Fitness Friend

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Fitness Friend

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 20th November 2010, 11:44 am

Good morning ladies!! SEE I have slacked off again. This morning (after I make a quick coconut milk run for my hair) I'm going to do 45 minutes of this GREAT dance cardio video I found on Netflix. Since this is about accountability. I did a sorry ob of counting my calories this week but I am going to START with TODAY!! It's a new day!
CurlyChefRobin

View user profile http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 20th November 2010, 11:51 am

In an additional news break Silk has a DELICIOUS Mint Chocolate Soy Milk for only 90 calories and I am addicted to it! YUM!
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 20th November 2010, 11:55 am

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Good morning ladies!! SEE I have slacked off again. This morning (after I make a quick coconut milk run for my hair) I'm going to do 45 minutes of this GREAT dance cardio video I found on Netflix. Since this is about accountability. I did a sorry ob of counting my calories this week but I am going to START with TODAY!! It's a new day!

What's the name of the video? I have Nexflix!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 20th November 2010, 11:56 am

Goodmorning:

Since I last wrote on Tuesday I have continued to run outside completing W4 of Couch to 5K this morning. I wanted to get to the gym one more time, but didnt have time while at work and i didnt feel like it once i got home. So I did not meet my goal of using the Elliptical at least 3x/wk outside of the running, but 2xs/3 is a good start.

Either tomorrow or Monday I will start W5 of the program in preparation for my Turkey Trot Run on ThanksGiving Day. HOpefully I can run a majority of it or maybe i will surprise myself and run it all.

Good Luck everyone!!
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 20th November 2010, 12:06 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
CurlyChefRobin wrote:Good morning ladies!! SEE I have slacked off again. This morning (after I make a quick coconut milk run for my hair) I'm going to do 45 minutes of this GREAT dance cardio video I found on Netflix. Since this is about accountability. I did a sorry ob of counting my calories this week but I am going to START with TODAY!! It's a new day!

What's the name of the video? I have Nexflix!

It's called Crunch: Fat Burning Dance Party
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 20th November 2010, 12:09 pm

I've done that video! It's a pretty fun workout.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 20th November 2010, 12:14 pm

summerbreeze76 wrote:Goodmorning:

Since I last wrote on Tuesday I have continued to run outside completing W4 of Couch to 5K this morning. I wanted to get to the gym one more time, but didnt have time while at work and i didnt feel like it once i got home. So I did not meet my goal of using the Elliptical at least 3x/wk outside of the running, but 2xs/3 is a good start.

Either tomorrow or Monday I will start W5 of the program in preparation for my Turkey Trot Run on ThanksGiving Day. HOpefully I can run a majority of it or maybe i will surprise myself and run it all.

Good Luck everyone!!

There is a 8k (4.97 miles) Turkey Trot here on Thanksgiving. It's suppose to rain here. Running in the cold and RAIN is not my thing. Plus I know I wouldnt be able to run the entire time. Sad

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours on 22nd November 2010, 2:58 am

I need a fitness friend as well! I need to lose a few pounds, but I don't know where to star
t. I had a fitness friend, but neither of us has done a good job at keeping each other motivated.

TIA.
naturally.yours

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 22nd November 2010, 10:36 am

I gained a pound last week even though I counted calories and fat and worked out 6 days. Oh well! I feel good about the workouts and I am hoping to keep my groove with the holidays approaching.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 22nd November 2010, 11:51 am

courtrhapsody wrote:I gained a pound last week even though I counted calories and fat and worked out 6 days. Oh well! I feel good about the workouts and I am hoping to keep my groove with the holidays approaching.

That happens sometimes. Try not to be down on yourself, even though it sucks. You will probably lose it plus some this week.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks on 22nd November 2010, 2:59 pm

Hi ladies, I am in!

I need to track my calories burned and eaten much better. I have not been losing as I hoped, and I know it is because of this. I think I do not eat enough calories Crying or Very sad . I have been losing inches but I would love to see the weight go also. My goal is to lose an additional 42 pounds--losing 1-2 pounds a week.

Today, I am working out at lunch time-10m on elliptical and full body strength training. I also plan to attend a 45m spinning class & 15m stretch class after work.

Let's keep up the great work!
ChrsLvsBks

View user profile http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 22nd November 2010, 3:14 pm

ChrsLvsBks, what is spinning like for you? They give it at my gym but I have always been a bit intimidated to try it.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks on 22nd November 2010, 5:00 pm

courtrhapsody wrote:ChrsLvsBks, what is spinning like for you? They give it at my gym but I have always been a bit intimidated to try it.
I I love you it! I have been doing it since March. About two months ago, I gave up one class and added a Saturday Zumba class. Zumba is the best, IMO!

