CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle Teezer Anyone?

+36
Happy2B
Lynnieluve
Umph
JazmineB
Tnt38
JossBella
sydnisd183
Miki
gie
Sebastain13
Keisha
jcokes
Sequoia
BattleKat
CocaColaCutie
TriniCherryPrincess
LCnewjourney
TheRYL1
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
newday
krazy coils
curlista
Color_Me_Coily
Ravie11
blkbeauty2010
crimsonpeach
PrincessRN
fuzzypuff
bushbaby
Butterfly126
DreamMerchant
Talisa3636
morenachula
Niqui36
mahoganytresses
40 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tangle Teezer Anyone? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tangle Teezer Anyone?

Post by cagebird 10th March 2011, 9:51 pm

I am on the fence about buying a TT myself. I really want one, but I will wait a few more months, to see if any more negative reviews come about.
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th March 2011, 2:12 am

I think I am definitely in the minority on not liking this product. I didn't like it because I felt like it was waaaay too much brushing of the hair strands to get it detangled. The hair was wet and had conditioner. Normally, I use my fingers and use a Jilbere seamless shower comb and I am done in an hour.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it....................... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nappyme 17th March 2011, 11:06 am

Here to add my two cents. Two words. LOVE It! Can't say enough good things about it. I have thick (density), coarse 4B hair. It's BSL and for years I've mostly finger detangled because I don't like how rough the denman was on my hair. I ONLY used the denman because it's the only thing I've ever found that could get through my hair and get most of the shed hair out. But I had to use it sparingly.

Now the first time I saw the TT I thought, "geeze that thing looks evil!" But then I started checking out various YouTube vids making sure to find folks that had similar texture to mine and I was pretty impressed.

Then I remembered seeing a post by Mwedzi (some of y'all may be familiar with her) on my own hairboard. Her hair is twice as thick as mine and looks to be almost waist length by now. She loved it. So I thought wow if her she can handle it and she loves it, I should at least give it a try.

I did and one pass through one of my twists, and I was totally sold.

Here are my reasons

1) Detangles THOROUGHLY

2) Gets gently all the way down to the scalp and get every little stray/shed hair out without causing hardly any breakage. (Tender-headed folks should love this)

3) Prevents knots from forming as you work the shed hair out as well.

4) Works it's way into matted hair and knots and get them out with ease

5) Smooths the cuticle, and depending on the texture create more sheen or shine

6) Stretches the hair, making more of your length available to you to create styles you couldn't previously do

7) Depending on the style and your texture, creates more volume, better define curls or waves (if you've got 'em to define)

8 ) Makes it easier to take locs out (Yep...even saw that reported in one of the previous threads)

9) Decreases detangling time (this should have been number one)

10) Prolong styles. According to OHR, she was able to wear a twistout for six days after using the TT.

Disclaimer: I can't vouch personally for numbers 7 (the curl/wave definition part), 8 and 10. But I can definitely cosign on everything else.

One more thing to add, no I haven't experienced any more split ends than normal and at this point, I've kicked my Denman to the curb!
Nappyme
Nappyme

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 23rd March 2011, 12:15 pm

I love love love the tangle teezer. I used it last nite on and old twist out. I sprayed my hair with my leave in, curl enhancing smoothie and eco styler and brushed through with no problem. I can't wait to use it on wet hair. I have get back to sally's to get another for back up.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3