KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by Lynnieluve on 17th December 2010, 10:37 am

Aww sooky sooky now!!! Look at you!!! That style is/was cute!!! I've never had the courage to try to two strand flat twist my whole head. You may have just sparked it for me!!!

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 40
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by BlondeByDesire on 17th December 2010, 11:25 am

Very nice, but I can't part worth a darn ...
avatar
BlondeByDesire

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 48
Location : Charlotte, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by NubieNatty on 17th December 2010, 11:25 am

im lovin ur channel and i know im lookin like a stalker cuz i cant stop smiling at ur pics. ur doin a fantastic job! i need to go back to some PS styles myself especially since i been gettin lazy lately.

now as for your pjism Mad everytime i see ur stash No
avatar
NubieNatty

Posts : 3494
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 37
Location : pg county, md

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS on 17th December 2010, 11:11 pm

WOw KNH!! Your updo is on point!! I know you got alot of comments on it!! How is your hair feeling to you?? Also what is the website that you got the Henna from? I seriously need some more! Love you girl!! Very Happy
avatar
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Posts : 242
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by Freestyles on 17th December 2010, 11:32 pm

Loving the updo!!!!!
---Reese afro
avatar
Freestyles

Posts : 565
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 35
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by bholmes87 on 18th December 2010, 11:24 pm

I absolutely love the styles Keke does! They are fab and you are rocking them out sis!!!!

I can't wait to subscribe to your channel though!! cheers
avatar
bholmes87

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2010-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Southern California

View user profile http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by Intelligentbeauty on 19th December 2010, 1:52 am

WOW, FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you and Penny. That updo is NICCCCEEEEE!!!
I have been meaning to try that flat twist in the back then upwards but time, time, time...... Laughing

GREAT JOB cheers
avatar
Intelligentbeauty

Posts : 3482
Join date : 2009-11-01
Location : New Jersey/NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by ChrsLvsBks on 19th December 2010, 6:42 pm

Look at you--twisting upside down and to the side Very Happy .

I subscribed to your YT channel. Like sweet and C3, you sound like I thought you would.

Glad to hear you and your son are feeling better.

I have sons too and they argue at times but love each other immensely.
avatar
ChrsLvsBks

Posts : 5037
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 46
Location : DMV

View user profile http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by CrissyQ on 19th December 2010, 9:18 pm

Your hair looks great girl. My phone has been acting crazy so i had to transfer to my old phone. i wanted to call you to see how to use the afroveda but i dont have your number in my old phone. Call me when u get a chance.
avatar
CrissyQ

Posts : 2697
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 42
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th December 2010, 9:26 am

krazy coils wrote:I love that flat twist updo! I enjoy keke's channel also and go there for style ideas too.

Thanks KC....don't you just love the styles she does? I like the fact that she uses AfroVeda product as well!!

Lynnieluve wrote:Aww sooky sooky now!!! Look at you!!! That style is/was cute!!! I've never had the courage to try to two strand flat twist my whole head. You may have just sparked it for me!!!

awwww...thanks Lynne, you can so flat twist your whole head. There are so many styles that would look nice on you. I can wait to see what you come up with for Roxie!!!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Very nice, but I can't part worth a darn ...

Thanks B....you can do it. I didn't part very well, but this was my first attempt. I will try until I get it right!!

Freestyles wrote:Loving the updo!!!!!
---Reese afro
Very Happy

Thanks Reese!!! Very Happy
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th December 2010, 9:28 am

NubieNatty wrote:im lovin ur channel and i know im lookin like a stalker cuz i cant stop smiling at ur pics. ur doin a fantastic job! i need to go back to some PS styles myself especially since i been gettin lazy lately.

now as for your pjism Mad everytime i see ur stash No

Hey Nubie...thanks girl. I'm having fun with my channel, but I plan to make better videos as I get comfortable with talking to my camera!! LOL

I know now that I have a lot of stuff. Embarassed
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th December 2010, 9:34 am

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:WOw KNH!! Your updo is on point!! I know you got alot of comments on it!! How is your hair feeling to you?? Also what is the website that you got the Henna from? I seriously need some more! Love you girl!! Very Happy


Hey Scrug!!!

