CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please!

3 posters

Go down

Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please! Empty Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please!

Post by QueenCrystal 13th November 2010, 9:13 am

Very Happy Hi fellow naturals, first off I would like to say thanks for reading this, and helping me in my natural hair journey.

WELP! I 'accidentally' went natural, Smile I was perming my hair once a month, and when it came time for another perm, I noticed that my hair was so thin and brittle, like dead grass, I was stressed out at work, things were not looking good in alot of matters, so that being said, I felt like doing my hair and working with my hair was a big pain, I felt like it was getting in the way of life, so I decided to chop it off. However, I had a coworker at work who'd done the same thing, I asked her why, what were the reasons and how was it going for her. She explained to me that she had went 'natural' I was like... natural... WHATS THAT, and tell me more. So after talking to alot I was like wow, and I hadn't had a perm in about a month, so I was like you know what it all makes sense, and it felt right. Without any hesitation I started searching and looking at countless youtube videos, blogs, websites, and magazines about natural hair. When I seen a woman who had a head full of hair after only being natural for a year I was astounded. I never had long hair before but to the length of my neck and thats as long as it has been my entire life. pale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is my big chop. dance

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is me@ a month growth.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know what texture I am, and I have been using the Organic Root Stimulator: Moisturizer, and Herbal Essence: Totally twisted. I JUST learned like an hour ago, that you have to Deep condition your hair and keep it moisturized ALL the time. Previously, I had been washing my hair once a week, after I wash I would moisturize and thats it. I've never deep conditioned my hair, I also had thought that deep conditioning was just leaving the condition you use in your hair for 10 or 15 min in the shower. I also haven't been using any oils at all. I was wondering why my hair wasn't feeling so soft, or wasn't dry all the time like I had seen other peoples hair. confused

confused I'm confused on many things, and I have alot of questions as to what did YOU do with your hair when you big chopped. Should I start deep conditioning and how does it work exactly? Do you wash your hair, moisturize, deep condition, then add oil or re-moisturize? Or do you just jump into the deep condition, and moisturize after? Can you co-wash and then deep condition afterwards? If you wash your hair once a week like me, can you deep condition that way day or should it be 3 or 4 days later that same week? When do you add in oil? How does that work? Do you oil your hair and then moisturize afterwards or vice versa? I am very lost in this right now; (as you can tell). I want to go ahead and thank everyone for reading this and replying. I love you
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please! Empty Re: Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please!

Post by naturally yours 13th November 2010, 12:57 pm

welcome and congrats! i bc'd last july.i cowash once a week. after i cowash i add conditioner to my hair as a leave in than seal with olive oil. i deep condition every other week.i deep condition on dry hair. once conditioner is in my hair i put a shower cap on and tie it down with a scarve to create body heat to help the conditioner penetrate. i let it sit over nite. cowash, than add little conditioner as a leave in than seal hair with olive oil. if u have anymore questions let me know

Last edited by naturally yours on 13th November 2010, 1:57 pm; edited 8 times in total

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please! Empty Re: Big chopped 1 month ago, HELP ME, please!

Post by annedrea 13th November 2010, 1:01 pm

Hey girlie...

Well lets see where we start. When I first did my big chop in June of this year I was experiencing dryness too and you will begin to learn your hair. First let's start with cowashing.
1.I cowash my hair every other day.
2.After I cowash I leave a little of the conditioner in my hair for my leave-in as I find that this is really what keeps softness in my sponge.
3.After I do that I get a microfiber towel and wrap my hair for about 5 mins than I apply extra virgin coconut oil to my scalp and castor oil to my ends. 4.For a styler I use a little bit of Kinky Curly Curling Custard and let air dry.

I wash and deep condition my hair weekly.
1. I wash and condition with my pretty little hair is parched shampoo and conditioner.
2. Apply Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner.
3. Get a plastic bag and baggy my hair overnight.
4. Rinse out deep conditioner in the morning, apply some conditioner for my leavein.
5. Than towel dry my hair for about 5 mins
6. Add coconut oil to scalp, castor oil to ends.
7. Style as I want (usually in box braids for two weeks)

But hey I hope this helps if you have any questions about my regimen just let me know.

Smile
annedrea
annedrea

http://www.akinkystateofmind.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenCrystal 13th November 2010, 5:03 pm

Thanks you guys! all of my questions have been answered, love the details, can't have enough of those when it comes to natural hair lol.
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down