The seat does get some getting used to but give it three tries. Remember to go at your own pace and keep moving.
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 23rd November 2010, 12:54 am

I worked out for 30 mins on the Elliptical during my lunch hour. 2.5 miles and about 450 calories. Then when i got home i went out for my run. I am on W5D1 of the Couch 25k program. I really enjoyed my run and i am enjoying this program a lot better the second time around. Im pretty sure doing it outside has something to do with that.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks on 23rd November 2010, 11:23 am

I ate too many calories (over by 350) yesterday plus I did not go spinning after work. I did burn 301 calories during my lunch time routine. I need to do better. Let's see what today holds.
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 23rd November 2010, 1:24 pm

You worked out once, so that is something! I was OK on calories until about 9 PM when my hubs and I decided to have a drink. Those drinking calories will get you
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 23rd November 2010, 10:25 pm

Today I decided to see how long I could run without stopping. I was so SHOCKED!!! Shocked I ran for a hour - 5 miles!!! I'm so proud of myself!! I burned 700+ calories!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 23rd November 2010, 10:40 pm

Go Lynnie!!! I must admit I've fallen off the exercise bandwagon but I realized why. I am severely Vitamin D deficient which can cause exhaustion and depression. This means that there is a reason I usually feel too tired to exercise. I've upped my Vitamin D dosage per my doctor and I should be back to normal in no time. I'm off tomorrow so I DO plan to work out for a good hour in the am.
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks on 24th November 2010, 12:23 pm

courtrhapsody wrote:You worked out once, so that is something! I was OK on calories until about 9 PM when my hubs and I decided to have a drink. Those drinking calories will get you
Yes, they will.

Lynnieluve wrote:Today I decided to see how long I could run without stopping. I was so SHOCKED!!! Shocked I ran for a hour - 5 miles!!! I'm so proud of myself!! I burned 700+ calories!
That is great!

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Go Lynnie!!! I must admit I've fallen off the exercise bandwagon but I realized why. I am severely Vitamin D deficient which can cause exhaustion and depression. This means that there is a reason I usually feel too tired to exercise. I've upped my Vitamin D dosage per my doctor and I should be back to normal in no time. I'm off tomorrow so I DO plan to work out for a good hour in the am.
Have a great workout! I hope I get to the gym Friday morning for Zumba and Saturday morning for step and Zumba. I need to burn off the calories I know I will eat today (company potluck) and tomorrow.

I counted all my calories yesterday bounce . I ate within my calorie range 1200-1550.

ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 24th November 2010, 1:27 pm

Go Lynnie! That is awesome.

CurlyChefRobin, I know that many people are vitamin D deficient, even my mom was recently and she lives in Las Vegas (land of the sun). Hope the vitamin D helps!

I am off to Cleveland tomorrow. I broke out the cooler and bought whole wheat wraps and deli turkey and light cream cheese to make us some wrap sandwiches for the road, just to try to avoid fast food. I know I will eat Thanksgiving dinner and go out to some restaurants in Cleveland, so I don't want to waste even more calories on stupid road food. I plan to take a hot yoga class on Friday morning at the place I used to go when I lived there and I will take my Physique 57 DVDS. I figure I can work out while my husband takes our daughter to the hotel pool.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 24th November 2010, 2:03 pm

courtrhapsody wrote:Go Lynnie! That is awesome.

CurlyChefRobin, I know that many people are vitamin D deficient, even my mom was recently and she lives in Las Vegas (land of the sun). Hope the vitamin D helps!

I am off to Cleveland tomorrow. I broke out the cooler and bought whole wheat wraps and deli turkey and light cream cheese to make us some wrap sandwiches for the road, just to try to avoid fast food. I know I will eat Thanksgiving dinner and go out to some restaurants in Cleveland, so I don't want to waste even more calories on stupid road food. I plan to take a hot yoga class on Friday morning at the place I used to go when I lived there and I will take my Physique 57 DVDS. I figure I can work out while my husband takes our daughter to the hotel pool.

Ohhhh, you are coming to my city!!! Yay and enjoy!!!

I did work out for 40 minutes this morning using a Netflix sculpting video. Now time to do a little last minute birthday party shopping and stop to get my new license with my curly hair!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 24th November 2010, 2:03 pm

Oh, btw - I can tell a huge difference when I'm on my Vitamin D. It's almost like night and day.
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 24th November 2010, 2:25 pm

Thanks ladies!!

This morning I did 15 mins on the elliptical - level 10
Weight training - upper body - arms and back (30 mins)
Finished with 10 mins on the treadmill - 15 incline 4.0 speed

I burned 300 doing my cardio. Not sure about the weights.

I may try to hit the gym in the morning before me make our rounds. Laughing

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 27th November 2010, 1:54 am

Today I did one hr of cardio. I did a combo of walking and running. I was dragging today. I went in the gym thinking I would run 3 miles but it just didnt happen today. I did end up burning close to 700 calories.

How are you workouts coming alone during the holidays? Prettybrowneyes, where are you?!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 27th November 2010, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 27th November 2010, 1:15 pm

Hey everybody. Hope your Thanksgiving went well.

SInce my last post I participated in a 5K on Thanksgiving Day. Ran all of it except 2 minutes. I felt really good. I took yesterday off and today got up and ran W5D2 of the Couch25K. I started to just try and run a full 30 mins, but i didnt feel like it and let me tell you, despite being able to run a full 40+ minutes the other day, the run this morning kinda kicked my butt and the wind was blowing something awful. I was able to complete the run though so i am grateful for that. My neighborhood is also a bit hilly so maybe that had something to do with it.

I gotta remember to buy a tape measure today to see if i am losing inches.

Keep up the good work ladies.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum