CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shea moisture smootie or hair milk?

+7
AimWard
Renny
kelleemudiva
patmichele
LaToya28
AllNaturalBeauty
CiaE
11 posters

Go down

shea moisture smootie or hair milk? Empty shea moisture smootie or hair milk?

Post by CiaE 3rd December 2010, 11:09 pm

is there anyway i can use these as a deep conditioner??
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

shea moisture smootie or hair milk? Empty Re: shea moisture smootie or hair milk?

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 5th December 2010, 6:14 pm

You can use the Shea Moisture Smoothie as a DT, just apply it to wet hair and it's recommended that you leave it in for 15 minutes and then rinse. Very Happy Great product!
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

shea moisture smootie or hair milk? Empty Re: shea moisture smootie or hair milk?

Post by LaToya28 6th December 2010, 11:06 am

That interesting...never thought to use it that way, but it just might work!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 6th December 2010, 7:47 pm

I don't know about that...I have both products and haven't seen or read that they can be used as a DC. I know the line has the mask that can be used as a deep conditioner (it's the one with the golden label). The ones with the pink label are not DC (at least not officially).
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 8th December 2010, 12:25 pm

I used the SheaMoisture deep condition mask last night and I notice that my hair really liked it. I recently have been noticing that my hair is starting to shed/break when I style or wash it (poo and cowash). I cowashed my hair with HH and noticed little curls getting rinsed away. after sitting under the dryer for 30 min with the mask and rinsing I noticed less hair coming out. Then I began to style my hair and hardly any came out. The mask was suppose to impart moisture and strength into my hair and I think that it definitely helped with strength but if I added honey to this mix I would definitely have the moisture that it needs.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th December 2010, 12:27 pm

I won't think you can use either of those as a DC treatment. That's not what they're for.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 8th December 2010, 6:48 pm

You absolutely can use the Smoothie as a deep condish. The ingredients are a dead giveaway that it can be used as a deep condish. Actually, that's the way I prefer it and Shea moisture also recommends it for that purpose as well. The link below takes you Shea Moisture's website. It's a PDF file that lists all the ingredients of their Target products and the uses. Under The Smoothie it says,

"Dispense a dime‐size amount into hands and
massage into damp or dry hair. Style as desired. May
also be used as a deep conditioner; apply to wet hair
and leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly
."

Check it out here:
http://www.sheamoisture.com/files/SheaMoisture_Organic_Hair_Products_Info%208.18.10.pdf
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th December 2010, 8:45 pm

Well that settles that. I don't use it anymore, but thanks Aim.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 8th December 2010, 9:49 pm

AimWard wrote:You absolutely can use the Smoothie as a deep condish. The ingredients are a dead giveaway that it can be used as a deep condish. Actually, that's the way I prefer it and Shea moisture also recommends it for that purpose as well. The link below takes you Shea Moisture's website. It's a PDF file that lists all the ingredients of their Target products and the uses. Under The Smoothie it says,

"Dispense a dime‐size amount into hands and
massage into damp or dry hair. Style as desired. May
also be used as a deep conditioner; apply to wet hair
and leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly
."

Check it out here:
http://www.sheamoisture.com/files/SheaMoisture_Organic_Hair_Products_Info%208.18.10.pdf

Thanks for posting the pdf because so many of us have wondered for awhile exactly how to use some of the SheaMoisture line products and this document to my knowledge wasn't on the website for the company previously. I actually melted some of my Smoothie last night and added some coconut oil and jojoba to it in order to smooth it out some and I'm happy to say it worked. So I'm going to use it as a moisturizing cream for my twists when I wash my hair and see how that works out. Good looking out on the info :-)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 8th December 2010, 11:29 pm

Wow thanks for the info AimWard....Learn something new everyday! Cool cause my hair doesn't like it on twist out
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 9th December 2010, 3:22 pm

Yes, thanks so muc AimWard! I was thinking of giving this product away, but I think I'll try it as a DC and see how it performs.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Myeka33 22nd December 2010, 12:43 pm

Thanks Aim! I like this product and I'm glad to know that it's versatile
Myeka33
Myeka33

Back to top Go down

Post by kellistarr 23rd January 2011, 12:20 pm

I like the SheaMoisture Line, but I wish that they would title their Curl Enhancing Smoothie something else. I consider it to be a butter. Anyway, I find using it at as DC treatment quite interesting and will try this at some point. Also, for me, it is effective on wet hair, or with water (as in spritzing) it isn't effective for me on dry hair.
kellistarr
kellistarr

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd January 2011, 3:21 pm

I recently came across the Shea Moisture Reconstructive Conditioner at Target.

LOVES it! cheers It says it can be used as a leave-in or a rinse out condish. I used it as a DC...kept it on about 2 hours...it worked well.

I'm a Shea Moisture girl. I use the smoothie for twisting and the hair milk for "refreshing" my twist out or when re-twisting during the week. Hmmm...maybe I'll try the smoothie for a DC. Very Happy

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down