CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steamer, do we really need to do this?

+10
Shay Photography
Niqui36
Sebastain13
Ambitious_Tiff
mizcreativelyme
deeply_rooted_chick
popsbaby
Umph
FalconTress
kimc
14 posters

Go down

steamer - Steamer, do we really need to do this? Empty Steamer, do we really need to do this?

Post by kimc 9th December 2010, 12:55 pm

Do you steam your hair? Did you purchase a steamer? What difference have you seen in your hair since you started? Thank you
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

steamer - Steamer, do we really need to do this? Empty Re: Steamer, do we really need to do this?

Post by FalconTress 9th December 2010, 1:08 pm

I don't have a steamer. I do use the sauna at the gym to release toxins from my skin (which of course includes my scalp). I have noticed that my scalp itches less.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

steamer - Steamer, do we really need to do this? Empty Re: Steamer, do we really need to do this?

Post by Umph 9th December 2010, 1:13 pm

Someone please explain the purpose of the steamers?
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by kimc 9th December 2010, 1:15 pm

Umph wrote:Someone please explain the purpose of the steamers?

I'm with you! Someone saw a photo of my hair and said oh you must use a steamer!! I was like no, but should I??? LMAO
kimc
kimc

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 9th December 2010, 1:43 pm

I do have a steamer and I notice a difference. It cuts my DC time down substantially. It's basically a hood dryer with a coffee maker attached to it. Razz
Your pour water into the coffee maker, turn it on and it boiled the water.
The steam is disbursed through holes in the hood.
Supposedly, it helps condition 20x deeper. If nothing else, it's relaxing.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 9th December 2010, 1:48 pm

I'm sure you can get the same effect by using steam from your shower if you just hang around after your shower. I am cheap and think the whole thing is overrated.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 9th December 2010, 2:16 pm

The steam is really hot and shoots directly onto your hair. It takes about 20 minutes. I don't know about you, but if I can't stay in a hot shower for 20 minutes.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 9th December 2010, 2:55 pm

Although steam yields great benefits for natural hair, in my humble op I think the steamer is a "luxury" hair tool. Rolling Eyes If the same can be achieved via turban towel wrap atop shower cap, I'm good. Just depends on what one wants to spend their moo-la on.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 9th December 2010, 2:57 pm

Glad you asked this question kimc. I have been wondering about this too...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 9th December 2010, 3:29 pm

Here is the link to the website & maybe this will help you in your decision about the steamer
http://www.behuetiful.com/?gclid=CLK6x8Pl36UCFUHu7Qod0it6-g
Here is a reviews about it as well
http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/07/be-huetiful-steamer-review.html
Also check youtube
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 9th December 2010, 3:31 pm

It's basically a hood dryer with a coffee maker attached to it.
Your pour water into the coffee maker, turn it on and it boiled the water.
The steam is disbursed through holes in the hood.

The best description of a steamer I have read.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by kimc 9th December 2010, 3:34 pm

I already have the little hat with the gel packs in it, for my Deep conditioners. I think I will just stick that! :-)
kimc
kimc

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 9th December 2010, 4:28 pm

If you have a problem with dry hair, the steamer helps tremendously with that. It's helped my daughter's hair alot! Mine too. But it's probably not a necessity. Its a luxury, much like all the other products we tend to buy.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 9th December 2010, 4:31 pm

Thanks ladies for answering the question, I will pass on this item. Razz
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Photography 17th December 2010, 4:49 pm

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:I'm sure you can get the same effect by using steam from your shower if you just hang around after your shower. I am cheap and think the whole thing is overrated.

LOL HAVE YOU TRIED IT? =)
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

http://www.wix.com/sheilajames03/thenikonqueen

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 17th December 2010, 9:10 pm

This is a great post, because I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for sharing this info ladies.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 17th December 2010, 10:47 pm

I recently received a Steamer for x-mas, (my daughter bought me one, yes I opened it early) I agree a Steamer is a luxury item so is more then two pair of black shoes, or boots. (lol)

I could used my shower I guess however when deep conditioning; I want to feel great results and I didn't feel it with my heating cap which have coils and my dryer practically dried my hair during the deep conditioning process .

curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 17th December 2010, 11:35 pm

This summer I got a deep conditioner treatment which involved a steamer over the summer and I really didn't see a difference in my hair.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by nitia715 17th December 2010, 11:36 pm

I am still debating on whether or not I want to splurge on a steamer. I already own a hood dryer, and recently read that I could achieve the same results as a steamer by: placing a shower cap on dc'd hair, laying 2 wet washclothes atop shower cap and covering with a 2nd shower cap. I tried this technique the last time i dc'd and was pleased with the results. My hair felt moisturized and softer than when i dc under the hood dryer alone.

nitia715

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down