How are you doing? How's school!!! Thanks...this was a very popular do for me. I mean everyone really like this one, even my MOM!!! Shocked Its time for me to henna again...**sigh** LOL here's the link..

http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/

I just placed an order....wish you had let me know you needed more I would have shipped you a box or two!! (I still can PM me)

Love you too Scrug!! ((hugs) & I love you
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th December 2010, 9:45 am

bholmes87 wrote:I absolutely love the styles Keke does! They are fab and you are rocking them out sis!!!!

I can't wait to subscribe to your channel though!! cheers

Hey Bholmes!!!

KeKe has some serious styling skills!!! I wish my twists were as neat as her's. Thanks I can't wait to take my time and try this style again!! I can't tell when new people sub to my channel so thanks in advance in case I miss you!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW, FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you and Penny. That updo is NICCCCEEEEE!!!
I have been meaning to try that flat twist in the back then upwards but time, time, time...... Laughing

GREAT JOB cheers

Thanks IB.....it does take a lot of time. I find myself planning my shampoo days, because I need at the least 4 hrs or more. SMH

Thanks for stopping by....I loved that last style you did!! That was NICCCCEEEEE!!! LOL

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Look at you--twisting upside down and to the side Very Happy .

I subscribed to your YT channel. Like sweet and C3, you sound like I thought you would.

Glad to hear you and your son are feeling better.

I have sons too and they argue at times but love each other immensely.

Hey Chrs.....

Thanks for subscribing and for your comments. Making videos is something I'm doing to help me keep my hands out of my HAIR!! LOL

It took us about a week, but we are all doing much better. (thanks for checking) I know what you mean, both of my sons are the beat to my heart, and they are getting better at getting along with each other. However, they are very close, and that my be why they argue at times. I just know that my nerves are getting too bad to deal with that now that they are older!!! (or maybe because I'm getting older) LOL



CrissyQ wrote:Your hair looks great girl. My phone has been acting crazy so i had to transfer to my old phone. i wanted to call you to see how to use the afroveda but i dont have your number in my old phone. Call me when u get a chance.

Hey Friend....sorry I'm just getting this. I'll text you my number right now!!

avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th December 2010, 9:47 am

This was a busy weekend, and I have so much to share. I will post an update tonight!! I'm so excited about working 4 more days, and being off after that until the next year!!! dance lol!

I'll be back later!!! Have a Great Day Curlies!!!
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by LaToya28 on 20th December 2010, 2:32 pm

Love, love, love the updo...I will be stealing it! lol

LaToya28

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 37
Location : San Antonio

View user profile http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by sweetdrk1 on 20th December 2010, 3:58 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Aww sooky sooky now!!! Look at you!!! That style is/was cute!!! I've never had the courage to try to two strand flat twist my whole head. You may have just sparked it for me!!!
What she said! I may have to try something like this!
avatar
sweetdrk1

Posts : 8126
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 51
Location : Cliffton, NJ

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by LaToya28 on 21st December 2010, 11:24 am

Hey KNH, I subscribed to you as well. Can you do a tutorial on how you flat twist up in the back? It feels so weird when I try to do it. I need to see someone else do it first.

LaToya28

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 37
Location : San Antonio

View user profile http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by CrissyQ on 21st December 2010, 11:45 am

Good morning. I think i subscribed to you channel. Girl you might have to do a tutorial on how to subscribe. LOL
avatar
CrissyQ

Posts : 2697
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 42
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by jlowman1 on 21st December 2010, 12:23 pm

Hey KNH!

The flat twist updo is sooo nice. You did a great job. I wanted to try it but my little short arms get so tired lol
avatar
jlowman1

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 28
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by FemmeFox on 21st December 2010, 7:27 pm

Hey KNH!!
avatar
FemmeFox

Posts : 925
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 38
Location : Fremont, CA/San Francisco, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by DvaAuNaturel on 21st December 2010, 7:31 pm

Hey KNH,
You and Penny are doing it up! Your pinup styles are super cute. They look great on you. And I will definitely be checking out your channel tonight. I'm sure your videos are great.

I subscribed to your blog a few weeks back and entered the contest for NTCM prize. I think Nubie stole (I mean won) it from me. Razz I enjoyed reading your posts though. I want to start a blog too (not hair related) but don't know where to start. We'll see.

