Smelly smelly smelly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Jo Somebody on 25th January 2011, 12:49 am

Soooooo... I bought me some cardamom infused pure Neem Oil because I saw it on sale on Renaissance Henna and it is supposed to be really good for itchy scalp and dandruff. I was warned about the smell. Everything I read about Neem mentioned the smell. I nonchalantly wondered how bad the smell could be before I opened the bottle...

OH.

MY.

WORD!

Shocked

The smell!!!!!! Wheeeeeew! I gagged in shock and horror! I almost cried! I was tempted to call 999 and hand myself in to the police for what evil I had unleashed. pale

Evil or Very Mad

Crying or Very sad

No

affraid

Neutral

Anyway, I got over it.

I gave myself a good scalp massage with it and it felt really nice, but then again I love oil scalp massages. Mmmmm! Afterwards I shampooed, smelt my hair, shampooed again in panic, used my conditioner, used another condition that had a stronger scent (VO5 strawberrys and cream something), I drowned my hair in QB AOHC, I covered with Vatika coconut oil, I used deoderant, I sprayed myself with my Bodyshop vanilla mist head to toe, I covered my hair in a scarf and sprayed that with the mist, I wore a hat on top of the scarf and sprayed that with the mist, I sprayed air freshener around the room, I used bleach in the bathroom, I made a curry in the kitchen... and all I can still smell is the damn Neem oil! I swear it's infused its scent into my soul! My soul, ladies! Mad

So, just a warning. If you're going to use this oil, underestimate the threat. Buy yourself a small island first and go there to test it out. Best believe this sh*t smells! And don't try and cover the smell with another smell, the Neem oil will be victorious. And don't waste your shampoo trying to wash it out. Skip straight to calling an exorcist.

Don't say I didn't tell you! silent
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by LoveZaporiah on 25th January 2011, 12:54 am

lmao. oh wow.
avatar
LoveZaporiah

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-10-31
Age : 29
Location : Lakewood, Wa

View user profile http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by mahoganytresses on 25th January 2011, 12:59 am

this post had me rolling lol! Thanks for the detailed and graphic warning. You sure cured my PJism... well only when it comes to neem oil!
avatar
mahoganytresses

Posts : 135
Join date : 2010-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Lynnieluve on 25th January 2011, 1:17 am

lol!

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 39
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Guest on 25th January 2011, 1:26 am

now, it can't posssibly be all that bad!!! hee hee Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 25th January 2011, 1:35 am

*scratches Neem Oil off 'To Buy' list*

lol
avatar
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Anchorage, AK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by LadyMika on 25th January 2011, 3:17 am

This sounds like something *I* would've said!! lol! Well, looks like I won't be buying any Neem oil! Laughing
avatar
LadyMika

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 34
Location : Woodside, NY

View user profile http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by krazy coils on 25th January 2011, 9:32 am

LOL, and I thought Amla oil was bad. Neem oil sounds worse!
avatar
krazy coils

Posts : 2224
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 42
Location : Lawrenceville, GA

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, http://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Madeaj on 25th January 2011, 10:48 am

lol

Neem oil is strong. But you can still get benefits from it by using it at 5% in other preparations. I would not use it at more than 10% and never alone. No A lot of the stronger smelling oils are better used at low percentages and mixed in with other carrier oils.
avatar
Madeaj

Posts : 372
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Raleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Loving me on 25th January 2011, 11:26 am

oh dayum! lmao
avatar
Loving me

Posts : 116
Join date : 2010-01-07
Age : 38
Location : Bronx New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by BlondeByDesire on 25th January 2011, 11:36 am

lol!
avatar
BlondeByDesire

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 48
Location : Charlotte, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Lotusfairie on 25th January 2011, 12:03 pm

omg, lol!!
avatar
Lotusfairie

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-01-07
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Jo Somebody on 25th January 2011, 12:33 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention - when showering, some of that nonsense went in my mouth, tastes NASTY, but not as bad as it smells. However, I had an upset tummy this morning and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I can confirm though, Neem oil = smells worse than toilet mess! affraid

And some bad news, my scalp still feels good. Oh no! What if that damn oil works?? Would I use it again? Dilemma, dilemma...

Here's the link (number 23) if I've inspired anyone to try it. Razz http://www.renaissancehenna.com/renaissance-henna.aspx?page=productlist


Last edited by Jo Somebody on 25th January 2011, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Jo Somebody on 25th January 2011, 12:39 pm

Madeaj wrote:lol

Neem oil is strong. But you can still get benefits from it by using it at 5% in other preparations. I would not use it at more than 10% and never alone. No A lot of the stronger smelling oils are better used at low percentages and mixed in with other carrier oils.

Do you use it? If so, how, mixed with what? The website said they guaranteed no/reduced dandruff after 3 weeks. I've had the dandruff problem all my life, I dunno what to dooooooo! I can't imagine mixing it with anything that will stay in my hair...
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Madeaj on 25th January 2011, 1:29 pm

Jo Somebody wrote:
Madeaj wrote:lol

Neem oil is strong. But you can still get benefits from it by using it at 5% in other preparations. I would not use it at more than 10% and never alone. No A lot of the stronger smelling oils are better used at low percentages and mixed in with other carrier oils.

