CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry but Oily

3 posters

Go down

Dry but Oily Empty Dry but Oily

Post by .natural.cheyenne. 8th January 2011, 8:11 pm

I've just decided to go natural. All of my girlfriends love it and a few guys too! But I'm having a problem with it. Everyday I have to put some type of oil on it. For the past few days I've put a moisturizer on it. No matter what I do, a few hours later, my hair feels brittle and dry especially on the ends. I've watched videos on youtube but they didn't really address my problem. What should I use???

afro

.natural.cheyenne.

Back to top Go down

Dry but Oily Empty Re: Dry but Oily

Post by envizionj 8th January 2011, 8:28 pm

Welcome aboard Natural Cheyenne. dance

What shampoos, conditioners and products are you using on your curly tresses? That will help us give you some advice. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovnit85 8th January 2011, 8:28 pm

Congrats on your decision! The first thing you need to learn is to re-learn all of your hairs past life lessons. Water is your friend! Try spritzing your hair with water before you add your oil. Many naturals use a water glycerin mix but just start with watering your hair. Water based moisturizers are a good start and if you are shampooing try to do it less or consider conditioner washes (co-wash). And just remember there is no product that will magically change your hair, it's more in the technique!
Lovnit85
Lovnit85

Back to top Go down

Post by .natural.cheyenne. 9th January 2011, 8:25 pm

I use Carols Daughter Rosemary mint purifying shampoo and conditioner. I also have some black vanilla leave in conditioner from carols daughter that I also use. Yesterday I just bought cantu Shea butter leave in conditioner and some Shea butter. I used it last night. My hair feels less dry but the ends still feel a little brittle.

afro

.natural.cheyenne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down