Fitness Friend

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Fitness Friend

Post by misskris on 3rd March 2011, 2:27 pm

Hey everyone!!! Hope you all are well.
SO...Got my Zumba over the weekend and I LOVE it. Well I already knew I loved Zumba but I am very pleased with the system so far. Love the toning sticks too! They rattle when you shake em!!! Very Happy It even came with a little booklet with menu samples. Haven't used any of those yet but I may. LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba!!! I may have said that on CN a hundred times by now!!! LOL

So I am down a few lbs since the last time I posted. I am staying motivated. Hope you all are too!! Guess I need to update my ticker!!!

run
misskris

View user profile http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 3rd March 2011, 2:39 pm

I didn't even know this thread existed.

One of my main reasons for going natural was so that I could lose the "hair excuse" for not working out.

I bought myself an elliptical in late January. I use it 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. I'm down 12 pounds since January 20th.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 3rd March 2011, 2:50 pm

Hey Yldthng!!!! And welcome!! that's AWESOME!!! keep it up. What's your goal??
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 3rd March 2011, 2:51 pm

and your TWA is very cute on you!! I miss mine sometimes but now trying to grow it out as long as I can! Very Happy
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 3rd March 2011, 3:03 pm

misskris wrote:Hey Yldthng!!!! And welcome!! that's AWESOME!!! keep it up. What's your goal??
Thank you! Actually, I don't really have a goal weight, but if I lost another 30 pounds, I wouldn't be mad. At 46, my goal is just to exercise, consistently, 5-6 days a week.

misskris wrote:and your TWA is very cute on you!! I miss mine sometimes but now trying to grow it out as long as I can! Very Happy
Awww, thank you chica! My plan is to keep the TWA - I want it longer than this, but I plan to keep it short - I'm all for easy & simple.

yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 3rd March 2011, 3:13 pm

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked 46?????????????????? no way, get outta here!!!!!! I NEVER woulda thought you were 40-anything!!!!! WOW!!! That's inspiring!!! cheers
I totally hear you about wanting to keep it simple. It's SO easy at that length. I used to just shower, mousse and go!!! lol
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 3rd March 2011, 4:50 pm

@yld yess! You are rocking that twa!

@kriss love the knew avi!! :-). I always hear about the zumba...but I don't really know what it is.lol.
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 3rd March 2011, 5:09 pm

M&B. go to www.zumbafitness.com to read some about it. If you like dancing you'd love it. It's simple dance moves put to the rhythms of salsa, merengue, reggaeton and more. When I did it on Monday the 1st time in a LONG time my WHOLE body was sweating, even my shins, my WHOLE arms, everything. I love it!!! You should check it out. And if you don't want to try the whole system on their website you can always go to Wal-Mart and get the Wii game or get the single DVD. I know www.amazon.com has them.
Very Happy
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 4th March 2011, 8:30 pm

Little sleep last night + getting up early = A rough work out. I felt like I had lead in my shoes. Haha!! I was able to do 15 mins on the elliptical, 30 mins on the treadmill and do a little weight training...chest, back and arms

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 7th March 2011, 11:40 am

I'm a bit off the wagon, only worked out a few times last week and I am up a pound too. This week I want to get back into the swing of things.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 7th March 2011, 11:54 am

I ran 30 mins none stop today. I am slowly but surely building up my endurance again. I ended up doing one hour of cardio total. Burned 745 calories!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 8th March 2011, 9:47 am

Hey Lynnie. I like your new profile pic!!

@ Court, you'll be able to get back into the swing of things.

So This morning I did my beloved Zumba!! I burned about 680 something and it's still going of course. I wear my watch all day so I can see how much I supposedly burn thruout the day. I feel it's pretty inaccurate though because usually by the end of the day it says I have burned 9999 calories!!!!!!! Not sure if that's possible. But that's what it normally says. Anwyay, hope you all are doing well. Have a great day!! run
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird on 8th March 2011, 11:32 am

Hey all, hope everyone is going strong.

So my 5am workout is still going strong and i enjoy it quite a bit, mainly because i feel so alive and energize for the rest of the work day.

My weekend gym time is also doing pretty good. Not sure if i lost any more weight, but my body do feel much better and leaner.

@ MisKris....680 Cal... that is great!!! Is that in an hour? Keep that up and you will def be on the right track.

@Yldthng ....welcome!!!!

Ladybird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 8th March 2011, 1:04 pm

@misskris - Yeah, I'm an old head - but thanks girl!

