my hair won't curl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my hair won't curl

Post by tanming on 15th November 2010, 10:58 am

Hi...I'm new this forum so will try to keep this short. I had shoulder length, thin hair that curled from bottom, not the root. Because it was breaking over 9 months I cut it off to the top of my ears in an old fashioned wedge shape, now it won't curl. I think it's because I need length for it to curl. So what can it do with it now? I am so upset i'm thinking of cutting it even shorter...a pixie cut. I need help!!! Thanks

tanming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my hair won't curl

Post by dajewel on 15th November 2010, 12:05 pm

have u been pressing ur hair on the regular? if so, it prolly means u have heat damage

dajewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey on 15th November 2010, 12:41 pm

What dajewel said.

PaganWifey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tanming on 15th November 2010, 3:50 pm

Thanks for your help, but here is more info. I have never relaxed,straightened or done anything chemically to my hair, never even coloured it. Decided to let the grey grow in as nature planned it. I don't even blow dry my hair, I have always air dried it. It's biracial hair that just will not curl the shorter is gets, it tends to lay flat, frizz free like a little boys cut. But right now it is that in between length and I don't know how to get it to curl naturally. I guess I will either have to cut in very short as before or hang in till it grows out. Any suggestions?

tanming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses on 15th November 2010, 6:03 pm

I have a few grey hairs on my head and all of them grow in coarse and mostly straight. I didnt notice this until I started transitioning (because before, all my hair was straight). I did some research a few months back and many people experience the same thing. I haven't been able to find a rationale as to why the texture change occurs, but I do know that our hair's curl pattern is determined by the shape of our hair follicles, and that we grey because of lack of melanin. Maybe the lack of melanin affects the follicle and in turn changes our curl pattern (just an idea!) I don't know if there is much you can do to help with the texture, but you can always cover the grey with some form of color.

mahoganytresses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel on 15th November 2010, 8:27 pm

what r u doing to try to achieve the curl look?

dajewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tanming on 15th November 2010, 8:56 pm

thanks...dajewel, i shampoo once a week with nexus, but condition everyday. once a week i may use evoo. when my hair was long i used curl keeper which was great on my hair, not anymore. i apply when wet and scrunch my hair then air dry. the problem is my hair is mulitextured and does not curl from the root only from the bottom as it gets weight and length, but right now the longest part is just above my ears. what i want to know is there anything i can do to make it curl because right now it is just straight and sticking out all over. i guess i will be back in headbands for awhile!

tanming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana on 15th November 2010, 9:13 pm

You can try using less product or lighter, more water-based products. I also had this problem where my hair towards the front would have this thin weird long wave and it turned out that I was just weighing the hair down too much.

Bun_Ana

View user profile http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum