CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

+34
Kea::curls
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
ChrsLvsBks
Smooth Jazz Luvr
j. kinky
DreamMerchant
mverde3
LadyMika
DivaDreamgirl
Kittabug
mstokes2008
CurlyChefRobin
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
queenshakirah
Sebastain13
NubieNatty
cyclingchick
Ebbz
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
freckledmom4
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
mizcreativelyme
Thinice
Renny
MissyCee
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
rayray19
38 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

Post by CrissyQ 6th December 2010, 9:33 am

You are doing a wonderful job with your hair. I want to try something with avocado in it I just dont know what. Burt Bees has a great avocado deep conditioner I think i might pick that up. I dont have time for all the mixing LOL. (send me some of yours) lol!

I will keep up with you and your progress. TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

Post by MissyCee 7th December 2010, 12:45 am

I tried twisting while my hair was dry and mucho volume. Mom even said it looked great. I'm happy now!! I found a cute cap to wear from Target with a lining for those I don't feel like doing my hair days. I might hold out from getting those kinky twists or braids, things are looking better.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th December 2010, 8:56 am

So how do you rip an avocado? You are doing a great job with your hair. Qhemet products got me through last winter!! Great stuff!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 8th December 2010, 3:55 pm

MissyCee wrote:I tried twisting while my hair was dry and mucho volume. Mom even said it looked great. I'm happy now!! I found a cute cap to wear from Target with a lining for those I don't feel like doing my hair days. I might hold out from getting those kinky twists or braids, things are looking better.

I have to run by target and get my a beanie with satin it too..because i usually wear my bonnet under my beanie or hat and it annoys me..so it would be great to have them combined like that

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:So how do you rip an avocado? You are doing a great job with your hair. Qhemet products got me through last winter!! Great stuff!!

When you go to the grocery store usually the acocado that are ripe will have a sticker on them..there the darkest ones and feel real soft
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Empty I love banding!!

Post by rayray19 8th December 2010, 4:13 pm

ok so this weekend on my wash day i tried something different instead of twisting my hair wet..I decided to band my hair with some goodey rubber bands to stretch my hair out..I love how twisting on dry hair gives me soo much volume and shows how my length..

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Pictur34
this is my hair banded..I know i look crazy!! lol my roommates took soo many pics of me to laugh at

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Pictur35

this is how my hair looked after I took the bands out..

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Pictur36

my twist never looked so long before!! YAY for growth!!
now for the results!!!
banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Pictur37
oh yea excuse the bags under the eyes!! exams started this week so sleep is a very limited thing at the moment..but i will be going home this weekend for winter break to catch up on it

my twist out has never been this big after a wash day..I'm in love with banding!!!
banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Pictur38
I plan on banding my hair on wash days from now on to achieve a much bigger twist out and show off my length like i stated before my shrinkage is the worst

cheers
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2010, 4:18 pm

Very cute!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 8th December 2010, 5:38 pm

hmmmmmm. I might have to try this method....i hate how much my hair shrinks. My hair has so many coils in it but you can't tell because they shrink and shrivel up to my scalp and all you can see is 4b(ish) texture. lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 8th December 2010, 7:04 pm

Thank you for sharing this. Yup, I am going to try banding once I take the mini twists down.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th December 2010, 7:28 pm

Your hair has really grown! I need to try that method...my shrinkage is crazy too. I swear I'm going to have a TWA for 2 years. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 8th December 2010, 10:57 pm

Very cute!! And such a easy idea. You know I will be trying......... Your hair looks so much longer!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 8th December 2010, 11:38 pm

Cute Cute Cute!!!!!! Good job Ray queen
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 9th December 2010, 12:20 am

Great growth, rayray. I'll have to try that banding technique when mine grows out some more. Did you measure, yet? I swear it looks 4" at least.
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 9th December 2010, 3:31 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Very cute!
Thanks!!!
Ebbz wrote:hmmmmmm. I might have to try this method....i hate how much my hair shrinks. My hair has so many coils in it but you can't tell because they shrink and shrivel up to my scalp and all you can see is 4b(ish) texture. lol
lol yea mines is the same when my hair is wet it looks like i have an inch of hair!! I refuse to wear wash n go's anymore because they do no justice to my length..
Thinice wrote:Thank you for sharing this. Yup, I am going to try banding once I take the mini twists down.
Glad to help:)
cyclingchick wrote:Your hair has really grown! I need to try that method...my shrinkage is crazy too. I swear I'm going to have a TWA for 2 years. LOL
lol im with you..shrinkage aint no joke!!! Thats why im searching for all types of ways to stretch my hair
MissyCee wrote:Very cute!! And such a easy idea. You know I will be trying......... Your hair looks so much longer!!!
Thanks!! give it a try im sure you will receive the same amount of volume
jeanlouisangel wrote:Cute Cute Cute!!!!!! Good job Ray queen
Thanks!!Smile
natchralme wrote:Great growth, rayray. I'll have to try that banding technique when mine grows out some more. Did you measure, yet? I swear it looks 4" at least.
wow u think so?!?! I really need to measure it but for some reason nobody on a college campus seems to have rulers lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th December 2010, 9:00 am

