PARENTS WHO WANT THEIR CHILDS HAIR NATURAL AND HEALTHY IN THE FUTURE

Go down

PARENTS WHO WANT THEIR CHILDS HAIR NATURAL AND HEALTHY IN THE FUTURE

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 17th January 2011, 12:08 pm

Hello everyone at the Curly Nikki form! I am a mother of a wonderful 8 month old baby boy. His father and I are determined to let his hair grow out natural afro . I know with a child so young in age there is little I can or should put in his hair, but my question is, is there anything I can do to start him out on the right path to healthy strong hair? He has kept all his hair since birth although he does have a little "bald" spot in the back (where his hair is slowly coming in, which my mother told me is normal for AA infants). But I am worried bc his hair does seem a little dry and it gets tangled, to aid with the tangles I finger comb it while wet. I dont want to wet his hair too much since we are in a cold area (VA) and I dont want him to get sick anymore than need be. Does anyone have tips on what I should be doing to his hair at this age? Any mothers who have dealt with this please reach out and give me some advice!

mrscoutrmmm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PARENTS WHO WANT THEIR CHILDS HAIR NATURAL AND HEALTHY IN THE FUTURE

Post by KandyLandKurls on 18th January 2011, 11:43 pm

Do you use a conditioner on his hair? I would search for a tear free shampoo and conditioner to use on his hair, or possibly a very light moisturizer to stop his hair from being dry. Just search for natural organic things, or you could try a little extra virgin coconut oil.
KandyLandKurls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 19th January 2011, 12:19 am

I know this is so bad but usually I use his baby bath to wash his hair. I know! I know! Dont judge me please, lol. I actually ordered some extra virgin coconut oil yesterday so I guess it will go for both of us. Lol. Do you think 8 months is to young for the oil? And what type of moisturizer do you recommend for such a young child. And Im going to check out your site. Thank you so much for the help. Could I use the just for me stuff for his hair?

mrscoutrmmm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KandyLandKurls on 19th January 2011, 10:49 am

Im not judging you lol.. Trust me, I've used everything under the sun lol. I dont think coconut is too young, its very healthy, I actually used Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my son when he was 3 months old. I used the Bee Mine Spritz on my son, its very light on his hair and I make sure not to get it on his eyes. I have never tried the just for me stuff, just make sure to check the ingredients, I hope this helps Smile
KandyLandKurls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 19th January 2011, 11:06 am

Lol, thanks for not judgng. Ok, I will def give these things a try. Thank you for your help!

mrscoutrmmm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jellybeanOH on 3rd February 2011, 6:37 pm

My baby boy is 10 months old and I have used the Johnson&Johnson shampoo/condition for curly hair, only because it's what I have.(shower gift) I am looking for a natual, tear free shampoo for him. I also use the Organics Olive Oil cream moisurizer on his hair and seal with EVCO. His dad wants to cut his hair soooo badly, but, I won't let him. I want my baby to have a beautiful head of natural hair and it is. I get lots of comments about my "nappy headed" little boy, but, when it's braided or when I do a braid out or twist out, everyone says how pretty his hair is. People will be people, and they will say what they will. I like my hair and I like my son's hair, and I'm learning that I don't care what other people think.
jellybeanOH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 3rd February 2011, 7:19 pm

Ive takne to washing Masons hair with the suave coconut as a cowash and putting casto oil in is hair. Also his hair does really well with olive oil which is crazy because it does nothing for my hair. He has a head full of hair though. Im still learning

mrscoutrmmm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme on 5th February 2011, 2:45 am

Great thread! Greetings all- I have a 1 week old baby girl and her hair is super straight/silky and thin. I am very cognizant of the products i use in my hair as i use minimal, organic products. my question is, at this age should i do the same w/ her? of course i have tons of J&J products (baby shower) that we've been using. Should i stop using that and treat her hair like it were mine- including applying oils?
gammainme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KandyLandKurls on 5th February 2011, 4:34 pm

Congrats on your baby!
I wouldn't use J&J on the hair, but I won't let a product go to waste. So I use it on my son's body, I love the baby lotion/wash scent! But I wouldn't treat a 1 week old hair the same as mine. I would just wash with a gentle tear free organic product, and add a very light organic moisturizer. Thats it, until she is older and her hair changes.
KandyLandKurls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 6th February 2011, 12:43 am

I gree Mason was born with bone straight hair and it wasnt until last month (hes 9 months now) I worried about what I should really put in his hair. Up until then I was using regular baby wash. I do add castor oil and coconut oil which is helping a great deal. I do "mini" twist outs, lol. But it was just twice bc he has a lovely curl pattern.

mrscoutrmmm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme on 20th February 2011, 12:49 pm

thank u ladies!
gammainme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 20th February 2011, 11:45 pm

Also shea moisture has baby shampoo. It works great! Its at target, works as a baby bath and hair wash. :-)

mrscoutrmmm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by girlsloveyourcurls on 24th February 2011, 12:18 pm

Hi ladies!

Great advice! During her first 2 years my daughter's hair slowly changed textures. It was bone straight for the first few months then it turned to a lose curl gradually changing until she was 2 years old when her hair was mostly beautiful tight 4a curls. For both my daughters I didn't apply shampoo directly to their hair, for the first year. I would just bathe them in a mild, tear free, natural baby wash and use the same water which was only mildly soapy, on their hair. When they got out I would use olive oil on their hair and body. As they got older I would dilute an all natural tear free shampoo before I applied it to their hair. I'm pregnant with my 3rd now and plan to do the same. Smile

Congratulations on your little ones!

Nadine.
girlsloveyourcurls

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/GirlsLoveYourCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down