CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after

+16
smaddox
earthy natural
CarlaAR
BattleKat
Ishe
dca
naturallynola
Gogyrl
NylaCoils
BreezyBaby
fanmnatirel
sweetdrk1
DreamMerchant
MissyCee
tshala
ftiffrenee
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after Empty In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after

Post by ftiffrenee 7th January 2011, 4:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Let me share this little piece of heaven. I use to suffer from chronic dryness of my ends. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work until I came across this concoction. And when I say it mpisturizes liek nothing I have ever seen or felt...PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!! Check her out on you tube. She was one of my first tube inspirations and I love how she takes the time out to share with the world her knowledge. I pray for her continued success because she to me is one of the gurus of the natural hair care movement, along with curly nikki of course!!

PS. The Janelle Monae inspired do picture (in the black) was before I used Kimmay's leave in. It wasnt horribly dry but you can definently see a differenceGo to you tube for the complete recipe!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after Empty Re: In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after

Post by tshala 7th January 2011, 5:10 pm

Your hair looks like polished to no end in the "after"- pic. I'll definitely check this out!
Love your Janelle Monae 'do I love you
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after Empty Re: In need of a moisture boost--Try Kimmaytube's mixture. You hair will never be the same. Check out before and after

Post by ftiffrenee 7th January 2011, 5:16 pm

tshala wrote:Your hair looks like polished to no end in the "after"- pic. I'll definitely check this out!
Love your Janelle Monae 'do I love you

Aww thanks so much. Def give it a try. Check back in once you try it out.
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th January 2011, 6:54 pm

I gathered my ingredients yesterday. I do plan to use this also. Glad to hear it helped you. I hope it does the same for me. My ends are soooooo dry.......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th January 2011, 11:08 pm

That style is too cute! The results are amazing!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 11:07 am

I have to bite the bullet and get the ingrediants for this..your hair looks fab!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 9th January 2011, 1:52 am

i have to try this style!!!!! FLYYYY
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 9th January 2011, 6:34 pm

I keep hearing great things about her mix. I may have to try it sometime in the future
Your hair looks fly!
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th January 2011, 9:43 pm

Have used the Kimmay Method and I like the Concoction-
I use the KBN line, which has a ph of 4, as well. So no need for me to keep purchasing the ingredients when what i use already has the ph of 4.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogyrl 16th January 2011, 3:04 am

Nyla, what's the KBN line? Is this the condish with aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, castor oil and KCKT ?

Gogyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 16th January 2011, 11:04 am

Koils by nature Koilsbynature.com
I use her leave in conditioner. It has Distilled water infused with horsetail, nettle, calendula and rosemary, aloe leaf juice, cetyl alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, *organic slippery elm bark, *organic marshmallow root, aloe butter, Shea butter, macadamia nut oil, mango fruit extract, *organic extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, guar gum, kosher vegetable glycerin, ProVitamin (B5), Vitamin E, grapefruit extract, organic honey, potassium sorbate, willows bark
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 16th January 2011, 5:05 pm

I too love your style. Your hair is very pretty and the makeup looks classy Smile

I have been using KCKT since August and love it. I began using the Kimmaytube leave in (with KCKT since I was already using it) since late Aug. or Sept. and I can def say, it has made a world of diff in my hair. When I use the mix per her instructions (I do use diff. oils though), I don't need to moisturize for at least 3 days (I also have found that to be the case during these cold, dry months). Recently, I began experimenting with the KBN Sheoloe, but so far, I am not getting the same level of moisture and not for as long. I am still experimenting, but when I complete this experiment, I will post all the ways I tried it as a substitute for the KCKT leave-in in the Kimmaytube. BTW, I think the shealoe is a good leave-in, but for me, I am just not getting the same level of moisture I was getting. More to follow...

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by dca 16th January 2011, 6:15 pm

I watched her leave-in conditioner video yesterday, and I'll have to try it!
dca
dca

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 16th January 2011, 6:39 pm

ok. I've been using KCKT for the longest but i never tried mixing it the way Kimmatube does. Turned out to be pretty good. I don't have the testing strips because i don't think it's that serious but it sure kept my hair moisturized

Also, i do not have as much hair as you do but i copied your style and had it all week...lol.
I think that's going to be my new protective style since the ends are tucked in...
I also roll the front...

So thanks for the idea ftiffrenee
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 18th January 2011, 6:26 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:ok. I've been using KCKT for the longest but i never tried mixing it the way Kimmatube does. Turned out to be pretty good. I don't have the testing strips because i don't think it's that serious but it sure kept my hair moisturized

Also, i do not have as much hair as you do but i copied your style and had it all week...lol.
I think that's going to be my new protective style since the ends are tucked in...
I also roll the front...

So thanks for the idea ftiffrenee

You are very welcome, my dear! I'm glad it worked out for you. Please post some pics soon..pretty please! Very Happy
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 18th January 2011, 6:27 pm

dca wrote:I watched her leave-in conditioner video yesterday, and I'll have to try it!