hey ray!! welcome!!! u are looking like a PRO over here in such a short time. i didnt even think of banding at 4 months and u have amazing growth! ur doing a superb job and that avocado mix looks good. ive never seen it so creamy n smooth. looking good honey Very Happy
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th December 2010, 2:46 pm

Ok my new pic is after a dry twist out. I am even trying a headband!!! I like very much!!!.... Thanks for the info and how to do this...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Empty Time to tuck these curls away!!

Post by rayray19 13th December 2010, 7:32 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hey ray!! welcome!!! u are looking like a PRO over here in such a short time. i didnt even think of banding at 4 months and u have amazing growth! ur doing a superb job and that avocado mix looks good. ive never seen it so creamy n smooth. looking good honey Very Happy
Aww thanks!! my family thinks im crazy for putting "juices and berries" (thats what my dad calls it) in my hair
MissyCee wrote:Ok my new pic is after a dry twist out. I am even trying a headband!!! I like very much!!!.... Thanks for the info and how to do this...
CUTE!! Glad I could help

ok so Im officially on my winter break..and getting really anxious to see my grades for this semester!!
This break is also a break for my hair..I plan on keeping my hair in twist, and only wearing a twist out if i go out (which wont be a lot I get very lazy on breaks lol, I enjoy just being home to relax!! college life keeps me busy busy busy)

This has to be one of the coldest winter SC has ever had..the weather even called for a chance of SNOW!! in SC?? yea so I haven't been wearing my hair out much beanies and hats have been my friends for the past 2 weeks..Im thinking about getting Senegalese twist as a protective style over my break

banding - RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 2 Pictur41
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 13th December 2010, 8:00 pm

ray ur hair looks great I have done the banding method & the pineapple technique as well It gives me great volume I love it You have done so well with your hair I dont wear alot of hats but it has been cold here in NC too
Enjoy your break rendeer
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 13th December 2010, 8:04 pm

Cute hat! Anybody ever told you that you look like Mary J. Blige?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 13th December 2010, 8:24 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:ray ur hair looks great I have done the banding method & the pineapple technique as well It gives me great volume I love it You have done so well with your hair I dont wear alot of hats but it has been cold here in NC too
Enjoy your break rendeer
Thanks!1 i have to try the pineapple technique..mines would multi pineapples until I get more length

LaToya28 wrote:Cute hat! Anybody ever told you that you look like Mary J. Blige?

thanks and lol yes i get that alot actually
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 16th December 2010, 12:39 am

Looking good rayray!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th December 2010, 8:21 am

LaToya28 (13th December 2010, 5:04 pm) wrote:Cute hat! Anybody ever told you that you look like Mary J. Blige?

Toya I was looking at her pictures and thinking the SAME THING!!!

RayRay....you do look like MJB!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th December 2010, 8:25 am

I'm glad the banding method worked for you. Your stretched twist out does show your length more! Looking good!! Very Happy

Enjoy your winter break...my son is home as well, and I'm so enjoying him!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th December 2010, 9:34 am

Hey Rayray and Welcome,

This is my first time over here. Your hair has grown a lot since your BC and it looks really healthy. Keep up the good work!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 20th December 2010, 4:46 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm glad the banding method worked for you. Your stretched twist out does show your length more! Looking good!! Very Happy

Enjoy your winter break...my son is home as well, and I'm so enjoying him!!

thanks!! aww I think my mama is enjoying me being home too..at least that's what she says lol
krazy coils wrote:Hey Rayray and Welcome,

This is my first time over here. Your hair has grown a lot since your BC and it looks really healthy. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!! right now i think my growth is slowing down though..but i think im thinking about it too much..so now im just going to forget growth and focus on protective styles and moisture
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 20th December 2010, 2:11 pm

Very nice picture!!!! Love the silver.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next