Protein Shakes

Go down

Protein Shakes

Post by tiashaunteé on 3rd December 2009, 10:32 pm

I decided that I rather not do protein treatment but instead continue with my shakes. The problem is....they are cold and it is cold out. I'm curious about if there are any "don't freeze me to death" shake mixes. Suggestions?
tiashaunteé

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Protein Shakes

Post by natural83 on 4th December 2009, 4:31 am

I was just in GNC the other day talking to the worker in the store about Protein Shakes. I think I'm going to start with the shakes after hearing the great benefits....AND the guy did mention that they sometimes tend to grow your hair, so I was like, ohhhh yeah! I think Im going to try them, but will probably wait til next month, at the very beginning of the month so that I can get that GNC Gold Card discount! LOL!

Not sure if there are any that aren't so cold!
natural83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina on 4th December 2009, 2:12 pm

Are you worried about the shakes being cold because you take them with you when you leave for work? My suggestion would just be to down it while your still at home in the nice warm heat and then maybe take a hot tea with you when you head to work. Smile
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé on 4th December 2009, 2:16 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Are you worried about the shakes being cold because you take them with you when you leave for work? My suggestion would just be to down it while your still at home in the nice warm heat and then maybe take a hot tea with you when you head to work. Smile

That's actually not a bad idea, but I can tell you right now that it's not possible in our house. I have to fight an hour long traffic jam to and from work which requires me to start the days early and end the date late. I sleep until the very last minute, not to mention the unexpected needs of the dog in the morning...he is a person!
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina on 4th December 2009, 2:37 pm

I remember those days. I'll be revisiting them again in the near future only I wont have a dog to worry about it'll be a little person. Do you have a coffee maker with a timer. If so you could set that to make your tea for you and all you have to do is grab it add some sugar or whatever and get out the door.
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Kshamile on 23rd January 2010, 11:36 pm

Tomorrow will be day one of my "vegan protein shake-a-day" program. Never done it before. Looking forward to what happens.
Kshamile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kshamile on 28th January 2010, 11:05 pm

So, after four consecutive days of my vegan protein drink I've had to discontinue drinking it because of bad headaches that got worse every day. Since I didn't drink any this morning I haven't had as bad a headache today as yesterday. The only thing in the drink that I've never had before is the wheat germ oil. I'm going to try the drink again, this time adding the various ingredients and checking my body's response to them.

Here's what's in the drink:

--Silk soy milk
--Aloe vera gel
--Molasses
--Almond butter
--Wheat germ oil
--Flaxseed oil
--Wheat germ (ground)
--Flaxseed (ground)

Have any of you experienced headaches on your protein drink?
Kshamile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé on 28th January 2010, 11:39 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I remember those days. I'll be revisiting them again in the near future only I wont have a dog to worry about it'll be a little person. Do you have a coffee maker with a timer. If so you could set that to make your tea for you and all you have to do is grab it add some sugar or whatever and get out the door.

I don't have one with a timer but I am shopping around for one. The one I want it on back order but since I really want it I am holding out
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 on 24th September 2010, 12:03 am

I just started on protein shakes this week and was wondering if any of you are still on them. Im training for another marathon, so I definitely wanted something that would beneficial for muscle restoration and keeping my body lean. So far so good...I've never really been much of a "shake" person, but i must admit they are yummy! The guy at GNC suggested that I take the AMP- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 brand. Have any of you tried this brand? I have the vanilla flavor & I've been mixing it with lowfat milk along with frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, rasperries, etc.) For now, I've just been drinking them in the mornings, and I will do them after my long runs as well. Im hoping they aid in getting me more toned, and I wouldnt mind shedding about 8 pounds during the process...so we shall see! I hear protein shakes sometimes aid in hair growth! Have any of you experienced this??? That would be FAB if I could get some hair growth in the process! LOL!
natural83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny on 26th September 2010, 12:56 pm

I've always been a protein shake fanatic. I'm not sure if it's the protein or the combo of protein and exercise that led to my hair growth, but my hair definitely looks healthier when I take protein regularly.

I'm not a fan of GNC because they try so hard to push their branded products without consideration of the other brands in the store. Plus, I think GNC protein powders have an awful aftertaste. I use the BSN Lean Dessert protein powders. They are super delish and thick without adding ice.

Natural83, how's your marathon training going? I'm training for a Ms. Fitness contest.
FloridaSunshiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 on 27th September 2010, 5:11 pm

@FloridaSunshiny So far, I like the brand that Im using from GNC. Maybe because I mix a lot of fruits in mine and it makes it more fruity which may take away some of that aftertaste. I may have to look into the BSN Lean Dessert powders too in case I want to switch it up later.

My marathon training is going well so far! We are up to running 10 miles, and this Saturday, we are doing 12. This is my second marathon and I can definitely say that im not as nervous about all the running like I was last year. I guess because I've actually done it before, where as last year...the thought of running 12 miles made me cringe! LOL! So yeah, all in all..training has been a breeze so far! Good Luck with your Ms. Fitness contest...im sure you are very consistent with your shakes and stuff doing contests like that! What all does the contest consist of?
natural83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl on 30th October 2010, 11:34 pm

I have really heard good things about brown rice protien I am going to purchase some soon I'm trying to stay away from too much soy because of the effects it can have on hormones. Any one use brown rice protien or something else that does not contain any whey either ?
gemofacurlgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dejonthompson01 on 14th December 2010, 4:53 am

Protein shakes are claimed to be the main sources of protein.Protein is necessary to build muscle. Amino acids are key components for repair and strengthening of muscle tissue, especially after a workout. Protein sources are the most popular meat, eggs, nuts, and even vegetables such as beans. But the nearest source of protein, protein powder shake.

dejonthompson01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down