CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitness and Natural Hair

+4
britteny
gracejose
Lynnieluve
embracingmycurls
8 posters

Go down

Fitness and Natural Hair Empty Fitness and Natural Hair

Post by embracingmycurls 13th December 2010, 9:01 pm

I am a gym rat! However, my hair is not. It is the winter and I am trying to not pack on that extra weight and wash my hair frequently. I tend to go to the gym three days a week and my hair is usually wet and just yuck after a workout. I love my hair and the gym but this love affair has to have some type of balance. What do you do with your hair when it gets sweated out from your workout? Please help.
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Fitness and Natural Hair Empty Re: Fitness and Natural Hair

Post by Lynnieluve 13th December 2010, 9:12 pm

I work out 3-4 days a week too. I always wear my hair in two strand twist when working out. If my scalp is feeling to icky, I spritz it with my aloe spritz (water, aloe vera gel, tea tree oil, peppermint oil and lavendar oil). I only wash my hair once a week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by embracingmycurls 14th December 2010, 3:20 pm

Thanks for the tip!
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by gracejose 13th January 2011, 8:00 am

So I do not feel like the end of the world is suffering from hair loss. Once the idea of physical therapy and began following it and one day great, thick head of hair will be restored. It is possible to achieve when you follow the directions correctly and use hair loss treatment for life continues.

gracejose

Back to top Go down

Post by britteny 18th January 2011, 3:13 am

Hi,

Last edited by britteny on 3rd February 2011, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

britteny

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 12:13 pm

@ Embracingmycurls...Like Lynnie said, you can just wear your hair in twists. And I do the same as what she said - just spritz your hair with a good moisturizing miz. I made a spray of water, conditioner, castor and evoo oils and the evoo had a bit of tea tree in it too. Sometime during the week I will also co wash cuz I don't feel like the sweat should just stay on the hair that long, even though it has dried up. I would maybe cowash at least once thru the week before you wash with shampoo. I was about once a week too.

@Britteny...what are you using on your hair? Do you take vitamins? eat right? Drink enough water? Is the water you use to wash your hair hard water?? How often do you wash/detangle? Just remember too that we shed around 100-150 hairs a day so if you're not detangling often it will seem like you are losing more hair than normal when really it's just that all that hair has done it's normal shedding but because it hasn't been combed it looks like more. BUT make sure you are also moisturizing your hair as needed. Some people even moisturize twice a day. Just go by how your hair feels. Detangle with conditioner under running water!! This makes ALL the difference in the world when detangling. I no longer detangle any other way!!!! Do you wear protective styles??

Hope this helps. Very Happy
afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by britteny 19th January 2011, 3:40 am

Hi,

Last edited by britteny on 3rd February 2011, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

britteny

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th January 2011, 1:59 pm

Britteny did you read my mssg right above????
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by harrykoker 27th January 2011, 2:26 am

I think there are many people have problems related to the amount of hair loss, thinning, gray hair, thick, straightening, bonding, rebonding, coloring, streaking and growth retardation. There are a number of beauty products that are available on the market. Some products work and others not, depending on the individual's problem.

harrykoker

Back to top Go down

Post by abelart 12th March 2011, 11:44 am

Oil for the hair is very good and equally it is important as it makes our hair to grow stronger and thicker. The Oil are mentioned below, which are helpful for our hair.
(1) Coconut Oil
(2) Amla Oil
(3) Mustard Oil
(4) Castor oil
(5) Fish Oil

abelart

Back to top Go down

Post by sherryabhy 21st March 2011, 1:43 am

I am full agree with the advantages of Coconut Oil and Fish Oil. After keeping oil on hair wash your hair after two or three hours. It is very good and best for the hair.

sherryabhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down