Do you use it? If so, how, mixed with what? The website said they guaranteed no/reduced dandruff after 3 weeks. I've had the dandruff problem all my life, I dunno what to dooooooo! I can't imagine mixing it with anything that will stay in my hair...

I haven't used it in a while, I used it for dandruff when I was relaxed. I put a drop or two in about 2 oz of Smart Balance blended oil and 1/2 oz olive oil to pretreat my scalp before shampoo. I put the oil mix on my scalp, massaged it in and put conditioner on my hair, wrapped my head in a warm wet towel for a heat treat and than washed my hair.

Here is a link to more information Neem Oil
avatar
Madeaj

Posts : 372
Join date : 2010-09-16
Location : Raleigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 25th January 2011, 1:52 pm

Mandi'sGoneCurly! wrote:*scratches Neem Oil off 'To Buy' list*

lol

AND DID! LMAO!! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but your post was HIL-AR-IOUS!!!!!
avatar
Ambitious_Tiff

Posts : 974
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 31
Location : Montgomery, AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by fanmnatirel on 25th January 2011, 2:43 pm

lmao!!!! i almost passed out laughing...

Yeah...that thing smells horrible....i used it once and that was it...i thought i was going to cut my head off....lawd...NEVER AGAIN....
avatar
fanmnatirel

Posts : 359
Join date : 2010-01-09
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Jo Somebody on 25th January 2011, 3:00 pm

Madeaj wrote:
Jo Somebody wrote:
Madeaj wrote:lol

Neem oil is strong. But you can still get benefits from it by using it at 5% in other preparations. I would not use it at more than 10% and never alone. No A lot of the stronger smelling oils are better used at low percentages and mixed in with other carrier oils.

Do you use it? If so, how, mixed with what? The website said they guaranteed no/reduced dandruff after 3 weeks. I've had the dandruff problem all my life, I dunno what to dooooooo! I can't imagine mixing it with anything that will stay in my hair...

I haven't used it in a while, I used it for dandruff when I was relaxed. I put a drop or two in about 2 oz of Smart Balance blended oil and 1/2 oz olive oil to pretreat my scalp before shampoo. I put the oil mix on my scalp, massaged it in and put conditioner on my hair, wrapped my head in a warm wet towel for a heat treat and than washed my hair.

Here is a link to more information Neem Oil

Oh, that sounds so much better! I think I'd better make up a new bottle of oils though, in case it goes wrong and still smells! I want to finally sort out the dandruff, but I'd rather use a less potent method and take longer than be confined indoors because of my stinkiness.

Thanks!
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by naturallynola on 25th January 2011, 10:33 pm

Your description was PRICELESS. I laughed until I cried!

Here's an alternative, you can use the powder and mix with some of the other herbs. Also, there is an herb that has a nice fragrant odor, Kapoor Kachli.

naturallynola

Posts : 902
Join date : 2010-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by freckledmom4 on 25th January 2011, 11:11 pm

Your post was HILARIOUS and true!
avatar
freckledmom4

Posts : 905
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 40
Location : Newport News, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by atangledmess on 26th January 2011, 12:37 am

Hey Joe, I recently bought pure neem oil. The man & lady in the Indian store where I bought it warned me about the smell. Now I have neem nail oil, which doesn't have a smell. Baby, when I opened that pure joint up, it smelled like strong peanuts, onions, & garlic. As the smell dies down, it smells more like onions, which was making me hungry for a burger and I haven't eaten one in a minute. Anywho, I also use the oil on my skin to help with dryness. In the morning, I use Alma/brahmi oil, which has a nice smell, shea butter or ms. Jessie cream. I must have a different one or my sinsus' are really acting up. Sorry the smell was intolerable for you. I'm hoping I see some results in my hair, scalp, & toes.



atangledmess

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by embracingbeautiful on 26th January 2011, 12:46 am

Joe S...Now that was funny! I needed that laugh!
avatar
embracingbeautiful

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 39
Location : Beaumont, Tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Phenomenise on 26th January 2011, 4:59 am

PRICELESS!!!
avatar
Phenomenise

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-01-18
Age : 30
Location : Boston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Jo Somebody on 26th January 2011, 12:06 pm

atangledmess wrote:Hey Joe, I recently bought pure neem oil. The man & lady in the Indian store where I bought it warned me about the smell. Now I have neem nail oil, which doesn't have a smell. Baby, when I opened that pure joint up, it smelled like strong peanuts, onions, & garlic. As the smell dies down, it smells more like onions, which was making me hungry for a burger and I haven't eaten one in a minute. Anywho, I also use the oil on my skin to help with dryness. In the morning, I use Alma/brahmi oil, which has a nice smell, shea butter or ms. Jessie cream. I must have a different one or my sinsus' are really acting up. Sorry the smell was intolerable for you. I'm hoping I see some results in my hair, scalp, & toes.



Hmm, I don't know how to describe the smell of my oil! Certainly doesn't make me want to eat anything and did NOT die down. Maybe it's the cardamom seeds in it? I don't know what those smell like normally.

I have dry skin, but the oil in its current state is going no where near it! I'm going to try diluting it with other oils. :-)
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries on 26th January 2011, 1:04 pm

Lmaaaaaaaaaaaao. Hilarious. I'm sensitive to smells so I'll be sitting this one out.
avatar
Juices-n-Berries

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 31
Location : Houston, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly smelly smelly!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum