CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde hair

3 posters

Go down

Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde hair Empty Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde hair

Post by chynadoll8799 24th November 2010, 8:13 pm

I was wondering if anyone else had this experience.
I am transitioning my hair (6-7 months...i dont really keep track or have an anniversary, its not important to me that much) and I have noticed that if i wash my hair and let it air dry, my new growth, esp on the edges, is dry, hard, and bushy. But once I put a product in it, such as gel or cantu shea butter, it waves up. the gel makes it APPEAR soft and shiny and wavy (really only makes it hard and wavy) and it will lay down in a bun very nicely, but without product, my hair just doesnt look very nice. well at least *I* dont like the way it looks.
is this typical?
I almost feel like...when I am finally completely natural there is no way I could do a wash no go cause it just looks a HOT MESS!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde hair Empty Re: Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde hair

Post by FalconTress 24th November 2010, 9:34 pm

Hello chynadoll8799,

my new growth, esp on the edges, is dry, hard, and bushy

Is this drastically different from what your new growth was like when you were perming?

when I am finally completely natural there is no way I could do a wash no go

I don't think everyone can literally "Wash and Go." Some people get good results with just rinse-out conditioner (In the summer after shampooing, I would apply Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner, rinse it out, blot my hair and twist it while damp) Some need a leave-in conditioner (I recently added the Kimmaytube leave-in to my regimen) and/or a styling gel, lotion or custard for hold & definition to achieve and maintain the look that they desire. You may get better results by applying an oil to seal in moisture vefore applying your styling gel.

What shampoos/cleansers and conditioners are you using? Are you Deep Conditioning your hair?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 30th November 2010, 1:52 pm

Yeah when I transitioned I couldnt wait to do a wash n go.. Little did I know that I cannot literally just wash my hair and go without it shrinking up to a twa or looking a hot ass mess(in my opinion)!!! So everyones texture doesnt allow them to wash their hair and go and you might have to come to a realization that in order to achieve that "wash n go" look, you will need to use some kind or product or manipulation to achieve it. I don't really have curls, they are more of coils and I am doing twist outs, braid outs, something like that to achieve a defined style/look. I rarely do wash n go's also because it makes my detangling process brutal when it is just free like that.

There are products out there known as curl definers/stylers that will give you that wash ng go look as well.

HTH!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down