CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 10:27 pm

@ Ladygogohot....we're all hanging in there I think!!! lol So far so good on my end at least. I oiled my hair yesterday and will again tomorrow after my workout.
afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 18th January 2011, 10:31 pm

Good to see everyone doing well. Can some one remind me again when is the challenge suppose to end? also how long have we been going @ it.

Thanks!!!
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 10:41 pm

We said til the end of Winter and so far its been just over a month!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 18th January 2011, 10:57 pm

Thanks Mis Kris ...just lost count there for a moment.

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 11:05 pm

I understand how that can happen. LOL no prob!! We're due for our next length check at the end of the month. What we did last time was have the whole week though of the beginning of the month to post growth on here. We know everyone's schedules can get hectic!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 11:40 pm

Misskris, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you...lol. I just love how your personality comes through in your post Smile.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 11:54 pm

Hehehe!!!! I try!!!! LOL I'm just bein me!! geek
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th January 2011, 2:10 pm

Hey gals!!!!

Went to the gym this morning with my son for the first time, he did ok up until the very end. Right was I started my stretching after my workout the girl from the kids room came out and i heard crying in the background....I asked " is that mine??" and she said yeah. So at least I had gotten my good workout in before he started cuttin up!!!! LOL It was a good workout too. So anyway, I came home, co washed with my Giovanni Smooth as Silk and let it stay in while I showered. Then I castor oiled my scalp (I added more rosemary and tea tree oils just for the hell of it!!) and then used my YesTo Cucumbers to moisturize and jojoba oil to seal. While doing my twists, I realized that for some reason I had not been sealing my hair like I was before. So I am glad I did it today. I did it like last week with some shea butter but not since then!!!! No Bad, I know!!

But anyway, just wanted to check in. TTYL! afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 19th January 2011, 2:28 pm

That's good, Misskris. I wish I could go to the gym in the morning, but I'm grateful to be coming to work instead. Did you stretch when you got home?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th January 2011, 2:51 pm

No I actually strecthed outside the car once I got him buckled in!! LOL So it wasn't a long stretch but I may stretch later. I am a bit sore from my workout yesterday with Jackie Warner. My back muscles are sore but not bothersome. That's a good thing though, when muscles are sore. That means you're doing it right!!! LOL
woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 19th January 2011, 7:27 pm

Hey all!!! Quiet today????? I'm just tired..... My son, 20 , was in the er last night. I didn't get home until 5am!!! Yeah, he's ok, stomach flu, but lots of pain and meds. He's sleeping now as a matter of fact....wish I were. I have an outline and a paper due tomorrow.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 19th January 2011, 7:40 pm

Oh, my goodness, MissyCee, I'm glad your son is doing better. I remember the days of outlines and papers due...I feel your pain. Really I can't wait to get back into school, but right now finances will not allow.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th January 2011, 8:49 pm

Hey MissyCee. Glad your son is ok. Hope he feels better soon. Yeah, I remember those paper days too...DON'T miss em!!! LOL Good luck. study
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 19th January 2011, 9:55 pm

Here is my update. I am still applying castor oil, especially to the strands I had to cut. I forgot to measure and did not think about it until I was all twisted up. Sorry. I will be apply castor oil through the entire winter. Plus I am also doing the black tea rinse. I am 8 weeks post partum and shedding is definitely happening.

Here are two pics. I have been rocking twists for two weeks and then wash/condish/twist again

lopsided shrunken Frederick Douglas
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4 day old twist
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 19th January 2011, 11:13 pm

Misscee, I am glad that your son is doing okay. I pray that he feels better soon. Lots of fluid!! I also know about those papers.. Mad
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 20th January 2011, 11:52 am

Thanks all. He should be better now with momma's smothering.

The papers and outlines???? Geez!!!! I'll get over it. I guess.

