CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drastic shedding

3 posters

Go down

drastic shedding Empty drastic shedding

Post by purplec18 20th November 2010, 1:48 pm

Ok...... pale so my hair is like shedding at the top the back is fine...the hair is still thick but the middle and top where my natural roots are thickening feels like...my hair is getting really think and in some spots the whole relaxed ends break off. I want to cut my relaxed ends in July...but can i make it that long? will may hair....... Shocked idk...anyone else experience this problem? what to do??? and btw I am 9 months into transitioning
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

drastic shedding Empty Re: drastic shedding

Post by LittleOne 20th November 2010, 5:30 pm

LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 20th November 2010, 7:45 pm

Thanks, that was very helpful was that you in the picture? or just a random person? What's HTH mean? confused
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 20th November 2010, 7:56 pm

Lol, no that was a photo from the Hair Liberty website. HTH means "hope that helps" Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 20th November 2010, 8:03 pm

Oh sorry and yeah it did
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 20th November 2010, 11:23 pm

Hello, purplec18

my hair is like shedding at the top.......in some spots the whole relaxed ends break off

What does your most recent regimeninclude?(products, tools & technique) How are you styling your hair? Any extraordinary stress in your life lately? (as I recall you are in school) Are you on any medication that could be contributing to the problem?

Here are 2 videos about shedding/breakage that may help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqSCylhBF3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0933yP3Ey8

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 21st November 2010, 2:14 am

my regimen includes now washing with tresumme naturals...and deep conditioned with idk i dont have a staple deep conditioner so anything i pick up at the store...e.g. hask placent and repleshing pak by organic root stimulator that's what i used lately I put a leave-in of evoo and shea butter but i dont do it more than once a week and my hair tends to dry out and either im too lazy Embarassed tired...or forget to refresh and thats about it i get a little frustrated and do admit i am a little harsh when i detangler maybe i need a dentangler so when im harsh my hair is protected ill watch the videos thanks for the response and im glad to know that someone else out there is going through the same problem we'll work it out together i guess
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down