CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No wash and Go Challenge!

5 posters

Go down

No wash and Go Challenge! Empty No wash and Go Challenge!

Post by Lovnit85 7th January 2011, 7:06 pm

[font=Arial Black]Ok Naturalistas I'm new here so hello. I wanted to talk about Wash and Go's. This style has always been a go to for all of us, but, I'm starting to notice that for my 4c hair it's the worst! I get into this cycle because when my hair dries it's so unmanageable that at the end of the day I sleep on it and then the only option I have is to do another wash n go the next day. All the constant detangling is breaking my hair down. So I'm letting the Wash and Go go! Anyone else have the same problem?

Ok, since this is the Hair Challenge forum and not just about the challenges of hair per se. My challenge would be to not wash and Go for at least 6 months. This is can be really difficult since my twist outs tend to turn into a matted mess after days of laziness and I turn to wng's. So who's with me? I'll try to post some pics. My guess is this will unlock one of the keys to manageability and growth!

Last edited by Lovnit85 on 8th January 2011, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : topic relevance)
Lovnit85
Lovnit85

Back to top Go down

No wash and Go Challenge! Empty Re: No wash and Go Challenge!

Post by Fleur 7th January 2011, 9:39 pm

Hi Lovnit85! You'll probably get a whole lot of responses if you posted this on the General or Stylin' board instead of the Challenge board. More posters visit those sections more frequently. Smile
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2011, 9:46 pm

Lovnit85 wrote:Ok Naturalistas I'm new here so hello. I wanted to talk about Wash and Go's. This style has always been a go to for all of us, but, I'm starting to notice that for my 4c hair it's the worst! I get into this cycle because when my hair dries it's so unmanageable that at the end of the day I sleep on it and then the only option I have is to do another wash n go the next day. All the constant detangling is breaking my hair down. So I'm letting the Wash and Go go! Anyone else have the same problem?

On a side note the word "detangling" is not a recognized word! Go figure Shocked

I had to stop doing wash n gos around 4 months natural because my hair would tangle so bad. That was when I started exclusively doing twist/twist outs. On wash day, I have to twist my hair into chunky twist to air dry....Long gone are the days of letting my hair dry loose. No

You are not alone.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 7th January 2011, 10:48 pm

Hello & Welcome Lovnit85!

This style has always been a go to for all of us
It was never an option for me because of the outcome you described. I don't even get first day hair from a wng. I agree with Fluer, you can find both post and find existing discussions with tips from those who continue to wng in the General & Stylin areas of the forum.

On a side note the word "detangling" is not a recognized word!
It shows up when I enter it in dictionary.com
definition: to remove tangles, untangle

[b]Untangle[/b] is usually what I say when I am not discussing hair.

HTH (hope that helps)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 7th January 2011, 10:50 pm

Oh no, I did that once, thought I could let my hair dry loose AND with no product in it. affraid By the time it was half dry it started to shrink and mat like felt. I was so afraid, I had to douse it with conditioner and baggy to get the kinks, coils and curls to loosen back up.

Now I wash in sections, condition in twist and dry in twists or braids. No wash and goes for me.

Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovnit85 7th January 2011, 10:53 pm

the word detangle does show up but not detangling
Lovnit85
Lovnit85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovnit85 8th January 2011, 7:07 pm

psh didn't realize Challenge meant challenge! Lol Thanks ladies for the direction
Lovnit85
Lovnit85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down