Fitness Friend

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Fitness Friend

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 8th November 2010, 11:50 pm

Hi! Looking for, needing, a fitness friend. I have about 25 -30 pounds I'd like to lose. My workout buddy is pregnant and I just can't seem to get my butt into gear. Seems like I stay on the wagon and then fall off on the exercise and I must exercise to lose weight!! I'll also start tracking my food (no excuses because I have an iphone) and then I'll fall off of that. My goal is to work out 4X per week and count my calories daily. Anyone want to hold me accountable? Thanks!!!
CurlyChefRobin

View user profile http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fitness Friend

Post by prettybrowneyes66 on 9th November 2010, 1:17 pm

This is a fabulous idea!!! My buddy keeps slipping up and eating fried chicken so she hasn't been any help to me at all. I've been tracking my food for a few weeks now. It started out great, but I digress.......due to the lack of a proper support system I started my bad eating habits again. I would like to lose 40lbs minimum to be back at a healthy weight. I too need someone to hole me accountable! I am determined to stop yo-yo dieting and do this thing once and for all. I'm ready if you are.
prettybrowneyes66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 9th November 2010, 1:41 pm

IM in as well. What do you guys have in mind?

I have been working out pretty regularly, but occasionally i miss a week here and there. I would like to lose weight too.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrowneyes66 on 9th November 2010, 1:53 pm

I personally do a lot better when I can have someone to express my highs and lows of my weightloss journey to. I'd like to exchange tips on eating and exercises as well....anything to keep us motivated and uplifted so we can stay on track!
prettybrowneyes66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 9th November 2010, 4:36 pm

Hey CurlyChefRobin, you are in Cleveland Hts! I used to live there, I was in the Cleveland area for 6 years before moving to CT.

I am recently back on the weight loss wagon, I am still battling a little baby weight (but the baby is now 2.5, oops) and I would like to lose about 20 lbs. I am also a terrible yo yo dieter. I've lost a few pounds recently after joining a support group with some facebook friends and it has been a help, especially with motivating to workout. I would like to participate in that sort of thing here. I'm using sparkpeople.com to track my calories and workouts. If you guys don't know about that one try it, it's free!
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 9th November 2010, 5:33 pm

Yay everyone!!! Ok, please add if you'd like but for me I'd like to have accountability in the following areas -

1) Tracking food (every little bite)
2) Exercise most days of the week (even if it's just 10 minutes)

We can check in as much as possible to make sure we are all keeping up. I'd also LOVE to make sure we provide support, encouragement, recipes and food/exercise tips. I'm actually a chef and a nutrition educator I just have to practice what I preach.

So, any other suggestions?
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrowneyes66 on 9th November 2010, 6:02 pm

I'm excited! In the words of our leader "fired up.... ready to go!"
prettybrowneyes66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 9th November 2010, 7:46 pm

One tip I have is to check out your cable on demand or netflix instant features for workouts to do at home. Hulu also has some online, and even youtube. I try to do a little something at home on the days I don't go to zumba and I am liking the videos lately.

courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 11th November 2010, 11:03 am

Ok ladies. I have tracked my calories for the past two days and I'm going to work out now for today. Here we go!!!!
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 11th November 2010, 12:04 pm

I've been tracking for a week now, on sparkpeople. It is really helpful to plan out my day of eating in the morning. It leads to less mindless snacking or eating whatever because I can't think of anything to eat. I did a 30 min arms and abs workout yesterday and I am S-O-R-E.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 13th November 2010, 10:15 am

How is everyone doing? Anything to share? Workout plans for the weekend? I am waiting for my husband to get home from the DMV, hopefully in time for me to go to zumba.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 13th November 2010, 12:00 pm

Morning ladies!!! I am up and at'em! I have my shoes on and I'm stepping outside for a nice long walk. Gonna enjoy this beautiful day and the glory of the Lord at the same time! I LOVE IT!!! Yesterday I was so busy I didn't count at all and had a (cough cough, few) silent brownies during the youth Bible study I hosted at my house last night.

Hopefully I'll burn a lot of them off today. Going to the movies tonight. I will take my water with me and TRY to stay away from the popcorn. What are you all up to and any updates!

@courtrhapsody - I can't wait to try Zumba!
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 13th November 2010, 1:24 pm

Brownies happen :-)

Zumba was fun this morning!
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 13th November 2010, 2:07 pm

Hey! I'll join in to inspire others!!

A little about my fitness journey:

My hair was falling out (post partum shedding) and I had gained back 20 pounds after getting to my prebaby weight. I was not happy! No So I decided April 2009 that I would go natural and start my fitness journey!! I am happy to report a year and a half later, I am still working out weekly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I knew if I wanted to make this a lifestyle change (the only real way to keep the weight off), I would need to set realistic goals for myself. I decided not to deny myself anything but to eat things in moderation. I started with making small changes like: drinking more water, limit junk foods and fried foods, working out 3 days a week for 30 minutes.

I wanted a fast weightloss (who doesnt) but I knew that was not realistic. So I decided to just make these changes and not focus on the scale so much. The first month I lost about 5 pounds. Then I didnt lose any more weight for 3 months but my clothes were fitting better. It was tough not seeing the scale move but I felt stronger. I moved my workouts to 4 days a week/45mins-1 hr workout. I also added weight training to the mix. A little less than when I started, I lost the 20lbs.

This pass June I started running. I never imagine myself being a runner....I actually said I would never run. Boy was I wrong. I started a 9 week running plan called Couch to 5k and ran my first 5k last month. This week I started the next running plan - The Bridge to 10k (6 weeks). I am really enjoying it.

