@Ladybird
Amen to that. I am thinking I want to continue using it and maybe just cut it with another oil to lighten it up a little. I need to become more consisten on what products I use. I think my regimen in itself is fine but I never use the same products/product combos. I wonder how this will effect my hair in the long run... I do have a few "staples" but there's no guarantee they will get used every time I do my hair, lol.

@Butterfly125
That's awesome! I really hope you guys get it! I know how it is looking for a place! Walk in closets in every room? Baby, I'd be in love too! lol! I will add that to my daily prayer for you. I did see that article! I have been thinking about trying it anyway since you said you liked it so much, lol! I really trust y'all's opinions. How much does the 100% run?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next