@Ladybird @Mangos&Bananas - Thanks ladies!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]It's been a real stressful week for me. I'm down another pound, but that monthly chick is right around the corner . . .
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 9th March 2011, 10:11 am

Headed to the gym soon to do zumba, going to put my little one in the nursery. She hasn't been in there in forever, but last time we took her to the gym to play we showed her the room and she liked it. Went to Zumba Monday night at the gym and teacher was a dud (I feel guilty saying that, esp. since I teach yoga sometimes). I didn't break a sweat though and she was quite hard to follow. Hoping the class this morning is better, I've met this teacher in passing and she seems about 21 and very peppy, so hopefully her perky butt will get me moving this morning, hee.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 9th March 2011, 1:50 pm

HAhahaha Court!!!! Fortunately the two Zumba teachers I had were pretty good. That sucks though that she didn't know what she was doing. LOL My DVDs are always on point so I don't have to worry about that.

In fact, I did it again this morning. This time I did the Zumba Live DVD and it was great!!! I was sweating SO much. Great workout. Yesterday, I got in 2 workouts - Zumba in the am and then gym in the pm. The reason - I ate a Wendy's Asiago Chicken sandwich with some fries (no ranch on the sandwich though) so I felt guilty and had to go to the gym!!! SO glad I did. I STILL lost weight!!! I have updated my ticker too!!

So my dumb visitor should be coming some time soon. My plan is to do the Special K diet for that time to see if that will help the weight loss block I usually face tat time of month!!! We;ll see how it goes. I'll also be eaiting a bit of citrus fruits too. I'll keep y'all posted.

Hope all is well.
dance
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 9th March 2011, 2:01 pm

The teacher this morning was a lot of fun, and she did hand weights and abs after the zumba class, and my girl did great in the nursery. I will repeat this class next week. I am going to try to up my gym usage because 1. I am paying for it and 2. My little girl is being very difficult about letting me work out at home lately, so I need the babysitting. Last night I did one of my P57 dvds. I want the zumba dvds but I will hold off until I get bored with P57 or need another change. I already have too many workout DVDS.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 10th March 2011, 12:42 pm

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 3 pounds since I weighed myself last Wednesday. That really makes me smile, especially since that monthly witch showed up yesterday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I'm down 15 pounds since I got my elliptical on January 20th.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird on 10th March 2011, 1:33 pm

OMG....my legs are on fire!!!!

I pushed myself this morning and boy is my legging burning right. I burned 530 Cal in my hour. I feel good but i am walking around my office like Jello Laughing

Nothing feels good like sweet pain.

Hey Yldthng... can you hook me up with those awsome smiley's
Ladybird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 10th March 2011, 1:55 pm

Hey Ladies. Yeah, Yldthng, where DO you get those emoticons from???

So Ladies, I am hanging in there. Did Jackie Warner's Xtreme DVD this morning and I was sweating up a storm. Felt great. I can SEE the light at the end of the tunnel....about 23 lbs away!!! LOL

woot!
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 10th March 2011, 5:18 pm

Today I did an hour and 15 mins of cardio. I ended up burning 900 calories!!! I was soaking wet too. I ran for 25 mins (a little over 2 miles) and walked for 35 mins on an incline of 15, speed 4. Then I did 15 mins on the elliptical machine. I wanted to burn 1000 calories but I got to the gym late and I was DONE!! Haha!!!

I'll try it again next time!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng on 10th March 2011, 5:26 pm

@MissKris and @Ladybird - I've got a couple of forums, so I've got close to 900 smilies. PM me your email addresses and I'll send you the zip file if you'd like.
yldthng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird on 12th March 2011, 6:26 pm

So my workout today was great!!!!! ( @ least i think so ) Very Happy

Went to the gym and burned ...wait for it ....wait for it ....1065 CAL!!!!!! woot!

Started with treadmill...30 Mins...Incline 15.0, Speed 40 mph=405

StairMaster...30 Mins.....Level 5=260

Stationary Bike 1hr ...Level 8-10= 400

I feel great!!!! and i cannot wait for tomorrow, but will do less Cardio and more weights.

Hope every one is hanging in there.
Ladybird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 12th March 2011, 8:07 pm

Go LadyBird!!!!

Today I was able to get to the gym (very rare on Saturdays). I did 30 mins on the elliptical, 20 mins on the treadmill, and upper body weight training (chest, arms, back).

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris on 13th March 2011, 11:12 am

Hey Ladies. Today is my rest day. But yesterday I went to the gym and worked on my arms and back with some good weight machines and did 3.5 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes. WHEW!!! So today my upper body is a little tight but that's good!!! My little friend (yeah right) will be visiting any day now so I am sure my weight won't be going down much. But we'll see. Hope you all are doing well!!!
woot!
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum