CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goal weight???

+6
courtrhapsody
blkbeauty2010
summerbreeze76
BajanPrincess82
Lynnieluve
milwaukeechick
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Goal weight??? Empty Goal weight???

Post by milwaukeechick 9th December 2010, 9:26 pm

Hello ladies
I gained 40 pounds, over 9 months wasnt preggers either. My goal weight is 155.
my husband seems to love thickyy thick girls, but i dont want to be that way anymore. so im doing this for me. Razz any good workouts that target the bootay
milwaukeechick
milwaukeechick

Back to top Go down

Goal weight??? Empty Re: Goal weight???

Post by Lynnieluve 9th December 2010, 9:49 pm

Your hair is GAWGEOUS!!!!! Sorry I dont have any bootay exercises. LOL!!!

Check out the CurlFriends section and look for KinkySheaPT's thread. She a personal trainer and really nice. She will be able to give you some advice. Good luck.

BTW, how tall are you? I asked because the 154-156 range where I feel most comfortable. I'm 5'9
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th December 2010, 11:22 pm

I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 155. I've been hovering around 160 for a while, but its time to get those 5lbs off. Thankfully, I don't look like I weigh as much as I do, but I still want to lose the weight. Today my coworker offered me some cake, but I told him I'm on a diet. He says "if you get any smaller you'll blow away". I was like awww, thank you...but I still dont' want any cake.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th December 2010, 11:24 pm

@ BajanPrincess - The last month I have been hovering around 160. I had to step my workouts up. I was really enjoying running but I have to keep the variety (walking, running, elliptical, weights) to keep the weight off. I'm already down 2 lbs.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th December 2010, 11:32 pm

Lynnie - I have to step my game up too! I cut out sugar and bread (not just for weight, I've been breaking out lately) and started taking Body Pump in addition to my regular Zumba and Step Aerobics. How long did it take you to lose those 2lbs? Its so hard once you are close to your goal weight to lose more. Those few lbs are stubborn!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th December 2010, 11:44 pm

Yes, I hate when that happens!!! I've been at it for 2 weeks now. I am working out 4-5 days a week. I try to make sure I burn at least 500 calories each time I work out. I've been doing 45mins to one hour of cardio and weight training every other day. The only thing that sucks is "Aunt Flow" will be in town next week so I will probably gain those 2 lbs back.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by milwaukeechick 10th December 2010, 12:14 am

Do you have cheat days?? iom dying for one
milwaukeechick
milwaukeechick

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 10th December 2010, 1:44 am

Nah, I don't do cheat days. When it comes to sweets and comfort foods, I have no self-control! lol. Once I start eating them, they become a regular part of my diet. That is why I just have to cut stuff out!

Oh and running is good for the butt (if you're trying to lose it).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th December 2010, 2:56 am

milwaukeechick wrote:Do you have cheat days?? iom dying for one

I dont do cheat days but I do still enjoy the things I love....but in moderation. I'm like BajanPrincess though....lately I have been out of control with my sweet/junkfood intake...hence the weight gain. I have to get that back under control.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 10th December 2010, 3:24 pm

Oh and running is good for the butt (if you're trying to lose it).[/quote]

Is running really good for the butt, because i feel like mine has gotten bigger, but more shapely. It certainly has not decreased in size.

I dont even know what my goal weight is, probably somewhere in the 145-155 range, but i would not dare tell yall what i weight now, lets just say i have a ways to go.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by milwaukeechick 10th December 2010, 5:27 pm

Hey im i was 199 im now 189 and i still have a ways to go. Im hoping by feb im my goal weight..
milwaukeechick
milwaukeechick

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 10th December 2010, 7:27 pm

summerbreeze76 wrote:
Oh and running is good for the butt (if you're trying to lose it).
Is running really good for the butt, because i feel like mine has gotten bigger, but more shapely. It certainly has not decreased in size.

I dont even know what my goal weight is, probably somewhere in the 145-155 range, but i would not dare tell yall what i weight now, lets just say i have a ways to go.

I'm not an expert or anything, I was just going off my personal experience. When I added running (actually jogging) to my workout regimen my butt was really affected by it. I was running on a flat track (no hills or anything) so maybe that had something to do w/ it. I didn't get more shapely, it basically decreased in size along with the rest of my bottom 1/2.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 11th December 2010, 3:11 am

Milwaukee chick. The YMCA on north ave has wonderful workout classes. MPS department of rec also offers workout classes for cheap at local high schools in the evenings. my aunt teaches a couple at Marshall and theyre really good
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 11th December 2010, 3:14 am

banjan... i used to run over the summer at memorial and i started noticing a difference by week 2. i was toning alot but only mostly in my lower half. so excited its gonna be hot tommorrw, think im gonna be the first on the trail in the AM.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 11th December 2010, 7:55 pm

I'm about 147 (size 10-12ish) now and I would like to be around 135 (which I think would be a size Cool. I am 5'3. At my heaviest I was around 165.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 11th December 2010, 7:56 pm

I meant size 8. I don't know where Mr. Sunglasses came from in that post.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Goal weight??? Empty Tanks

Post by milwaukeechick 11th December 2010, 10:06 pm

blkbeauty2010 wrote:Milwaukee chick. The YMCA on north ave has wonderful workout classes. MPS department of rec also offers workout classes for cheap at local high schools in the evenings. my aunt teaches a couple at Marshall and theyre really good

Thanks are from wisconsin
milwaukeechick
milwaukeechick

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th December 2010, 2:49 pm

My goal weight is between 130-140. I am currently 176. I have been and am losing it slowly. I am 5'6". I know the reasons behind it. I just need to get more diligent about my eating.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 12th December 2010, 5:13 pm

milwaukeechick wrote:
blkbeauty2010 wrote:Milwaukee chick. The YMCA on north ave has wonderful workout classes. MPS department of rec also offers workout classes for cheap at local high schools in the evenings. my aunt teaches a couple at Marshall and theyre really good

Thanks are from wisconsin

yes born and raised in Milwaukee, but i currently live in Houston. When I lived there I used to work out at that Y. the membership is reasonable and they have a lot of intense classes, indoor track and pool with tons of equipment. It was just remodeled 2 years ago
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by faizjoks 13th December 2010, 5:40 am

YMCA of North Ave is a wonderful gym. MPS rec department also offers training flights in the evening the local high school. My aunt teaches a couple Marshall and they are really good.

faizjoks

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 15th December 2010, 12:15 pm

My goal weight is to be 130-135. I'm 5'10 and I'm 145.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2010, 1:27 pm

You want to be tiny. Smile
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 15th December 2010, 2:38 pm

My goal weight is 175. I'm sad to say that I currently weigh 209 Sad . It's hard for me to get support from friends, family, and even my boyfriend because I carry it well, according to them I don't look an ounce over 150lbs. Although I've gained a tremendous amount of weight this year my clothes still fit. I know a number is just a number, but I don't feel healthy Embarassed . Ive already started working out, I just have a hard time continuing when I start to see results. I dont really need to change my diet cuz I'm a healthy eater by nature and have been all my life just need to stay active. so far this is/will be my workout regime

Week 1-2
Zumba 3X's a week (M,W,F)
-for those who have access to this wonderful workout try it, it doesn't even feel like exercise because its so fun its also a great way to meet other ladies. Most classes are held at gyms and studios so you'll also have access to other resources the facility will offer. My Zumba studio currently offers "Zumba Tone" (to help tighten muscles) and will soon be offering belly dancing and yoga so I can use my facility pass to attend other classes to keep my workout interesting.

Week 3-8
Zumba 3X's a week (M,W,F)
Run 5k 2X's a week (T, TH)
- I used to run/jog/run-walk a 5k 5 days a week and began to see HUGE results by the end of week 2, but of course I fell of the work out wagon. When I get back on I will eventually add my wrist and ankle weights 2lbs each
Yoga 1X week (Sat AM)- this can be done as a cardio, toning, or stretching exercise and yields great results

I know it seems intense but i am the type of person who needs a consistent workout schedule for me to follow through. If I give myself too much leeway (ie too many breaks UNLESS my body needs it) I'll find an excuse to not return to the routine. Social gatherings, random appointments, school work, home work, and insignificant errands are not a good enough excuse for me to skip my workout... anymore (lol). If I can make time to so the things that are really not that important then i can make the time to exercise which will increase my quality and quantity of life (nothin like a fat day to make 24 hours seem like a million and make anything without an elastic waist seem like pure torture)
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th December 2010, 3:14 pm

Oh goodness I need to get back on track. I currently weigh 166 No . I've gained weight because I've been slacking with my workouts and eating foods I know I don't need to be eating. I'm 5'8 and I'm comfortable with my weight around 155. My weakness is bread and sweets also. Back in the summer I was working out four days a week and that has now dwindled down to two days a week.

I have started hitting the gym again and I have eliminated cheat days because I now see I have no self -control.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 15th December 2010, 3:22 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You want to be tiny. Smile

Lol. No, I just want to be healthy. Although I'm thin, I eat a lot of junk foods.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next