I'm telling you it makes a HUGE difference!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 18th January 2011, 6:33 pm

BreezyBaby wrote:I keep hearing great things about her mix. I may have to try it sometime in the future
Your hair looks fly!

Thanks sis!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishe 20th January 2011, 12:31 pm

@ftiffrenee, that hair style is sooo pretty, FIERCE! I can testify to this product, it is the best that I have used so far! I watched her videos where the breaks down the science behind hair and the ph balance and stuff, and it really made sense. I have to that kimmay's leave in conditioner has done wonders to my hair especially the ends of my hair, it makes the ends of my hair REALLY curly/coliy instead of bushy, it's like magic:) I love it and is has moisture (KKNT) and oils (sealants) @ftiffrenee, I just want to know if u put additional oils/ selants in ur hair after u put this leave in conditioner in there, cause I feel I don't need to cause it's already oils in there, but maybe a couple of days afterwards?

Ishe

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 20th January 2011, 1:24 pm

Ishe wrote:@ftiffrenee, that hair style is sooo pretty, FIERCE! I can testify to this product, it is the best that I have used so far! I watched her videos where the breaks down the science behind hair and the ph balance and stuff, and it really made sense. I have to that kimmay's leave in conditioner has done wonders to my hair especially the ends of my hair, it makes the ends of my hair REALLY curly/coliy instead of bushy, it's like magic:) I love it and is has moisture (KKNT) and oils (sealants) @ftiffrenee, I just want to know if u put additional oils/ selants in ur hair after u put this leave in conditioner in there, cause I feel I don't need to cause it's already oils in there, but maybe a couple of days afterwards?

It depends on the style. If I am in protective styles like twists pinned up, I just have to use it once and it stay moisturized for the week. Round about Wed I will use Taaliq Waadij (sp) mist to refreshen it. If I am wearing my twist out I use it every night on my ends because that part of my hair is the driest, and then retwist it every night. Hope this helps.
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishe 24th January 2011, 11:49 am

Yes, that helps alot, I have watched her videos a million times, I have been natural for a while, but I used to wear it straight all the time, I have since stopped doing that and want to wear in it's natural state most of the time! so I feel's like i am a newbie at all of this and hearing all these diffrent steps and products that people are using is confusing?!?! so it looks like u don't add any additional oils (sealants) or miosturizers to it, cause the leave has both a moisturizer and sealant:) and I remember kimmay just wetting her hair with water and adding the mixture. I think I am learninig to keep it simple cause I tend to make it more complicated then it is, and I am a kinda product junkie, but i am trying to keep it simple and just use her leave in and shampoo and conditioner. I was putting olive oil, jojoba oil and castor oil in my hair everday and it made my scalp co itchy. Do u put the leave in conditioner in your scalp to?

Ishe

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 24th January 2011, 12:11 pm

Ishe wrote:Yes, that helps alot, I have watched her videos a million times, I have been natural for a while, but I used to wear it straight all the time, I have since stopped doing that and want to wear in it's natural state most of the time! so I feel's like i am a newbie at all of this and hearing all these diffrent steps and products that people are using is confusing?!?! so it looks like u don't add any additional oils (sealants) or miosturizers to it, cause the leave has both a moisturizer and sealant:) and I remember kimmay just wetting her hair with water and adding the mixture. I think I am learninig to keep it simple cause I tend to make it more complicated then it is, and I am a kinda product junkie, but i am trying to keep it simple and just use her leave in and shampoo and conditioner. I was putting olive oil, jojoba oil and castor oil in my hair everday and it made my scalp co itchy. Do u put the leave in conditioner in your scalp to?

No I dont put this mixture on my scalp. I dont think its necessary. I massage my scalp about once a week with castor and almond oil and my scalp stays hydrated just from that alone. Have you tried it yet?
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 1st February 2011, 12:29 am

I remember when everyone first started talking about Kimmaytube's mixture, I can't figure out why I didn't start using it them. Well I finally used it and I will never run out of this mix. My mother-n-law is always tellilng me she wishes my hair didn't look so dry. I can't wait until she sees it now. I love it.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd February 2011, 5:14 pm

I am going to try this. There really isn't much investment because I can get all of the ingredients at Whole Foods and if I don't like the leave-in, I can use the products in other ways including drinking the aloe vera juice which is good for you. Smile
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by earthy natural 3rd February 2011, 9:30 pm

I'm going to take another try at her mixture. I've tried it once and it was not agreeing with my hair...you've given me a reason to try again.

Great hair BTW.
earthy natural
earthy natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 3rd February 2011, 9:34 pm

earthy natural wrote:I'm going to take another try at her mixture. I've tried it once and it was not agreeing with my hair...you've given me a reason to try again.

Great hair BTW.

Can you explain why that was the case? I would love to try it which would save me money on my hair products.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next