CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

+44
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
Karyn
Cherry: extraordinary!
funkyhairchic
MrsSunshinz
BajanPrincess82
QuietButterfly
LadyMika
NhappyJackie
curlsunfurled
tamtam7
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
krazy coils
Nikcoils
wyldhoney
Hurricane Curly
BrownSkinDiva
priceless
thetiffany
rayray19
poeticlyspkng
freckledmom4
cyclingchick
SheeTacular
kinksncurls
mstokes2008
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
FemmeFox
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NubieNatty
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
48 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by freckledmom4 30th December 2010, 1:10 pm

Hi KHN,
How are you? It's been a looong time since I stopped by. I had like 4 pages to catch up on, but I'm glad that you had a good Christmas and that you are able to enjoy your boys at home. Penny is thriving with this twist challenge and you are so creative with the styles. I never thought of using QB AOHC for a post henna dc-thanks for the idea. Now I just have to wait for my BF order to get here!!!! I'm hennaing tonight again. I forgot to tell you that I stopped by your blog a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Now I have to check out your yt videos.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by freckledmom4 30th December 2010, 1:10 pm

Oh, and have a Happy New Year!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th December 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey FM4

I've missed you...I've got to get to your house today. I'm so behind because I've really been busy or rather unorganized!! LOL

A curly friend of mine tipped me off on the Heavy Cream as a post dc..when I say it worked like a charm!! I'm surprised you are still waiting on your BF order. However, one thing about Qhemet that I really like is...they don't take the money out of your account until they are ready to ship your order. That lets you know your order is on the way!!!

I'm so glad you like my blog, thank you for stopping by. I'm behind on my YT videos, but I will be uploading a couple tonight!!

The twist challenge is the best thing I could have done for Penny. I can really see the difference, and I have finally gotten adjusted to not doing my hair every 3 to 4 days. I've gone at the most 8 days before I co-washed or shampooed!! I'm trying to stretch it to 2 weeks...wish me luck!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by, and have a safe and blessed New Year!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th December 2010, 2:57 pm

Hey KNH,
Glad all is well with you. You'll have to tell me how you use the Moringa Ghee because I got some in a swap and really have no idea what to do with it. Have a Happy New Year!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st December 2010, 1:01 am

Hey KNH! How are you sis? I've been so busy lately that I have neglected my thread. After I catch up with many of you, I'm going to update my own thread! Glad to hear protective styling is working so well for you! Can't wait to see some pics!

Happy New Year to you too!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st December 2010, 12:58 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey KNH,
Glad all is well with you. You'll have to tell me how you use the Moringa Ghee because I got some in a swap and really have no idea what to do with it. Have a Happy New Year!

Hey Toya....I'm going to do a review on YT today...hope I can get it posted before I leave for church tonight. I kinda like it now... Very Happy Wishing you a great New Year as well!!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey KNH! How are you sis? I've been so busy lately that I have neglected my thread. After I catch up with many of you, I'm going to update my own thread! Glad to hear protective styling is working so well for you! Can't wait to see some pics!

Happy New Year to you too!

Girl I so understand busy. I plan to spend tomorrow while I'm cooking catching up on everyone's thread. I love your avatar!! Looking good hon!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd January 2011, 1:51 am

I hope everyone has enjoyed their New Year thus far...

No resolutions this year just keeping things healthy for a positive life style this year.

So having said that I must give you all a preview of how Penny is just thriving from the extra TLC I've been giving her the last 6 weeks as a result of my self-imposed Protective Style Challenge.

A good view of my henna results (no more grey YAY!!! for now..LOL)
KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1111

A few pictures from last night after church...twist out from 7 day flat twist updo....
KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1112
KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1113
KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1114

Now in the pictures above Penny looks a bit of frizz, (still have some ends I need to deal with, but I'm NOT going to touch my scissors...LOL) but let me tell you Penny was on point last night. I was checking out at the pharmacy counter in Walgreen's and there was a mirror behind the counter, and I didn't even recognize myself last night!! Shocked

Not sure about anyone else, but when I decided to go natural there was always a look I imagined that I would have that I didn't achieve when I did my big chop. You know...you see some curlies really rocking their natural hair..big puffs, fro's and awesome twists and twist-outs. Well....last night I felt I had accomplish the look I thought I would have at least 5 months ago. Yesterday was my 14 month natural anniversary.....and I was so proud to be naturally me!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 2nd January 2011, 3:35 am

wow im loving that twist out too!! and dance!!! Im glad you reached that look you always wanted..but trust me you always had it!!

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 2nd January 2011, 4:20 am

Happy New Year KNH!! Congrats on reaching that 14 month mark. I know that look you're talking about and you are definitely there! Penny looks great. I cannot wait until I have my dream hair.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 2nd January 2011, 4:00 pm

love your twist out!

ps- i havent forgotten about the twist challenge. my hair has stayed twisted except for 2-3 days twist out.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2011, 4:46 pm

dance for accomplishing the look you wanted! I know that must feel mighty good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd January 2011, 11:34 pm

Hey KNH! Happy New Year!

You look good! ;-) I feel you on the look you had in mind for yourself. Honestly, I have yet to reach that point. But, I'm here to stay...looking forward to when it gets how I want it!

I been checking out your blog...I really must participate, huh? Very Happy Gotta give Nubie & Crissy some comp for these giveaways! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 3rd January 2011, 1:34 am

so glad that you have reached your point of satisfaction with hair i have yet to get there. i will get there one day i will not give up. congrats on your 14 months. i had to play catch up and i really like your styles, the last twist out is sooooo cute.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd January 2011, 11:52 am

Penny is doing extremely well ... keep up the good work.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2011, 12:19 pm

Penny is looking good.....thick too. Congratulations on reaching your styling goal!! Oh and Congratulations on 14 months natural!! Keep up the good work.

I dont comment but I've been following your blog!! I need to go ahead and start one myself Wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th January 2011, 7:43 am

Hey KNH,
Happy New Year! Glad you had a great Christmas and enjoyed your time off. Penny is truly looking good. You can tell in the pic...your hair looks super moisturized and curls are really popping.

I haven't reorderd my Qhemet yet but I miss it. The AOHC and Honey Balm worked like a charm on my hair. I'm going to try what you did for a DC, especially right after I color.

It's interesting you mention about the ladies in the Oncology dept at your job being natural. I noticed that the nurses in the Oncology dept. who did the chemo treatments when my mother got hers, were all natural. I wonder if there is some correlation there. IDK...just wondering.

I need to setup that Google reader thing Tia told us about so I can keep up with all the blogs. I do check YT regularly for everyone, you, NTCM, Mstokes, and Juices n Berries, but I forget about the blogs. Embarassed

Anyway, congrats on 14th months and on reaching your personal hair goal. Your hair really does look fantastic...all the effort pays off!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th January 2011, 9:14 am

Congrats on 14months natural dance
Penny is thriving beautifully afro
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 6th January 2011, 10:05 am

Congrats on 14 months!!! im super proud of you sis Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 6th January 2011, 7:47 pm

Happy New Year KNH!

Congratulations on your 14th Anniversary and getting your dream hair! That is so exciting and inspiring. I'm not sure what my dream hair is yet but I'm working to get there! Thanks for the AOHC DC tip. I have realized that Seffy loves moisture and if I had her dripping like jheri curl she would probably be the most happy (ummm that ain't happening).

Hope you're having a great year so far!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 6th January 2011, 11:10 pm

Hi KNH,

Congrats on your 14th month anniversary!! PENNY looks fabulous. It feels really great when you have the "hair" you want and not always wishing for it. Your patience and perserverance have prevailed dance
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 9:36 am

rayray19 wrote:wow im loving that twist out too!! and dance!!! Im glad you reached that look you always wanted..but trust me you always had it!!

LaToya28 wrote:Happy New Year KNH!! Congrats on reaching that 14 month mark. I know that look you're talking about and you are definitely there! Penny looks great. I cannot wait until I have my dream hair.

awwww thanks ladies!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 9:37 am

thetiffany wrote:love your twist out!

ps- i havent forgotten about the twist challenge. my hair has stayed twisted except for 2-3 days twist out.

Thanks Tiffany....

I've been checking your blog!!! Keep up the good work!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 9:42 am

sweetdrk1 wrote: dance for accomplishing the look you wanted! I know that must feel mighty good!

Yes it does for real!!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH! Happy New Year!

You look good! ;-) I feel you on the look you had in mind for yourself. Honestly, I have yet to reach that point. But, I'm here to stay...looking forward to when it gets how I want it!

I been checking out your blog...I really must participate, huh? Very Happy Gotta give Nubie & Crissy some comp for these giveaways! LOL

Hey The RYL

I was so excited NYE so I know how you feel. Yes....you need to give those two a run for my money!!! LOL

priceless wrote:so glad that you have reached your point of satisfaction with hair i have yet to get there. i will get there one day i will not give up. congrats on your 14 months. i had to play catch up and i really like your styles, the last twist out is sooooo cute.

Hey Priceless.....thanks girl, twists takes a lot of time, but I love the results.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Penny is doing extremely well ... keep up the good work.

Thanks B!!

Lynnieluve wrote:Penny is looking good.....thick too. Congratulations on reaching your styling goal!! Oh and Congratulations on 14 months natural!! Keep up the good work.

I dont comment but I've been following your blog!! I need to go ahead and start one myself Wink

Hey Lynn...

Yes Penny has really gotten thicker, and thanks for following my blog. I think that you should start one...you have a lot of information to contribute to those naturals that are looking for someone that has done this journey well from their Big Chop to where you are now!!! Don't sit on that thought too long just do it!!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Congrats on 14months natural dance
Penny is thriving beautifully afro

Thanks IB!!

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Congrats on 14 months!!! im super proud of you sis Smile

Hey Sis...thanks so much!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 7th January 2011, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 9:50 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Happy New Year! Glad you had a great Christmas and enjoyed your time off. Penny is truly looking good. You can tell in the pic...your hair looks super moisturized and curls are really popping.

I haven't reorderd my Qhemet yet but I miss it. The AOHC and Honey Balm worked like a charm on my hair. I'm going to try what you did for a DC, especially right after I color.

It's interesting you mention about the ladies in the Oncology dept at your job being natural. I noticed that the nurses in the Oncology dept. who did the chemo treatments when my mother got hers, were all natural. I wonder if there is some correlation there. IDK...just wondering.

I need to setup that Google reader thing Tia told us about so I can keep up with all the blogs. I do check YT regularly for everyone, you, NTCM, Mstokes, and Juices n Berries, but I forget about the blogs. Embarassed

Anyway, congrats on 14th months and on reaching your personal hair goal. Your hair really does look fantastic...all the effort pays off!

Hey Dva....girl I'm so proud of Penny right now. A curl friend of mine gave me the tip about using the Heavy Cream to pre-dc and I am so glad I tried it. I've done it twice and I can really tell the difference!!

I was so impressed with my Natural Nurses, and I've noticed more through out the hospital. It makes me so proud to see them embracing their natural texture in the environment in which we work in. I've had several patients stop and and tell me they love my hair!!!

I did set-up Google reader when Tia informed us about that feature. It helps me keep up with the blogs I read that are not posted on OnSugar.com It is a great tool!!!

FemmeFox wrote:Happy New Year KNH!

Congratulations on your 14th Anniversary and getting your dream hair! That is so exciting and inspiring. I'm not sure what my dream hair is yet but I'm working to get there! Thanks for the AOHC DC tip. I have realized that Seffy loves moisture and if I had her dripping like jheri curl she would probably be the most happy (ummm that ain't happening).

Hope you're having a great year so far!

Hey FemmeFox

I think you have dream hair..that avatar is HOT!!!! The AOHC pre-dc (as I call it) has made a significant difference in my hair's moisture level. I know Seffy is going to love that extra care!!!

My year is starting out great!!! Thanks for checking in!!!

Hurricane Curly wrote:Hi KNH,

Congrats on your 14th month anniversary!! PENNY looks fabulous. It feels really great when you have the "hair" you want and not always wishing for it. Your patience and perserverance have prevailed dance

Hi Hurricane Curly

Thanks girl....I must say that I'm still impressed with your straight hair!!! Yes it does feel great to see the results after wanting this "dream hair" for so long. I must say that protective styling is the key!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 7th January 2011, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 10:07 am

TGIF run

I've been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to update my own thread. I've been popping in and out seeing how everyone else has been doing, and ladies let me tell you that y'all are starting this year off with a bang!!! Everyone is really doing a great job with their hair...I mean curly hair, straight hair, twists and updo's!!! I'm loving it!!!

Not much to update other than the fact that Penny is in other flat twist updo!! I was trying to create a style that I saw on KeKe's channel and it ended up like this...

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1210

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1114

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1211

KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL - Page 3 Dsci1115

Not the look I was going for, but I think it turned out okay!!! I plan to keep my hair like this for as long as my scalp with allow!!! It took me 2 1/2 hrs to twist and boy my arms were tired!! pale

Hope everyone has enjoyed their week, and have a great weekend!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next