CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominician Blow Out Grows My Hair

5 posters

Go down

Dominician Blow Out Grows My Hair Empty Dominician Blow Out Grows My Hair

Post by NaturalMahogany 19th November 2010, 1:53 am

In my current profession as a teacher, my days run together so recently I have been going to a stylist. I have been getting my hair deep conditioned with Biolage Moisturizing Conditioner and then she uses the titanium professional blow dryer and blow out my hair. Then I get it flat ironed. I know that I am suppose to stay away from heat, but it actually has been growing my hair just as fast. Is it a good idea to continue doing this and possibly doing DC at home during the off week?

NaturalMahogany

http://naturalmahogany.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Dominician Blow Out Grows My Hair Empty Re: Dominician Blow Out Grows My Hair

Post by laleepop14 19th November 2010, 12:27 pm

I think it is okay to do that, but you need to be careful of heat damage.

Do you plan on wearing your hair in its curly state or straight? I think that if you aren't going to be wearing that many curly styles then it shouldnt be a problem. There are lots of naturals who wear their hair straight instead of curly. I am pretty new to this and don't know for sure.. But I was actually considering this method because when my hair is blow dried, or even flat ironed it cuts back on single strand knots and my split ends. It also makes styling easier for me during the following weeks.

Another main reason for considering this method is my hair is very coily and doesnt really "curl" up without some kind of products. So being that I still need to do something to achieve a "curly look", why not go the route that will be easier to mantain..

So I think its whatever works best for you and how you plan to wear your hair..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 19th November 2010, 12:58 pm

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but when i asked for advice on here the ladies said using heat all the time theres a chance you natural curl pattern might get damaged. So im afraid of that, because one of my reasons for transtitioning is because im curious about my curly texture. So i wouldnt want to go through this long journey for nothing and then not have hardly have any curls. I dont know though, i think in my opinion its ok to blow dry sometimes, but it really depends on what you are looking for out of growing your hair natural. If u dont care about keeping your curls then yea do what you like, but if you do i wouldnt recommend it.

When i straighten i only plan to on holidays sometimes or special occassion depending on what the occassion stands for.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 19th November 2010, 9:17 pm

You could end up with heat damage if you apply heat too often. Then in addition to growing out the relaxer (you're planning a two year transition, right?), you would also have to grow out the heat damage. For me it's just not worth the risk. I'm planning to transition with minimal heat application. I'm even thinking of doing roller sets for length checks instead of flat ironing my hair.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 20th November 2010, 6:41 pm

I have a friend who has been natural all her life, and throughout high school and college and recently she has decided to wear her hair w/o heat styling and she realized that she has some sections of hair that won't curl/kink up. But not only that, her hair is half the length it used to be before she started doing a lot of heat styling and she also says it seems weak as well. I don't think you are doomed to heat damage and broken hair, but that is the most likely outcome if you heat style too much. I think every two weeks is way too much, especially for the blow out AND flat iron.

I'm sure it depends on your hair, the tools, heat protectant and some other factors but look into it some more before you make your decision. You may be able to deal w/heat damaged/permanently straight hair, but I would think the breakage would be a huge issue. Good Luck
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down