Thinice, WOW!!! You have a lot of hair!!! Great job. 8 weeks huh? What you have?
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 20th January 2011, 5:58 pm

Anyone else having an itchy scalp with the jbco?? I been scratching all in my head for the past few days! My sister says that means it's growing. Idk about all that, but soon as I get home for the night, I go to town itching my head! I think it must be the jbco cuz thats all that's on my scalp. I use the knot today leave in and olive oil on the length, but not scalp.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th January 2011, 6:53 pm

Hey Berry. All I can say is that I have hardly any itching any more using the regular castor oil. I have never used the JBCO so I can't speak on that. Maybe you should switch to the regular castor oil. LOL @ your sister saying it means that your hair is growing!!! Hey, I never heard that before either but ya never know!!!! That's what they say when your skin starts to itch while working out - that your burning the fat!!!! LOL I'll believe that one so maybe the hair one is true too!!!! lol!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th January 2011, 7:59 pm

Hey ladies!! Just dropping in for a quick update. I will be doing hair tonight. Prepoo with coconut and EVOO, cowash, and oil scalp with Castor oil. I have gotten myself in a bit of a pickle from thinking so much. So I am gonna lay off the other products until I get more answers. I posted my conundrum(s) I the general forum. I will be getting my ps done after the next length check so I am anxious. Y'all know I will post pics as soon as I am able.

@MissKris
I am proud of you getting your workout on!

@Berry3674
I have not recieved my JBCO yet so I am not sure why your scalp is itching. That would be a funny way to tell if its growing though. Can't say that I am having this problem with the regular Castor oil.

@Thinice
Your lopsided fro is cute. It has character! For those twists to be 4 days old, they look mighty fresh. Keep it up girlie!

@MissyCee
I'm glad to hear you were able to smother you son back to health. Very Happy Lol, I know how the stomach flu sux. I lost a lot of weight when I had that... Hhhmm... Don't even get me started on homework. I have several pages of reading to do still and I try to outline every chapter I read (helps me get the material down), a quiz next Thursday, a test on 1/25, and 3 journals entries to write for this week. I feel I am forgetting something but there's still the weekend, lol. I had to write an in class essay on yesterday. Took me longer than I though so I'm nervous. How many hours are you taking?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 20th January 2011, 8:01 pm

LOL...I don't know about that, but I wouldn't mind if both of those were true. I use JBCO and my scalp never itches. Sorry Sad I don't have an an answer for you.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th January 2011, 8:15 pm

Hey Tiff. Thanks girl. I'm tryin!!! And so far so good!!! I'm down 9.7 lbs!!!!! YAY!!! Hopefully it will be more by Sunday's weight check for the challenge!!
Keep at it with you school work. I'm sure you'll get it all done. And don't you hate when you think you're forgetting something??? lol If you are forgetting hopefully you'll remember in time!!!
study
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th January 2011, 8:26 pm

LOL! IKR!! I bought a planner but I forget to write in it sometimes. I get scared about that. I am trying to be more proactive in keeping up with it. It does help though. I also have a desk calendar. i try so hard to stay organized. You're almost down 10 lbs!! That's a huge deal!! woot!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th January 2011, 8:37 pm

Thanks girl. I still have about 30-35 more to go. I'm giving myself til July 27 to get to my goal. That's my wedding anniversary. We most likely won't do anything but go out but still. But that gives me a whole 6 months more to get to my goal. I should be able to get there before then.... woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 20th January 2011, 9:27 pm

You'll get there, Msskris, 'cause you are doin it!!! Tiff, I have a planner, but I also put everything in my phone, my bills, dr. appointments, kids' school stuff, meetings for work, hair appointments, movies I want to see, hair products I want to buy, websites and email addresses...EVERYTHING...lol. That's why I can't wait to get a new phone.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th January 2011, 9:46 pm

@MissKris
That's good that you gave yourself a while. I am giving myself until my birthday (July) to lose 40 lbs.

@Butterfly125
Wow, you really do put everything. Movies you WANT to see? That's a good one. I always forget about them. I don't exclusively put them in my phone b/c if it malfunctions I am lost.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next