CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS

3 posters

Go down

Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS Empty Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS

Post by CourielleDiva 20th January 2011, 12:36 pm

Greetings to all my beautiful "Sistas"!

Since October 2010, I haven't had a relaxer. I decided to make this change because the last relaxer DAMAGED my hair, and I had to chop the damaged part off. Just an FYI, my hair is fine and soft (part creole (mom) & African American (Dad) So, my length is now below my ears (even cut obviously). I've been wearing weave clips for the past year in a half, and I think it's much better then sew-ins (caused my hair to thin out last time) & glue-ins. I rarely use heat on my real hair, unless I'm using a heat protecting spray. The product that I'm currently using is Mizani's Moisture Fuse shampoo & conditioner for moisture, Scalp Treatment - for flaky hair, Renew-Strength Shampoo - to stop breakage in the roots, and a Protein conditioner (for deep conditioning). I was told to go back & forth between washing my hair with protein one week and with moisturizing shampoo the next week.

Since, I'm in the transitioning phase I have some questions:

What is good shampoo or product to use during this transitional phase?
Is it okay to use weave clips (which are taken out every night) in my hair until the relax part grows out?
Is it safe to wrap the hair at night during this phase?
Is it ok to switch back in forth between Protein wash & moisture wash?

I appreciate your responses & suggestions!! Razz Razz Razz Razz
CourielleDiva
CourielleDiva

http://twitter.com/CourielleDiva

Back to top Go down

Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS Empty Re: Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th January 2011, 1:52 pm

Hey there!! Welcome to CN!! Its going to be really trial and error, I will say that off the bat. The biggest thing is listening to your hair. I don't actually usual shampoo often anymore b/c its drying and helps cause tangles. I recommend prepooing to help combat this. I personally use olive oil and coconut oil. I am not familiar with weave clips... I would avoid anything that could cause undue stress on the hair or doing the same style repetitively. I don't thing there is anything wrong with alternating between the 2 shampoos as long as your hair likes it. I think avoiding heat is a good thing. Its one less thing to have to be concerned with as far as causing more damage. Just make sure you include water based moisturizers in your routine. When wrapping your hair you may also want to avoid fine tooth combs and brushes. They can pull your hair out. Just be as gentle as possible with your hair! HTH!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS Empty Re: Ok, October 2010 was my LAST RELAXER...QUESTIONS

Post by Imgettingthere 20th January 2011, 5:07 pm

Well welcome to the club. I start my transitioning 18 months ago and recently got scissor happy and cut all my relaxer off!!

I'm not too sure about the weave clips. I dont know if they are straight hair or not. But I had a friend who did that and just straighten the pieces she had out. So if this is the case I strongly suggest you stop! Heat damage is a horrible thing to deal with BEACAUSE that piece your straightening out will be just as bad as relaxing it.

But about the products. Currently I'm using Taliah Waajid Black Earth products. You can find it in any beauty store and it pretty cheap. Also, you cannot go wrong with Miss Jessie's line of products. I have yet to use any product from her that i did not love. It's just a bit hard to find sometimes. Check your Target they might have it!

The only thing I have used that I really hated was Carol's Daughter. I know some swear by it but it makes my hair feel like leather!

Outside of those OILS and BUTTER. Olive,castor,coconut,jojoba,shea butter, and good leave-in and you'll be golden.

Hope that helped some.

afro dance afro
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down