CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I henna on heat damaged hair?

3 posters

Go down

Can I henna on heat damaged hair? Empty Can I henna on heat damaged hair?

Post by mokacoffey 30th December 2010, 1:23 pm

So now that I know my hair is about 80% damaged from years of flat ironing..... I want to know if I should wait till it's all grown out before doing the henna & indigo I been contemplating. I know it would help my undamaged hair for sure. Could any strength be added to my heat damaged parts, ya think? I know nothing will reverse the damage, i just want it as strong as possible while it grows out. If I need to wait that makes me sad, but I'll start doing cassia, and other Ayurvedic powders to help my hair. Anyone?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Can I henna on heat damaged hair? Empty Re: Can I henna on heat damaged hair?

Post by Pretty_Vee 30th December 2010, 1:42 pm

If your hair isn't dry & breaking off or thinning out and it's just that heat has been applied so much that your hair is "trained" straight I say go for it. Because all that means is that those bonds that cause your hair to be curly have been broken.

The Henna treatment will do nothing but act as a keratin treatment and fortify your hair. It definitely will not hurt it. Just remember not to manipulate your hair once the henna is end and be very gentle. You'll most likely find that your hair feels stronger and thicker in the end.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 31st December 2010, 12:19 pm

Well, kinda think heat damage & heat training are the same. Especially looking at these two different textures in my head. Lol... Well, I dont want to flat iron for awhile either. Anyway- I just ordered some indigo from Henna Sooq yesterday. I hope it's here by next weekend. I think that ur right about the henna can only help my hair. Thanks!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 31st December 2010, 7:05 pm

Just moisturize/condition your hair VERY well, especially since you are using both Henna & Indigo. Khadija will often recommend oil after the treatment for people with dry hair (olive oil is great). I have heat damage at my crown. It really is an area that needs extra attention, care, and moisture. Heat damaged hair is so vulnerable. Take extra pains to thoroughly rinse the henna out. I don't know which one you bought, but the Rajasthani is very finely sifted,which makes removal easy. Good luck!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 1st January 2011, 2:58 am

@naturallynola: thanks for the tip about the oil after. I got the henna that I will use this time from a local Indian grocery. It's Dulhan brand. Only got indigo from Henna Sooq this time

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 2nd January 2011, 8:20 pm

Has anyone used the Dulhan brand henna before? Results?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down