CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bee mine and Afroveda

+7
KinkyNappyHappy
Neems
jeanlouisangel
Niqui36
justicenga
one.tru.luv
kimc
11 posters

Go down

Bee mine and Afroveda Empty Bee mine and Afroveda

Post by kimc 30th November 2010, 4:21 pm

I used Bee Mine Curly butter last night and I love the definition in my twist out and even a little bounce. But I just had to buy the Afroveda whipped gelly to see how this will work for my hair. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Has anyone tried both? Which did you like better?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Bee mine and Afroveda Empty Re: Bee mine and Afroveda

Post by one.tru.luv 30th November 2010, 9:40 pm

I'm finishing up my pur whipped gelly that I bought last year. I bought the 32 oz and its carried me more than a year. I think its a great product when you apply to wet hair. It provides a soft hold that I love but because of the price hike, I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'm waiting on Qhemet's honeybush gel. that i heard you can apply to wet or dry hair. and that will be a bonus to apply to dry hair in the winter!

Last edited by one.tru.luv on 1st December 2010, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out somethings)
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 4th December 2010, 2:45 pm

I LOVE woot! AfroVeda pur whipped gelly. Price hike and all!
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 5th December 2010, 9:05 pm

I love the pur whipped gelly! I actually like it best when used for a dry twist out. I love the Bee Mine as well on either wet or dry hair. I use either one based on what on feel like smelling. lol!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 6th December 2010, 2:41 am

Kim C. I am feeling the pics...Nice..I guess Bee Mine is something I ought to try...but I was trying to slow it down on the products..lol
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 6th December 2010, 1:53 pm

@justicenga your hair looks so fly. How did you do that style???
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 23rd December 2010, 5:45 am

i can fairly assess the Qhemet's honeybush tea gel. i LOVE it far better than the pur whipped gelly. i can apply it to wet or dry hair and it doesn't flake. i could only apply the pur whipped gelly to wet hair. it has a soft hold and my hair is shiny.

afroveda has been officially replaced!
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th January 2011, 8:43 am

I love, love, love, AfroVeda's Pur Whipped Gelly. I've been able to apply to wet and dry hair!!! What I love most about AfroVeda's products are the great ingredients!!!

I've noticed that Qhemet's gel provides a soft hold....my hair needs something that will give me a little more hold than that.

Like Bee Mine, but I did find it to be a bit drying!!

Oh.....AfroVeda had a price adjustment...lower prices on her butters!!! cheers
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 8th January 2011, 5:01 am

@KinkyNappyHappy I have to agree with you on the drying effect of the Bee Mine Curly Butter but I've also noticed that you're in Tx as well. If I'm not mistaken, Bee Mine's curly butter has glycerin as one of their ingredients and using glycerine during the colder months could cause your hair to look and feel dried out because it's a humectant which draws moisture from the air into your hair. If the air is dry then your hair will be dry. I guess I'll have to shelf this until the summer Sad but it does smell good!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th January 2011, 2:22 pm

[quote="KinkyNappyHappy"]I love, love, love, AfroVeda's Pur Whipped Gelly. I've been able to apply to wet and dry hair!!! What I love most about AfroVeda's products are the great ingredients!!!

I've noticed that Qhemet's gel provides a soft hold....my hair needs something that will give me a little more hold than that.

Like Bee Mine, but I did find it to be a bit drying!!

Oh.....AfroVeda had a price adjustment...lower prices on her butters!!! cheers [/quot

And they changed the ingredients to some cheapie crap in the beginning of December as well. Not just the butters changed the our whipped gelly did too. This is the what fourth time she changed the ingredients in four months, sorry but I can deal with a company testing their products out on my hair, then lying and plus the price hike crap, yeah um no, mall has been replaced. You never know what ur gonna get from them . Sad to watch people buy that stuff early December with the cheap products then a few days later she lowers the price with the same cheap crap stuff she sold a few days ago.

I replaced my whipped gelly with dacrys and also use the hairveda base brand whipped gelly.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberBrown 14th January 2011, 9:36 pm

I love love love Afroveda's PUR whipped Jelly. One of the best things to ever happen to my hair! (and I've been natural all my life, so that's saying a lot lol). I received my product in late December and my jar's ingredient list matches that on the website...would anyone with an older jar mind listing the older ingredients so I can know what I missed out on? (not much of a miss though bc the new ingredients are the BOMB.COM!!) lol

Never tried Bee Mine so I cannot attest Smile
AmberBrown
AmberBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 30th January 2011, 7:30 pm

Hi, can someone tell me how they use the Shea Amla. I have read nothing but glowing rave reviews about this product, but while my hair feels just okay, it's looks dry and dull. I applied it to clean dry hair, that I applied a littel moisturizer to just before applying the Shea Amla. I don't know if that was incorrect, or if I just applied too much. I tend to be heavy handed with products. Please any advice is appreciated. thx
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down