CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE HELP

2 posters

Go down

PLEASE HELP  Empty PLEASE HELP

Post by blkbeauty2010 25th January 2011, 12:15 am

So... Im thinking about coloring my hair and wanted to do all that I can to protect it, but im not sure what order to do the following or how long to wait between each process. Currently my hair is very healthy (as far as i can tell anyway) but its dark and boring and henna is not giving me enough umph (if ya know what i mean). Im considering a burgundy-ish/mahogany-ish tint. This is what i was thinking let me know of any thoughts, experiences, and suggestions

Protein treatment to heal any unseen damage that is repairable. Spend two weeks giving Lexi Rae some TLC (moisture, protective styling)

Hair Color- burgundy-ish/mahogany-ish. Spend four weeks still giving Lexi Rae the TLC she needs but only out on Sat and Sun

Henna Treatment- Six weeks after protein treatment and resume monthly schedule from there.

I figured this would be the "right" order for processes and treatments but Im not too sure. When I was relaxed I used to do a semi permanent color treatment RIGHT AFTER THE BOX PERM (ikr) Embarassed
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP  Empty Re: PLEASE HELP

Post by Guest 25th January 2011, 12:21 am

idk what all u know about coloring hair or whatever of if you've done it before or whatever, but when u color ur hair, u should always make sure ur hair stays moisturized and if it isn't done properly ur hair can fall out (especially when u bleach) b/c bleach is harsh on hair (depending on how bright u want the color) just be careful ....i'm guessing ur using a box color, correct??

Back to top Go down

Post by DarlingCocoa 27th January 2011, 6:02 pm

I would say not to color it! I only say this because I colored my hair 9 months ago and I regret it. I thought that as long as I moisturized and conditioned regularly that I would be one of the few lucky ones but alas my curls still became dry and slightly brittle. keep your beautiful healthy curls the way they are because its not worth the trouble honestly
DarlingCocoa
DarlingCocoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum