Rihanna new hair style

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rihanna new hair style

Post by LadyMika on 21st January 2011, 11:59 am

Ronald McDonald? I was thinking Sideshow Bob. scratch I'm not feeling it either. It's one thing to be different, but there's a distinct difference between "being different" and being OUTRAGEOUS. This, is totally outrageous. Attention for attention sake, as one already put it (and AS IF she doesn't already have ENOUGH attention. Rolling Eyes).
LadyMika

View user profile http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur on 21st January 2011, 1:12 pm

Ronald McDonald as in similar color. Wink I clarified that she looks more like Slash more than anything. You can't even see her face!
Fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me on 21st January 2011, 1:15 pm

Not trying to tear the sister down but.....

That -Ish looks like a hot red mess. Sorry, just 'cause you can doesn't mean that you should...

Next!
Loving me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Ashley on 21st January 2011, 1:38 pm

JessiWantsCurls wrote:
The whole 'I don't care/good girl gone bad' routine that started during her Umbrella comeback has always seemed a bit forced and orchestrated to me.

Yeah I have the same feeling. Wishing she would get off that now.
Loving me wrote:Not trying to tear the sister down but.....

That -Ish looks like a hot red mess. Sorry, just 'cause you can doesn't mean that you should...

Next!

We should apply that to clothing as well!
Just Ashley

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/ashleyforachange/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika on 21st January 2011, 2:12 pm

fleur wrote:Ronald McDonald as in similar color. Wink I clarified that she looks more like Slash more than anything. You can't even see her face!

I know what you mean--she screams "clown" to me either way with that hair! lol! Seriously though, I agree with the whole "rebel" attitude being forced. If you're going to sell that image, do it without being blatantly obvious.
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur on 21st January 2011, 2:23 pm

LadyMika, you won't get one ounce of disagreement from me because I agree 100%. I have been following her for a while and she went from stylish and sleek to "Hey everybody! I slept in these clothes last night and I'm wearing them again today because I'm so retro and I don't care about anything". LOL.
Fleur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me on 21st January 2011, 2:25 pm

fleur wrote:LadyMika, you won't get one ounce of disagreement from me because I agree 100%. I have been following her for a while and she went from stylish and sleek to "Hey everybody! I slept in these clothes last night and I'm wearing them again today because I'm so retro and I don't care about anything". LOL.

LMAO!
the truth!
Loving me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit on 21st January 2011, 2:30 pm

Awww, I love it. The only think I would change is take out a few tracks! It's big and bold, I love the color, it's just a "little 2 big". I've had my hair damn close to that color b4 and I loved it! My hair was BIG b4 I went natural because I was texturized. I've head the side show bob comments, screw em!

I'm not sure if her bad girl image is forced, or she has just grown up (she was a child ladies). I love the new image, be a bad bitch! She's all tatt'd up now, so that can't just be for the job...
suqiit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 21st January 2011, 3:00 pm

fleur wrote:LadyMika, you won't get one ounce of disagreement from me because I agree 100%. I have been following her for a while and she went from stylish and sleek to "Hey everybody! I slept in these clothes last night and I'm wearing them again today because I'm so retro and I don't care about anything". LOL.

In my "church" voice - "Wellllllllll!"
CurlyChefRobin

View user profile http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika on 21st January 2011, 4:09 pm

suqiit wrote:Awww, I love it. The only think I would change is take out a few tracks! It's big and bold, I love the color, it's just a "little 2 big". I've had my hair damn close to that color b4 and I loved it! My hair was BIG b4 I went natural because I was texturized. I've head the side show bob comments, screw em!

I'm not sure if her bad girl image is forced, or she has just grown up (she was a child ladies). I love the new image, be a bad bitch! She's all tatt'd up now, so that can't just be for the job...

It's not very convincing though. Everything she's doing has ALREADY been done by someone else, long before she got popular and regardless of genre. She's doing nothing new, and the "bad girl" image is DEFINITELY nothing new. Just an old package being sold with a new face on the wrapping.

If she gets tattoos on the side, that's clearly her business but tattoos does not a bad girl make. But if she feels like she needs a tattoo to remind her to have a spine in the music industry, then more power to her. *shrugs*
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn on 21st January 2011, 8:48 pm

JessiWantsCurls wrote:Two thumbs down for me. Maybe for a contour ad or something ... but to actually function, nah.

The whole 'I don't care/good girl gone bad' routine that started during her Umbrella comeback has always seemed a bit forced and orchestrated to me.

100% agreed. she tries way too hard, but sorry ri-ri that crazy style you have doesn't distract me from your awful voice
Karyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne on 21st January 2011, 11:50 pm

...WTHeck?!?

Don't get me wrong...I love big hair...but everything in moderation. Are you sure that isn't a piece or something...?
Sunshyne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel on 22nd January 2011, 9:16 am

This is why I like it. Although the pic Ashley showed looks messy, I know this hair (wig) has possibilities. Check out this pic below. Gorgeous!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DvaAuNaturel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah on 22nd January 2011, 3:23 pm

Mm, looks a bit too "wiggy" for my taste.
(the original pic I mean)
queenshakirah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls on 22nd January 2011, 4:04 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:This is why I like it. Although the pic Ashley showed looks messy, I know this hair (wig) has possibilities. Check out this pic below. Gorgeous!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This one I don't mind so much. Janet rocked this color during her Velvet Rope PR and tour and it was hotness, then too. But that mess she had on in the first pic is just over the top foolishness.

I personally think she should be doing some modeling. The girls takes some of the fiercest shots in her promos and endorsement ads, I just can't get past her voice and lack of stage presence.
JessiWantsCurls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 on 22nd January 2011, 5:21 pm

It's big, it's red, and it's a MESS! I love big hair and the color in comparison to her skin tone is "Meh" at best but it would be more fierce and amazing if it were her own REAL hair. Correct me if I am wrong but when I saw this picture I got the feeling that she's aware of the "Natural" following and she's trying to one-up the sistahs by doing this "Muppet Monstrosity" of a do! Fail, fail, fail!
tashafawn24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 on 23rd January 2011, 5:55 pm

Good for tv but not for a 9-5.
Emartini04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird on 23rd January 2011, 8:28 pm

I kinda like it. :kanye shrug:
songbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25th January 2011, 12:45 am

uhhhh...she reminds me of one of those shag dogs and u wonder how the heck they see where they're going w/ their hair over their eyes.... *thumbs down* Suspect

Last edited by strawberri_slushee on 25th January 2011, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless on 25th January 2011, 3:37 am

jlowman1 wrote:
Mangos&Bananas wrote:Lol, well darn. Guess ill be the first to say I don't like it. Bwahahah @ sideshow bob. Y'all are silly! But eh, it just doesn't do it for it. I love big hair in all its glamour! But that just looks a little sloppy. Lol maybe the angle/pose? Idk.

Im with you on this one! I just dont like it. The fullness is wrong, the color is atrocious and can she really see, like seriously? The wig just doesnt look like it was made right or something, I dunno???

I will also say i am not feeling it all in the face like that and most regular people can not pull this off at a regular job. love funky hair but not this
priceless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee on 25th January 2011, 11:31 am

HOT!
Pretty_Vee

View user profile http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé on 25th January 2011, 10:18 pm

I love it! The color and and fullness work for her. Not everyone can pull this off. It has got to be so much fun to be in a place in your life where you can do what you want with your appearance. I would do some wild and crazy things if I could.
tiashaunteé

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 26th January 2011, 1:16 pm

It's too much for me. The hugeness+the color+the in the face factor=too much. She is a pop star, so I think it is ok for her to wear whatever, but can you imagine if you saw it in real life? Like in line at the grocery store? Hmmm...
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monite on 26th January 2011, 3:46 pm

I love Rihanna and new hair style. Wow Very Happy

monite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content