I HAVE TO WORKOUT AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK!! If I dont, I feel bad. My son was sick last week so I only worked out 1 day Embarassed. My diet hadnt been that great either and it showed up on the scale hence my starting the Bridge to 10k running plan. As we all know Thanksgiving is right around the corner so I have kicked my workouts in to high gear. My comfortable weight is between 154-156 or less (I'm 5'9). I am now working to get back there. It's only 3lbs but we all know it starts out as 3lbs then the next thing you know, it is 15lbs. Gotta be proactive!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you ladies. I will post my daily workouts here!!!

Good luck on your fitness journeys!!!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin on 13th November 2010, 2:16 pm

It is a beautiful day in Cleveland! Perfect temps and beautiful sunshine! Loving that Vitamin D. I burned 387 today doing an hour walk and 20 minutes of a dance video I found on netflix. Btw, I LOVE Netflix. Today I plan to count my calories. I trying to maintain 1,400 calories daily. Any less than that and I die! LOL! What can I say, I',m a chef and I love food!

Please, please yell at me if I don't post anything. Even if it was a bad day i want to post. Gotta keep accountable! Thanks ladies!
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 13th November 2010, 8:12 pm

Hey ladies,

I had a day of shopping yesterday at the Outlets in PA. Whenever my friends and I do this it is an all day thing, which includes breakfast and dinner. Bottom line i pigged out. The only difference was that for dinner we decided not to go to the all you can eat Smorgasbord and instead we went to Olive Garden. So i only had salad and my dinner, whereas at the other place i would of had at least two helpings of dinner and whatever of their many desserts my heart desired. I was feeling guilty and then I thought about that that difference was probably at least a thousand calories if not more. So yesterday was a not so good day, but its in the past.

Today i went out and completed my Run. Like i mentioned earlier, I completed the Couch to 5 K running program last month, but i did it mostly on the treadmill and i need to get acclimated to running outside. So i have started over in the middle of the program and only running it outdoors. I will start W4 on Monday or maybe tomorrow if i feel so inclined (probably not). It was a beautiful day out and that really helps with getting through the runs,

My only concerns is that i may not be doing enough cardio, so i gotta make the time to at least get on my elliptical a few times a week in addition to the running.

Good luck this week Ladies.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 15th November 2010, 4:35 pm

Hey Ladies,

I worked out during my lunch hour for 45 mins. I used the Elliptical, which once was my go to machine, but since I started running I have limited myself to it cuz i know it is my comfort zone. IDK if it was hot in the gym or the fact that it has been a few weeks since i was last on an Elliptical, but i was sweating literally like a Pig. My hair was dripping and i was constantly wiping my face. I usually wear a scarf, but i didnt today, so maybe that was the issue.

I plan on running tonight when i get home. Im feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have a 5k next week and i am not really concerned about if i cant run the entire thing. It would be nice, but i wont beat myself up. What I am overwhelmed about is being ready for the Half Marathon i signed up for which takes place in August 2011. I know that is a ways off, but the anxiety has set in and my fear is that i wont be able to complete it. Im trying not to wait until a couple of months before to say, "oh guess i getter learn how to run."....WOOSAAA Rolling Eyes

Anyhoot, how has it been for you guys today or over the weekend.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 15th November 2010, 9:18 pm

Today I did my 57 minute Physique 57 dvd. Gosh it is hard. I always feel bad when I can't do the entire workout and have to take breaks.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 16th November 2010, 3:46 pm

courtrhapsody wrote:Today I did my 57 minute Physique 57 dvd. Gosh it is hard. I always feel bad when I can't do the entire workout and have to take breaks.

Be proud of yourself for atleast getting up and doing it! Great Job
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 16th November 2010, 3:47 pm

I worked out again today during my lunch. 35 minutes on the Elliptical. 205 miles. I did not run last night so i have to do it tonight. Its raining here but i am going to do it anyway. Maybe the rain and darkness will help me to increase my speed so that i can hurry back home.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 on 16th November 2010, 3:48 pm

I worked out again today during my lunch. 35 minutes on the Elliptical. 205 miles. I did not run last night so i have to do it tonight. Its raining here but i am going to do it anyway. Maybe the rain and darkness will help me to increase my speed so that i can hurry back home.
summerbreeze76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 16th November 2010, 4:24 pm

I completed week one of Bridge to 10k!!! I will start week 2 on Thursday! I'm a little nervous. Week 2 requires to to run 15 mins, walk 1 min - I do this 3 times. Wish me luck!!

Tomorrow, my goal is to burn at least 500 calories.

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 16th November 2010, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 16th November 2010, 4:36 pm

Sounds good guys! Lynneluve that is great, I tried the couch to 5k plan once and did not make it past week 4. I would like to do it again some day, but since I hate running I am trying to concentrate on doing things that I will actually stick with so I can build the habit of exercising.

Still counting calories. I get used to eating less food after a few weeks of counting, or at least knowing not to eat junk so I maximize my calories with real food. I still love sparkpeople.com, I think it is really helpful.
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody on 20th November 2010, 11:00 am

Happy weekend, ladies! I am headed off to a Zumba Autumn Explosion party that my Zumba teacher is having, 3 hours of Zumba with live drums. She promises that we will only do 20 min sets with plenty of breaks, I hope that's the case!
courtrhapsody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 20th November 2010, 11:08 am

Sorry I hadnt been over to update (I see I'm not the only one LOL!!!)

I did an hr of cardio on Thursday (walking and running) I surpassed my goal. I burned 700+ calories. Then I went to the gym yesterday. I did 40 mins of cardio (ran one mile and walked the rest). I burned 550+ calories.

I probably wont make it to the gym again until Monday!!!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next