~Dva

p.s. your sons will probably always be at each other, a little less though as they get older. my sister and I occasionally still do it but not nearly as much as when we were younger. my poor mother, always in the middle too lol!

avatar
DvaAuNaturel

Posts : 2425
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by BlondeByDesire on 21st December 2010, 7:35 pm

Wow, that being off until next year sounds nice ...
avatar
BlondeByDesire

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 48
Location : Charlotte, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 22nd December 2010, 9:34 am

LaToya28 wrote:Love, love, love the updo...I will be stealing it! lol

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Aww sooky sooky now!!! Look at you!!! That style is/was cute!!! I've never had the courage to try to two strand flat twist my whole head. You may have just sparked it for me!!!
What she said! I may have to try something like this!

awwww...y'all are too sweet. I so love KeKe's channel. I use to have hair as thick as KeKe's, and it looks like we have the same texture, so I live on her channel!!!

LaToya28 wrote:Hey KNH, I subscribed to you as well. Can you do a tutorial on how you flat twist up in the back? It feels so weird when I try to do it. I need to see someone else do it first.

Hey LaToya thanks for subbing to my channel!!! I appreciate the love and support. A tutorial....okay let me see what I can do. I just did my hair yesterday, so I will see if I can take down a row or two and see if I can make a tutorial video. Still new at making videos so I hope I can come up with something decent.

CrissyQ wrote:Good morning. I think i subscribed to you channel. Girl you might have to do a tutorial on how to subscribe. LOL

CrissyQ....I've been so busy at work, and when I peeked in briefly and say this I was cracking up at work. You are too funny, but I know what you mean. I can't tell when someone new has subscribed, so I have to check their channel so I can tell them thanks. I still don't see you...I'll have to look again. Thanks for subbing, and for your support!!!

jlowman1 wrote:Hey KNH!

The flat twist updo is sooo nice. You did a great job. I wanted to try it but my little short arms get so tired lol

Hey Jlow!!! Thanks hon.....I still haven't perfected the technique really, but I rock these flat twists like I'm a pro!!! It takes me about 2hrs, but I love the way I don't feel the need to manipulate my hair when I put it up like this.

FemmeFox wrote:Hey KNH!!

Hey FemmeFox...what going on girl? Are you and T ready for Christmas. I'll coming by your house tonight; hope I can get some eggnog while I'm there. LOL

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
You and Penny are doing it up! Your pinup styles are super cute. They look great on you. And I will definitely be checking out your channel tonight. I'm sure your videos are great.

I subscribed to your blog a few weeks back and entered the contest for NTCM prize. I think Nubie stole (I mean won) it from me. Razz I enjoyed reading your posts though. I want to start a blog too (not hair related) but don't know where to start. We'll see.

~Dva

p.s. your sons will probably always be at each other, a little less though as they get older. my sister and I occasionally still do it but not nearly as much as when we were younger. my poor mother, always in the middle too lol!

Hey Dva...glad to see you posting again!! Missed yah!! Well Penny and I are really trying over here. I'm doing a twist challenge with CrissyQ and LaToya, so we are trying to keep our hair in protective twists! It was the best thing I could have done.

Well....I hope you enjoy the videos on my YT channel. Not sure how good they are....everything is still kinda new and I'm hoping to get better at it!!

Thanks for following my blog. I am so glad I don't have to pick the winner for this contest!! I would be trying to contact NTCM and asking her to make sets for everyone. I liked reading everyone's comments. I will be posting the winner on Christmas Eve (I don't even know who it is as of yet)...so good luck!!!

Oh.....I know how you mother felt. They had an interesting disagreement Saturday. I was so drained....I guess I'm always trying to keep the peace, but this time they were both wrong. However, neither one could see the error they made in the situation. Rolling Eyes I didn't act like this with my brothers...I guess it would have been different if I had a sister..I don't know!! Thanks for letting me know that it will get better!!!



BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, that being off until next year sounds nice ...

Hey BBella...well that has been put on hold. I'm so swamped and I have a couple of reports that are due next week, and I am waiting on some information from another department. Just found out yesterday that I won't get that information until next week. Evil or Very Mad So I plan to take off Fri - Mon this week; then work 3 days next week and take of Fri - Mon next week. I will take off Spring Break instead!!!

avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by KinkyNappyHappy on 22nd December 2010, 10:28 am

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.........

