CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick color release henna

2 posters

Go down

Quick color release henna Empty Quick color release henna

Post by DreamMerchant 28th November 2010, 4:48 pm

I am sitting here with henna on my hair right now. I think I found my henna mix because the dye release very quickly today. Here is my mix:
2 boxes of Jamila
2.5 cups boiling hot water
1/2 cup honey
3 black tea/almond tea bags
3 black tea bags
1/4 vinegar
2 squirts of lemon juice

Wow, that is a very acidic mixture now that I am looking at it. Anyway, I steeped the tea bags for 5 minutes. Then I poured the honey into the hot water mixture so that it could dissolve into the water. I tried mixing it directly into the henna mix before and that was not cool. I squirted some lemon juice into the water and mixed a little more. Took out the tea bags and poured the liquid onto the henna. I mixed it up and then added the vinegar. I let it sit for a minute because I had to shampoo my hair real quick. I like applying henna to freshly washed, damp hair. It took about 20 minutes to put the henna on my hair. When I went o clean up a dollop that fell on the tile, it had already stained it! Woopsey! Baking Soda and warm water takes it right off without scratching my tile. I put a plastic conditioning cap on then wrapped my hair in saran wrap. I should have done this last night so that I could keep it in longer but oh well. I did it at 10am and I will wash it out at 6pm. Will post pics this afternoon.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Quick color release henna Empty Re: Quick color release henna

Post by Madeaj 28th November 2010, 10:16 pm

Yeah, hot liquids make the henna release its color fast. Be careful, though. Too hot and it will kill the dye (and strenghtening) capabilities real quick. I'm glad you found your mixture. Please post your results. Two boxes of Jamilla? 200 grams right?

I scoured my bathroom after the henna and I still find a teeny spot every once in while. Next time I'm applying in the backyard. The cold will make me go quicker so I can get inside. Razz Laughing rendeer
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 28th November 2010, 10:53 pm

Oooh I did not know that if it was too hot then that was bad. I could poke my finger in it without being burned so I hope that I did not ill the good stuff! As soon as I am done twisting, I will post!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down