CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help)

3 posters

Go down

Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help) Empty Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help)

Post by Curly Film Chick 15th November 2010, 12:49 pm

hey ladies, so I made an appointment for this coming Sunday to get my hair hi-lighted at an Aveda salon. I know that their coloring services are like 96% natural or something and I use BAQ henna. When I had my consultation I told the colorist that I last had hi lights about a year and a half ago that have since become red since using henna and she didn't seem to alarmed that I used henna when I told her the colors I am going for (chocolate brown and "golden" brown). I just want to know if anyone has any info about coloring over henna. Thanks in advance!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help) Empty Re: Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help)

Post by Curly Film Chick 16th November 2010, 12:55 pm

*bump*
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help) Empty Re: Getting Hi lights Over Henna (need help)

Post by Madeaj 16th November 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi

I don't know about coloring over henna, but someone over at the Henna for hair forum might be able to answer your question. The administrators are very knowledgable.

Henna Forums
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 17th November 2010, 12:55 pm

thanks for the info!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 19th November 2010, 10:13 pm

I have done henna three times and I just got highlights last week. My stylist told me that since henna is a vegetable product it coats the hair and as a result it may change the outcome. She told me that either (1) it would not color the strands evenly, (2) it may turn it some crazy color other than what is desired or (3) it will be just fine. Because of this she would not do my whole head that day and opted to do a strand test in two sections of my hair. Those two tests came out just the way I wanted them so I rescheduled and got the rest done and they turned out great!!

I haven't henna'd since so I dont know what it will do from here. I would definitey ask again to make sure she actually knew what henna was before she colors your hair though! HTH!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 21st November 2010, 11:53 am

DivaDreamgirl wrote:I have done henna three times and I just got highlights last week. My stylist told me that since henna is a vegetable product it coats the hair and as a result it may change the outcome. She told me that either (1) it would not color the strands evenly, (2) it may turn it some crazy color other than what is desired or (3) it will be just fine. Because of this she would not do my whole head that day and opted to do a strand test in two sections of my hair. Those two tests came out just the way I wanted them so I rescheduled and got the rest done and they turned out great!!

I haven't henna'd since so I dont know what it will do from here. I would definitey ask again to make sure she actually knew what henna was before she colors your hair though! HTH!

Thank you! That is incredibly helpful to know! I'm actually heading out to my appointment now and I'm a little nervous. I'm not getting drastic colors-just browns, but I'm hoping it turns out okay.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down