I've been so busy at work trying to get everything done so I could be off until next year. Well that's not going as planned, but that's okay...

So lets see....what has been going on with me. Well as you know my oldest son is home for the holidays, and I've been enjoying his company or rather the fact that he brings me lunch to work everyday. I can so get use to this!!! LOL

I've been working long hours the last two weeks, and Xander still has drill team practice because he is a potential officer. The officers have to practice during the holiday break to make-up their routine for our New Year Eve's service and the routine for their competition in June 2011. So Xavier has been helping me get him back and forth and I'm loving that!!! Sometimes I wish he would transfer back home and go to UofH!! LOL

My oldest son celebrated his 20th birthday Saturday; it seems like those years flew by!! I took him to eat Friday night (we had a graduation to attend in Huntsville so I killed two birds with one stone) so I could spend my time with him then. He had plans with his friends, so I had to get in where I could fit in. Things really change when your children get older. So that is why I'm so doing me!!!

So, Saturday I had the day to myself, and I thought I would finish up my Christmas shopping. I was looking for something for my mother (which I found) and I ended up with a nice sweater, a pair of shoes, a couple of warm-ups and some perfume!!! Merry Christmas to me!!! Ho, Ho, Ho.... santa lol!

Hair:
I am so glad I am doing this self-imposed twist challenge. I'm doing different updo's as you have seen, and my hair looks and feel very healthy. I haven't done a length check yet, and I'm not sure when I will do one. Here a few pictures from last week and this week...


I wasn't feeling this look....I figured out what I was doing wrong in the front.


So I re-twisted...this is the last flat twist from last week. Oh...I got my MAC Friday Pink lipstick. (color I have on in the picture below) hmmmmm I think that is is more of a summer color!!! I like it, but maybe I should have worn pink this day... lol!


Well I ended the week in a puff; wore this style for 2 days..it was cute, but my detangling session was horrible!! Note to self: only wear my hair out 1 day a week instead of 2 days!!


So my henna is on the way. I got a notification e-mail yesterday that it was shipped UPS. So if it gets here today..which I doubt I'll henna Christmas Eve, but I think I will be doing my henna Sunday evening. (I need to henna, this is so long over due!!!)

Well that's all for now. Sorry that this post is so long....thanks for getting through it!!

SN: There is this young lady on my job that sits right outside of my office. Now from time to time we'll talk, and she will come to my door so we are not yelling over the department. What I am trying to understand is....why does she pick that time to remove/pull and drops her shedding hair strands in my office!!! pale I find this to be strange and it really annoys me. confused She's a sweet young lady, but I wonder if she's aware that she doing this? It really gets on my nerves.....**sigh** Neutral Boy this would only happen to me!! lol!

Have a great day ladies!!
avatar
KinkyNappyHappy

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2010-01-02
Location : Houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by DvaAuNaturel on 22nd December 2010, 1:05 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Hey Dva...glad to see you posting again!! Missed yah!! Well Penny and I are really trying over here. I'm doing a twist challenge with CrissyQ and LaToya, so we are trying to keep our hair in protective twists! It was the best thing I could have done.

Well....I hope you enjoy the videos on my YT channel. Not sure how good they are....everything is still kinda new and I'm hoping to get better at it!!

Thanks for following my blog. I am so glad I don't have to pick the winner for this contest!! I would be trying to contact NTCM and asking her to make sets for everyone. I liked reading everyone's comments. I will be posting the winner on Christmas Eve (I don't even know who it is as of yet)...so good luck!!!

Oh.....I know how you mother felt. They had an interesting disagreement Saturday. I was so drained....I guess I'm always trying to keep the peace, but this time they were both wrong. However, neither one could see the error they made in the situation. Rolling Eyes I didn't act like this with my brothers...I guess it would have been different if I had a sister..I don't know!! Thanks for letting me know that it will get better!!!

Oh my goodness, you must be giving away all kinds of goodies. I thought the winner had been picked. Oh, that means I still have a chance. YAY! bounce
avatar
DvaAuNaturel

Posts : 2425
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ I got a bun y'all..LOL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum